• Sponsor
  • 1,185 posts
  • 283 thanks
  • 54 topics
  • Local time: 06:21 AM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

I purchased a Kawasaki Rouser 220 in February 2012 in Mandaue, and because the bike is over 200CC, it's supposed to have 3 years registration, right??

Well, to cut a long story short, the plates have FINALLY come through and the plate just has a 2012 sticker. Is it supposed to have a 2012, 13 and 14 sticker like I see on newly registered cars?? The manager at Gud Motos in Mandaue reckoned I just need to go to the LTO after 1 year and they will provide a new 2013 sticker free of charge. Doesn't sound correct to me......

I know David_Livingin Talisay got 3 years registration on his Serrow and I'm sure there must also be other members who purchased bigger bikes who would know what is the correct procedure.

#2 musicman666

musicman666
  • Elite Member
  • 4,686 posts
  • 694 thanks
  • 114 topics
  • Local time: 01:21 PM
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

From what I read here you are being taken for a ride!

#3 SkyMan

SkyMan

Stripe Rider

• +Global Mod
  • 11,987 posts
  • 2361 thanks
  • 690 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

I don't think it has to do with engine size but the fact its brand new. I also think that has to be done at registration and paid for then. I don't think it saves you any money except if the dealer pays for the 3 years instead of you.

Edited by SkyMan, 26 July 2012 - 09:30 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:
smokey

#4 johnboy999

johnboy999

Pompey Till I Die :-)

• Sponsor
  • 1,185 posts
  • 283 thanks
  • 54 topics

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

I don't think it has to do with engine size but the fact its brand new. I also think that has to be done at registration and paid for then. I don't think it saves you any money except if the dealer pays for the 3 years instead of you.

The Land Transportation Office (LTO) has released the implementing rules and regulations regarding the three-year validity registration scheme for brand new vehicles, set to be implemented next month.

LTO memorandum circular 575-2005 signed by LTO Assistant Secretary Anneli Lontoc stated all brand new vehicles or vehicles that are new and unregistered; motor vehicles manufactured, assembled, imported, distributed and/or sold regardless of classification by corporations or companies accredited by LTO; brand new motor vehicles regardless of classification; and motorcycles with engine displacement of above 200 cc are covered of the registration scheme.

#5 musicman666

musicman666
  • Elite Member
  • 4,686 posts
  • 694 thanks
  • 114 topics

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

Maybe I'm missing something but according to David I thought that was the situation today?

#6 johnboy999

johnboy999

• Sponsor
  • 1,185 posts
  • 283 thanks
  • 54 topics

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

You're not missing anything, musicman666. My question was basically asking if I had been issued the correct sticker. Do I need to go back to the LTO for a new sticker each year? KInda defeats the object of the 3 year registration if that's the case.... lol

I'm just trying to find out what other people's experiences were

The quote above was aimed at Skyman who seemed to think the engine size was not relevant. If it was a smaller-engined bike, it would only have a 1 year registration but as it's over 200cc it should have the 3 year registration as standard, as per LTO instructions.

Edited by johnboy999, 27 July 2012 - 04:30 PM.

#7 hypoman

hypoman

hypoman

• Elite Member
  • 142 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • 45 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

what does the OR have on it? does it state anywhere thats theres 3 yrs rego on it?
im just interested if when you get the 3yrs rego is it there on the OR?
I assume it should be. maybe David can clarify this?

#8 musicman666

musicman666
  • Elite Member
  • 4,686 posts
  • 694 thanks
  • 114 topics

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

You're not missing anything, musicman666. My question was basically asking if I had been issued the correct sticker. Do I need to go back to the LTO for a new sticker each year? KInda defeats the object of the 3 year registration if that's the case.... lol

I'm just trying to find out what other people's experiences were

The quote above was aimed at Skyman who seemed to think the engine size was not relevant. If it was a smaller-engined bike, it would only have a 1 year registration but as it's over 200cc it should have the 3 year registration as standard, as per LTO instructions.

Ok.... Personally If it was me I would be asking the owner of the dealer to sign a letter stating what he said just in case it wasn't true... It may not count for much but it might just bring the matter to a head if what he said wasn't true.

Personally I think it's bull..... Because I think I read somewhere that David was going on about just getting one year on a bike instead of three....it may have been his own bike...I'm not sure.

But it should have been three.

Edited by musicman666, 27 July 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#9 johnboy999

johnboy999

• Sponsor
  • 1,185 posts
  • 283 thanks
  • 54 topics

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

I don't think that dealership has much if any experience of selling bigger bikes - all the other bikes there are generally 100 or 125cc where it's just a straightforward 1 year. The manager didn't seem clear and when I asked him if it was 3 years, he said that I just had to go to the LTO after 1 year and they would issue me a new sticker free of charge. As the dealer is up in Mandaue and I am down in Alcoy, I was just trying to be sure of a few facts before I travel all the way back up there (it's a good 100km each way).

And just where is David when you need him? lol I know he should know this as it was him who originally told me about the 3 years.

#10 David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay
  • Elite Member
  • 4,936 posts
  • 1255 thanks
  • 480 topics
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

I purchased a Kawasaki Rouser 220 in February 2012 in Mandaue, and because the bike is over 200CC, it's supposed to have 3 years registration, right??

Well, to cut a long story short, the plates have FINALLY come through and the plate just has a 2012 sticker. Is it supposed to have a 2012, 13 and 14 sticker like I see on newly registered cars?? The manager at Gud Motos in Mandaue reckoned I just need to go to the LTO after 1 year and they will provide a new 2013 sticker free of charge. Doesn't sound correct to me......

I know David_Livingin Talisay got 3 years registration on his Serrow and I'm sure there must also be other members who purchased bigger bikes who would know what is the correct procedure.

It was my Hyundai Matric 1.5 CRDi VGT that I purchased NEW from Hyundai, here in Cebu in May 2005, that was Registered for 3 Years.

It came with LTO Sticker that had just 1 Sticker, but 3 Years listed:-

3 Year LTO Sticker.jpg
NB: Not the 'actual' LTO Sticker, just one I created in Photoshop to illustrate

One should arrange Comprehensive Insurance (the Dealer will only obtain 3 Years 'TPL' as required by LTO),

When I bought my XT225 from Norkis, there was no Licence Plates. Just a Plate saying 'For Registration'

Then I was given TEMP Plate No. and a letter to show LTO if stopped.

I kept asking Norkis when were they getting the proper Licence Plates, but they did not seem to know.

Then I was told by LTO I now had proper Licence No. and had to go back to Norkis for the LTO issued Plates. They also said I had to LTO emission Test and renew Registration in September. I asked "What happened to the 3 Years Registration like I got on my Gar in 2005?". Its like they did not know what I was talking about

Bearing in mind I bought this New XT225 in December 2007 and what with Christmas and New Year, it might not get Registered until January 2008.

Turns out the Registration No. was [ 6669 GG ] which is September (2007)!

I went back to Norkis and they said they did not have them, and did not seem to know the reason why the LTO did not issue 3 Years Registration.

I got a Perspex Motorcycle Registration Plate [ 6669 GG ] in SM.

I had changed Registration from Mandaue to Talisay, but they seems very STRICT!

For example after having renewed the Registration in 2008, 2009 and 2010, LTO Talisay they asked why the color is GREEN on the Registration. I said because the Frame is Green (in the UK it is the FRAME No that is registered against the Owner, so one can change engines with simple re-registration.

Well the LTO Talisay BOSS Man, said my XT225 had white mudguards, side panels and tank with (green graphics). He said I had to get it changed to green plastic items or paint it!

I went back to Norkis and they got it sorted, and the Registration now says Green/White, and finally handed over the LTO plates (never did get 3 years Registration!)

See these:-Text the following to 2600 'LTO VEHICLE 6669GG'

Plate no: 6669gg/ Make: yamaha/ Model: xt225/ Year: 2007/ Color: green/white/
Registered last 10/07/2011,has no LTO apprehension, has no LTO alarm.

I posted about that 3 Year Registration for Motorcycles over 200occ, hoping anyone buying such would raise it with the DEALER they were buying from, and INSIST it came with 3 Years LTO Registration.

Clearly you cant rely on DEALER / LTO doing this automatically according to the RULES!

Often some of the Registration Details, such as Displacement is wrong, as well as Weight.

They had the FUEL wrong on my Matrix 1.5 CRDi VGT and I got Hyundai to put that right, at their expense (they should know I bought a Diesel, and made sure it registered correctly)!

I am wondering if they submit vehicles for Registration, then assign the Plates to another SALE and change the Registration details, but forget to double check all the details (or is it some Date Entry Clerk in LTO that screws up?

Read this also -

You just send an SMS to 2600 with the following keywords:

LTO VEHICLE ABC123

where ABC123 is the plate number.

You will then get a response detailing the car’s brand, make, year, color, and date of last registration. Now this won’t necessarily tell you whether the registration is still current or expired, but based on the plate’s endings, you can at least estimate if it is valid for the current year.

You can also check license details by texting this to 2600:

LTO LICENSE XXXXXXXXXX

where XXXXXXXXX is the license number. This can be pretty useful when checking for the driver’s identity and validity of the license.

To get motor vehicle transactions and keywords, send “LTO MV” to 2600.

For other permit and transactions, send “LTO DL” to 2600.

Each message costs PhP 2.50.

Posted Image

Find us on Facebook too!

Thanked by 1 Member:
johnboy999

2 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea