12 replies to this topic

#1 jusjoseph

jusjoseph
  • Elite Member
  • 347 posts
  • 54 thanks
  • 22 topics
  • Local time: 02:23 AM
  • Location:Sucking diesel fumes in Cebu City, living la vida loca.
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

http://www.lto.gov.ph/ don't worry, page is down. I doubt it was ever operational. My PI DL, expires in 2 weeks, went to SM yesterday at 2 pm, went through HLO drug, medical and received my paperwork after approximately 1 hour. Next door, the LTO, (Land Transportation Office), put up a sign, saying "OFFLINE". Further investigation shows the 50 or so Phillipinos waiting out front are backlogged according to the ONE LTO officer sitting out front.

It appears the ENTIRE LTO site is offline and they are NOT able to renew or issue any DL in the phillipines. That is exactly what I was told, by a LTO officer. I was given a telephone number which I called 24 hours later and heard, "that number is not activated at this time".

I was told to try next week and maybe it will be functional.

LTO MISSION

We are committed to work towards the rationalization of land transport services and facilities and implement effectively the various transportation laws, rules and regulations. In partnership with other government agencies, the business sector, civil society and other stakeholders, we are determined to:

•Put order on the road;
•License quality drivers; and
•Register roadworthy and emission-compliant vehicles.

I think they subscribe to the Charlie Sheen philosophy. Winning. Because 0/3 is a pretty poor average.

So all you boys and girls that want to invest $$$$$ in an environment completely different than where you live. I can only say P.T. Barnum and good luck.

I was unable to find ONE Philippines news source reporting this information.

Edited by jusjoseph, 14 June 2012 - 10:13 PM.

#2 Alfred E. Neuman

Alfred E. Neuman

What me worry?

• Elite Member
  • 1,532 posts
  • 351 thanks
  • 47 topics
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

The LTO nationwide will not be giving out new license cards since their supplier changed some security design without their knowledge.

#3 stevehann

stevehann
  • Elite Member
  • 393 posts
  • 48 thanks
  • 28 topics
  • Local time: 07:23 AM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

Same story today, June 14, 2012. With system broken, the best we could do was urine and health check. It seems the advice was to come back on Monday and see if they were operational then. Our's are expired, so we are in no rush.

#4 MarinePride

MarinePride
  • Elite Member
  • 570 posts
  • 182 thanks
  • 12 topics

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

I tried to renew my DL at SM also back in April. They had no record of me in their system, of course I'm legit and all of that, but they still didn't have a record of me. So after waiting around for over 3 hours to hear that, they lady in charge told me to go back to the LTO in Lapu Lapu City and ask them why I wasn't in the system and get it taken care of there. When I went to LLC LTO, my wife explained the deal and there was no real answer to this. So I wasted another few hours there, being properly dressed in the heat, getting everything up to date.

The bottom line is that this country has a long, long way to go, in almost everything. The DMV in California or Virginia never looked so appealing, in retrospect.

FWIW, my wife, experienced the same problem in May, when she renewed her DL. No record of her either, in the LTO system at SM. My seems to think that the LTO in LLC is holding back on integrating the records into the system, just to justify their existence into the future. Stranger things happen here, so it's plausible.

#5 easy44

easy44

Janitor

• +Global Mod
  • 3,796 posts
  • 1099 thanks
  • 70 topics
  • My Blood Type:A+

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

Last time I renewed, 3 years ago, it took me 2 days of waiting at LTO SM to finally get my new license. Same story, they were having computer problems. Apparently they are still having the same problems 3 years later. This is just pathetic. The process should take an hour at most. Maybe if they were a little more critical of the companies that subcontract their computer maintenance this problem would go away. Didn't they get a new system not too long ago?

#6 stevehann

stevehann
  • Elite Member
  • 393 posts
  • 48 thanks
  • 28 topics
  • Local time: 07:23 AM
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

Anyone been to SM LTO lately to try and renew their license? Specifically, are they back on-line?

I call every couple days and the phone is always busy.

#7 Headshot

Headshot

My Wife's Teddy Bear

• +Global Mod
  • 12,446 posts
  • 4973 thanks
  • 310 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

There is almost always a long line there when I go to the gym (Slimmers World), so I assume they are operational. Otherwise, the line would die down pretty quickly.

If you don't know da rules, please read them.

If you do know da rules, please follow them.

#8 State Trooper

State Trooper
  • Elite Member
  • 274 posts
  • 100 thanks
  • 49 topics
  • My Blood Type:O+

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

Have you tried renewing at the LTO office in Cebu next to the bus terminal? I renewed there last December and it was smooth and efficient by PHL standards. Took about 90 minutes including the health and drug tests. Ive seent he lines at SM and not seen that at the south station. Maybe I was just lucky that day?

#9 Mattfromnz

Mattfromnz
  • Elite Member
  • 414 posts
  • 60 thanks
  • 13 topics
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

I went to SM a couple of weeks ago to renew my lisence and looked at the line and thought "Bugger it!".

I was told by a friend to go to Talisay as it was much quicker. Yes I spent 400 pesos in taxis there and back, but it took literally less than one hour from start to finish including drug test and medical and getting my printed card.

The extra 200 in taxis was well worth it! The operation there was the most logical and well organized I have ever seen in the Philippines. They were helpful and it restored my faith that things can be done with order in the Philippines.

Thanked by 1 Member:
HeyMike

#10 Brucewayne

Brucewayne
  • Elite Member
  • 4,266 posts
  • 556 thanks
  • 62 topics
  • My Blood Type:A+

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

Last time I renewed, 3 years ago, it took me 2 days of waiting at LTO SM to finally get my new license. Same story, they were having computer problems. Apparently they are still having the same problems 3 years later. This is just pathetic. The process should take an hour at most. Maybe if they were a little more critical of the companies that subcontract their computer maintenance this problem would go away. Didn't they get a new system not too long ago?

I always go to Danao.
It's a little further out, but it makes for a nice family outing and I am only in there about 15 minutes or so.

Thanked by 1 Member:
SkyMan

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Your Company Name