• Elite Member
  • 309 posts
  • 58 thanks
  • 40 topics
  • Local time: 09:22 PM
  • My Blood Type:B+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

Got some good news today, I am eligible to retire. Putting in my papers on Monday, with a retirement date of August 31. Should be back in the Philippines early October. YEAH I cann't wait to get back.

When I was there in April and May I was so happy, no stress or dealing with the idiots. I've been miserable since i got back to work. 84 days to retirement :highfive: :party0023:
  • dHb, lazydays, tomaw and 1 other like this

#2 Paul

Paul

The Big Fella

• +Founder
  • 32,785 posts
  • 7268 thanks
  • 3,935 topics
  • Local time: 08:22 PM
  • My Blood Type:AB+
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

Congrats! You're almost there!

#3 broden

broden

Fuhgeddaboudit

• +Forum Admin
  • 29,204 posts
  • 6836 thanks
  • 4,275 topics
  • Local time: 08:22 AM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

Got some good news today, I am eligible to retire. Putting in my papers on Monday, with a retirement date of August 31. Should be back in the Philippines early October. YEAH I cann't wait to get back.

When I was there in April and May I was so happy, no stress or dealing with the idiots. I've been miserable since i got back to work. 84 days to retirement :highfive: :party0023:

welcome to the club

With a cheery smile and a wave of his hand he wandered off to an unknown land.

Not all those who wander are lost.

#4 Beserker101

Beserker101

Pablo Crooz

• Elite Member
  • 3,647 posts
  • 789 thanks
  • 169 topics

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

bring copious amount of Jimmy Dean breakfast sausages, serious shortage here in Cebu :(

#5 BossHog

BossHog

Excitable Boy

• Elite Member
  • 4,086 posts
  • 1264 thanks
  • 211 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

Good for you Ray!

Looking forward to having a beer on the island.

See you there.

He is perched out on the edge of one of this worlds most malevolent maelstroms.

#6 smokey

smokey
  • Elite Member
  • 23,895 posts
  • 3978 thanks
  • 896 topics
  • Local time: 06:22 AM
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

so in 84 days you will be getting ready to enter the Twilight Zone

#7 JSL1934

JSL1934

MSTNG03

• Elite Member
  • 385 posts
  • 113 thanks
  • 22 topics
  • Local time: 03:52 AM

Posted 09 June 2012 - 1:46 PM

Hang in there.

#8 broden

broden

Fuhgeddaboudit

• +Forum Admin
  • 29,204 posts
  • 6836 thanks
  • 4,275 topics
  • Local time: 08:22 AM

Posted 09 June 2012 - 7:39 PM

so can you cut that 84 days down any?
sick time personal time vacation time
or just plain old anal glaucoma time?

#9 Headshot

Headshot

My Wife's Teddy Bear

• +Global Mod
  • 15,276 posts
  • 5412 thanks
  • 336 topics

Posted 09 June 2012 - 8:51 PM

Should be back in the Philippines early October. YEAH I cann't wait to get back. no stress or dealing with the idiots.

Probably the number one reason why guys end up leaving the Philippines is that they came here with unrealistic expectations of what their life would be like living here. There is no place in the world where you can move and get rid of all stress and never have to deal with idiots again. It just isn't possible. The Philippines has just as large a percentage of idiots as you will find in almost any state in the US.

OK...maybe not quite as many as North Carolina, but close. :biggrin_01:

Living here is NOT the same as visiting here. When you are visiting...whether it is for two weeks or four months, you are basically on vacation. When you actually live here, the things that you were usually able to avoid when you were on vacation will happen to you time after time. So...basically...if you are going to come here and make it long-term...you need to have an attitude that you can adapt rather than just avoid.

You also have to be able to accept the way things are rather that always feeling like the deck is stacked against you. It is...but there is nothing you can do about it except to adjust your habits, activities and attitude to live within this world the way it is rather than trying to change it or fight it. If you can't do that, I guarantee that you won't last here. This IS a third-world country...with all of the dire poverty and minor irritations that go along with ALL third-world countries. If things were perfect here, we couldn't afford to live here.

There are a thousand little things that you will see everyday that you can take either as a problem or a challenge. If you see everything as a problem, then the Philippines will wear you down until you just can't stand to live here anymore. If you take things as challenges as to how you can adjust to the situation, then you can be happy in your life here. They say it's more fun in the Philippines. Well...it is...IF you can have the attitude that life here is a series of little games. As soon as you take this place (and its problems) seriously, you might as well pack your bags and head for home...because it WILL get to you.

Even with all of that, though, I hope you have a great retirement here in the Philippines.

Edited by Headshot, 09 June 2012 - 9:11 PM .

• lazydays, CardiacKid, Rocketman and 3 others like this

If you don't know da rules, please read them.

If you do know da rules, please follow them.

Thanked by 3 Members:
softail , smokey , Tigerbeer

#10 PapaRay

PapaRay
  • Elite Member
  • 309 posts
  • 58 thanks
  • 40 topics
  • My Blood Type:B+

Posted 10 June 2012 - 2:49 AM

Hey headshot, thanks for your information, but I know what I'm getting into. I know that things will be different and not perfect. But I will be with my (step kids) and grandchildren of which there is now 7. Six to one and one to the other. Told Chris the one with 6, GET IT CUT. Last grandchild was born the day I left the Philippines so I didn't get to see her, and the wife knows nothing about computers, so I'll see the pics when she gets back.
  • Headshot and tomaw like this

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea