• 605 posts
  • 29 thanks
  • 24 topics
  • Local time: 09:02 PM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 02 June 2012 - 3:42 AM

J n J, is that you?

J n J doesn't bring professional, educated, friendly and cute filipinas to Wombat's. He's too busy loving himself. Nor does he have the money.

I think you all assume (that doesn't surprise me here) that I'm J n J is pretty funny.

I have an old account but many many years ago. Forgot it now it was from 2008 1st time I came here.

And seriously whoever does this ...keep it up cause keyboard ego boosts really mean something when you turn this 2 lbs thing off and walk into reality.

The Double Standard Monkey thinks I'm a fish he can eat. I might be poisonous while you sink into me.

#42 tomaw

tomaw
  • Sponsor
  • 2,483 posts
  • 158 thanks
  • 62 topics
  • Local time: 05:02 AM
  • My Blood Type:Don't know
  • Philippines:Visited 1 to 5 trips

Posted 02 June 2012 - 6:33 AM

i thought this thread was about the wombat cafe and not about what udonthani thinks or how he thinks phil should run his business.

i have eaten there twice and the food and service was very good i plan on going back as soon as i get back in country again .the locating is a bit of a puzzle to find but like any thing else over there once u find it its easy but hard to give directions to .

.......... How long does it take you to get there from Compostela? We're thinking of living there. Also if you got the address can you find it with a gps?

#43 udonthani

udonthani
  • Banned
  • 4,097 posts
  • 1546 thanks
  • 403 topics
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 02 June 2012 - 6:45 AM

ultimately Lapu Lapu city is a bit of a dump, and nobody in their right mind would want to stay there too long. I've seen the menu, the prop. has made an effort, but he should rely on local trade, not kanos, insist on good standard of cooking and presentation. Just sell the food mate. Good luck.

#44 shadow

shadow

Play that funky music

• Elite Member
  • 4,660 posts
  • 1816 thanks
  • 187 topics
  • Local time: 01:02 AM
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 02 June 2012 - 7:14 AM

In answer to, who was it, shadow? The P400 you might spend extra for a taxi to Mactan & back will come back to you easily in the saved money from the cheaper prices.

Seldom do we spend more than P600 for a meal with a couple beers/soft drink for two in Cebu, so unless you can give us a good meal for P200, it will cost us more. We will be there anyway one day, but as I said, it will be for a special occasion.

Larry in Dumaguete

Larry in Dumaguete

Pinay Visa

#45 towboat72

towboat72
  • Elite Member
  • 826 posts
  • 194 thanks
  • 11 topics
  • My Blood Type:AB+
  • Philippines:Visited 6 to 9 trips

Posted 02 June 2012 - 8:24 AM

.......... How long does it take you to get there from Compostela? We're thinking of living there. Also if you got the address can you find it with a gps?

depending on traffic it may take me 45 min to an hour to get there
the gps question i cant answer but its a bitch the first time but after that its easy ,just ask anyone for alegre guitours and he is close to that
  • tomaw likes this

#46 livinglife007

livinglife007
  • Elite Member
  • 278 posts
  • 33 thanks
  • 3 topics
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 02 June 2012 - 8:26 AM

I must say my wife and I had a wonderful time visiting Phil and his lovely wife. We had the pizza and steak sandwich and will be back again. Worth the drive to Wombats. Cheers
  • Wombat No More likes this

#47 easy44

easy44

Janitor

• +Global Mod
  • 4,803 posts
  • 1272 thanks
  • 80 topics
  • My Blood Type:A+

Posted 02 June 2012 - 8:39 AM

1 Mathu RSE Dom Pe

surely refers to a Dom Perignon rose in a Methuselah sized bottle, i.e. 8 bottles of wine in one.

Does that mean it's a better value?

#48 easy44

easy44

Janitor

• +Global Mod
  • 4,803 posts
  • 1272 thanks
  • 80 topics
  • My Blood Type:A+

Posted 02 June 2012 - 8:50 AM

I visited Wombat's once and thoroughly enjoyed the food and the ambiance. As a former resident of Cebu City and now Liloan, however, I would not attempt to go there during peak traffic hours. It was a great bike ride on a Sunday afternoon for a leisurely lunch and a chat with Phil though.

#49 Stranded Shipscook

Stranded Shipscook

Cybertroll's Nightmare :-)

• Elite Member
  • 4,679 posts
  • 3486 thanks
  • 376 topics
  • My Blood Type:AB+

Posted 02 June 2012 - 9:03 AM

I don't think its too far "outback". I always had my troubles to find anything in Mactan anyhow, but Wombats is just a straight through.
I got there with Davoeno at night. here is how i orientated ( not for everyone)

Cross Old bridge- then go straight until ( i have my own reference point, which mean nothing to anyone else) turn left and then go straight till i see the "Barn". Easypeasy. 1 left turn only actually.

But everyone shouldmake the effort to at least visit there, one hardly will see a place with so many years of work and love being put into it. That alone is worth it.
When i visited Wombat last year i actually told him to simply open at that stage already. But he pushed trough with his "long term plan".

Another reason to visit is because he also sits there in charge at all times,as well as his wife. How many owners do that? Not many. ( Well, some also maybe should better stay out of their business a bit :beer2: , hehe )

And last but not least its nice to meet some forum people. To be honest, Wombat was the first i ever visited, but then i also have a Restaurant myself and am at the receiving end of visits.

So go there and have a look. Meet a decent expat and see a small success story in the progress.

( At Wombat-don't mind any loss in April,thats normal during the "Summer", i can't remember making any profit since 14 years during this lousy month. Except one has a beach loaction. May is the same, although varies. Biz slowly picks up in June, July and then starts to boom with September until February. Focus on Christmas and try to get also as many Company or other Partys as possible too. )

Edited by Guenther Vomberg, 02 June 2012 - 9:04 AM .

• Wombat No More likes this

#50 Faluango

Faluango
  • Banned
  • 760 posts
  • 80 thanks
  • 53 topics
  • Local time: 10:02 PM
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 02 June 2012 - 9:27 AM

How much did they tip?