• Elite Member
  • 221 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • 12 topics
  • Local time: 04:07 PM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

I'm kinda lost as what to do. I'm at Days Inn for the next 5 days and looked online for rentals. Unfurnished seems the best for the budget.

So where can I get some good deals on things. Airconditioner, Refrigerator, Pillowtop Mattress, Furniture, Household stuff.

What has good warranties with some decent prices?

#2 Brucewayne

Brucewayne
  • Elite Member
  • 4,233 posts
  • 548 thanks
  • 62 topics
  • My Blood Type:A+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'm kinda lost as what to do. I'm at Days Inn for the next 5 days and looked online for rentals. Unfurnished seems the best for the budget.

So where can I get some good deals on things. Airconditioner, Refrigerator, Pillowtop Mattress, Furniture, Household stuff.

What has good warranties with some decent prices?

Look in cebuclassifieds and what you can't find, make a list and ask anyone in the area for what they call a "Surplus" store if you want used items.

#3 Wombat No More

Wombat No More
  • Banned
  • 3,687 posts
  • 1778 thanks
  • 333 topics
  • My Blood Type:O-

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

Asia Home Appliances. Opon Market. Take a taxi/tricycle.jeepney from or near where you are and go left at the main drag, continuing for about 3 to 4k's I guess. The transport will need to turn right before you get there and go around the back of the whole shootin match. When the vehicle is allowed a left turn, you'll travel a short distance (passing the Firestation on the right) to the main carriageway again where you'll turn left and go back towards the way you came. It's about 150 metres after that left turn, on your right. Ask for a discount, you will always get one, from my experience and they often have specials where goods are substantially reduced.

Or catch a taxi to Gaisano Grand Mall (Mactan) and another branch is on the 2nd floor

#4 Wombat No More

Wombat No More
  • Banned
  • 3,687 posts
  • 1778 thanks
  • 333 topics
  • My Blood Type:O-

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

Look in cebuclassifieds and what you can't find, make a list and ask anyone in the area for what they call a "Surplus" store if you want used items.

Sorry to put any damper at all on your info mate, but it's been my experience that this is a very bad country to buy 2nd hand goods. They ask ridiculous and high prices and the goods are often well used. (appliances especially). I'm someone, that when living in Oz all my life, I usually went to 'Op Shops' (charity based shops selling used) and bought a lot of stuff from them coz good quality is often available. I gave up here and personally found it is better value and safer to simply buy new. Only my opinion of course.

Thanked by 1 Member:
smokey

#5 Brucewayne

Brucewayne
  • Elite Member
  • 4,233 posts
  • 548 thanks
  • 62 topics

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

I have a friend who has an LG air conditioner for only P7,000 and it is 2 years old.
He rarely used it because he hates dry sinuses and that is the reason he is selling it as well.
It looks new and the last time I saw him use it, it did a great job of cooling.

#6 Brucewayne

Brucewayne
  • Elite Member
  • 4,233 posts
  • 548 thanks
  • 62 topics

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

Sorry to put any damper at all on your info mate, but it's been my experience that this is a very bad country to buy 2nd hand goods. They ask ridiculous and high prices and the goods are often well used. (appliances especially). I'm someone, that when living in Oz all my life, I usually went to 'Op Shops' (charity based shops selling used) and bought a lot of stuff from them coz good quality is often available. I gave up here and personally found it is better value and safer to simply buy new. Only my opinion of course.

True, I guess the only way to buy used is if you know the seller personally.
I have not bought used items here and probably am not a good gauge, I just presumed, which is the wrong way to go.

Edited by Brucewayne, 25 June 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#7 Experienced

Experienced
  • Sponsor
  • 779 posts
  • 239 thanks
  • 17 topics
  • Local time: 12:07 AM
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

Barack's Trading (BT Surplus) in front of the Waterfront Hotel (in Lahug) on Archbishop Reyes Ave. has a pretty good selection of secondhand Japanese stuff. We bought a lot there. Very cool place.

http://barrackstrading.multiply.com/

If you're still looking in August I may have a bunch of stuff to unload myself.

Thanked by 1 Member:
Motörhead

#8 buzbyu

buzbyu
  • Elite Member
  • 221 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • 12 topics

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

Barack's Trading (BT Surplus) in front of the Waterfront Hotel (in Lahug) on Archbishop Reyes Ave. has a pretty good selection of secondhand Japanese stuff. We bought a lot there. Very cool place.

http://barrackstrading.multiply.com/

If you're still looking in August I may have a bunch of stuff to unload myself.

I just moved into a place and got mostly everything new. some used 2nd hand things from foreigners. some from filipinos.

#9 Paul

Paul
  • +Founder
  • 25,106 posts
  • 6157 thanks
  • 3,715 topics
  • Local time: 03:07 PM
  • My Blood Type:AB+
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:07 AM

Where did you move to, if you don't mind me asking?
peukerts_law_1.png

#10 buzbyu

buzbyu
  • Elite Member
  • 221 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • 12 topics

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:42 AM

Village Park Executive Apartments in Guadalupe on Guadalajara.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Your Company Name