• 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 0 topics
  • Local time: 12:08 AM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

Hi Guys,
I'm interesred also the Solar Panel, please tell us where we can buy one? Thanks.

#2 Stranded Shipscook

Stranded Shipscook

Cybertroll's Nightmare :-)

• Elite Member
  • 4,679 posts
  • 3486 thanks
  • 376 topics
  • My Blood Type:AB+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

Currently Solar Panels are stilloverpriced and the companies selling them buy them mostly direct in China and adda huge margine..

Tip- Google the web for ""China solar panels direct from factory" and you get a clue.

I plan to buy some when i am in China the next time ( Samples,lol) and them ship them as Aircargoback to myself. Some Factories do that service also.

There isn't much "high tech" one can mess up in the panels themselves, most defects are in the frames or early corrosion, but with the right choice one can be happy too.
---
Oh, and of course, for expats still living in their home countries or visiting regular,one can buy cheap panels there too. One year old models or even used ones are widely available.

Worth asking around at suppliers/manufacturers because : (Example)
There area lot of "warranty" panels in Germany available, actually they nevre were defect, the supplier simply sends new ones when defects are reported,only to find out, that the panel was ok, but the wiring was flawed or other defects. But since the panel has a scratch from prior mounting,he sells it very cheap.
  • Bonjon likes this

#3 towboat72

towboat72
  • Elite Member
  • 853 posts
  • 199 thanks
  • 11 topics
  • Philippines:Visited 6 to 9 trips

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

go on line try cebu solar. he is a friend of mine and is doing solar work over there.

hope its ok me posting this. hope that works
  • tomaw likes this

#4 David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay
  • Elite Member
  • 5,074 posts
  • 1285 thanks
  • 496 topics
  • My Blood Type:O+

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:48 AM

I have been looking at BIPV (Building Integrated Photo Voltaics) products from China.

These actually form the Roof and /or Windows so not only looks better, it is more cost effective when building from new, as you are not bolting panels onto and existing roof.

Instead of a Carport Roof, create from click together BIPV tiles that screw onto a Grid Frame and form a wind and rain proof roof that generates DC Power.

Same with Patio/Terrace Awnings and Awnings over Windows. Create Shade, that keeps the Rain off, and generates Power.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

BIPV 'TILE' US $1.25-1.55 / Watt

Posted Image

US $

-

/ Watt

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can imagine, it costs more than a sheet of glass in a window, that you can apply tinting film to.
They both allow one to look through the window, whilst reducing the amount of heat, UV and light entering the room.
The transparent BIPV glass panel, generates electricity as the sun shines on the window however.

Design such BIPV Windows into the South facing elevation of a new House, and it will recover its cost quicker than installing conventional windows and the additional cost of fitting solar PV Panels on the roof.

Use BIPV Tiles for the Roof as part of the construction, rather than construct using concrete or clay tiled roof, or galvanised sheeting, than fitting Solar panels onto that roof, adding more costs, and weight!

The costs are coming down and the efficiencies increasing through multi layer that respond to differnt parts of the light spectrum.

These are Photo Voltaic inks that are transparent.

Can be printed onto plastic sheets in a continuous roll, that has self adhesive backing so it cab be stuck all the way down a 'raised ridge' / 'standing seam. roofing sheet'.

Posted Image
see

Dear Mr. David Whittall,
Good day!

We are professional manufacturer of 5W-300W MONO and POLY solar panels in China.

1... Price : Euro 0.52/Wp (Euro 119.6/Pcs) FOB SHANGHAI for POLY 230W solar panels.
(price valid within 10 days) = US$154.16 = $0.64/Watt

If you need price for other items, just let me know your detailed requirements and purchase quantity.

2... MOQ: 10 Pcs, sample order available.

3... Delivery time: within 10 days since received the deposit payment.

4... Certificate: TUV, IEC, CE.
5... Warranty: 5 years on workmanship, 25 years of 80% output power guarantee.

If any other question, feel free to contact me.

THX & B RGS!
Ms. Nicole

ZHEJIANG SUN ENERGY CO. LTD (CHINA)
www.sunelcn.com
nicole@sunelcn.com
Mob:+86 150 5866 0399
Fax:+86 579 8721 6053

SNM-P240 240Wp

SNM-P240 240Wp
240-280watt photovoltaic module
Learn More240w-280w.pdf

240-280watt photovoltaic module POLY -CRY STALLINE SOLAR PANEL 
EFFICIENCY
 Low voltage-temperature coefficient allows higher power output at high-temperature condition  High efficient, high reliable solar cells ensure our product output stability
MATERIALS
 Advanced EVA encapsulation system with triple-layer back sheet meets the most stringent safety requirements for high-voltage operation
 The sturdy, anodized aluminum frame allows the modules to be mounted on a variety of standard racking systems and to withstand harshest conditions
 Ultra reliable bypass diodes prevent damage through overheating due to shaded or defective cells
 Innovative, environmentally friendly packing method using pile-edges ensures modules arrive in perfect condition
 New frame design incorporating hexagonal shaped drainage holes, with more grounding holes, provide flexible installation and use Posted Image
BENEFITS
 Manufactured in an ISO 9001:2000 certified plan
 High efficiency, high safety, high reliability
 Output power tolerance of +/-3% 25-year limited warranty on power output, 5-yea limited warranty on materials and workmanship
NOTE
 This publication summarizes product warranty and specifications,whichare subject to change without notice. Additional information may be found on our web site:www.sunelcn.com
SPECIFICATIONS  Model type SNM-P280 SNM-P275 SNM-P270 SNM-P265 SNM-P260 SNM-P255 SNM-P250 SNM-P245 SNM-P240  Peak power(Pmax) 280W 275W 270W 265W 260W 255W 250W 245W 240W  Cell type PolyCrystalline Silicon, 156mm x 156mm  Number of
cells
72 cells in series  Weight 23.0 kg (50.7 lbs)  Dimensions 1956×992×50 mm (77×39.1×1.97 inch)  Maximum power
voltage (Vmp)
36.72V 36.72V 36.40V 36.40V 36.00V 35.20V 35.20V 34.95V 34.95V  Maximum power
current (Imp)
7.63A 7.49A 7.42A 7.28A 7.23A 7.23A 7.12A 7.01A 6.88A  Open circuit
voltage (Voc)
43.78V 43.78V 43.63V 43.63V 43.49V 43.88V 43.88V 43.85V 43.85V  Short circuit
current (Isc)
7.98A 7.96A 7.90A 7.90A 7.79A 7.85A 7.81A 7.70A 7.63A  Maximum system
voltage
DC 1000V  Temp. Coeff.
of Isc (TK Isc)
0.065 %/℃  Temp. Coeff.
of Voc (TK Voc)
-0.346 %/℃ Temp. Coeff.of
Pmax (TK Pmax)
-0.488 %/C℃ Normal Operating
Cell Temperature
45.3±2℃ Note: the specifications are obtained under the Standard Test Conditions (STCs): 1000 W/m2 solar irradiance, 1.5 Air Mass, and cell temperature of 25 ℃ PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS Unit:mm(inch) Posted Image

Minimum Order is 10 off, so 10 x 240W = 2400W = 2.4kW

1 off US$154.16 = $0/64/Watt
10 off $1,541.60

This is very good price!

Think I will get a Quote on their 2000W Inverter and Controller to charge Batteries.

How Uni-Solar Thin Film PV laminates work:

Uni-Solar PV Laminates were designed to work with 16" Standing Seam metal roof panels. The excellent Butyl adhesive ensures

that solar panels stays attached to the metal roof, generating free solar electricity.

UniSolar PV laminates come in 144 watt PV modules (18 feet long by 16 inches wide laminates) and 78 watt modules (9 feet

long panel). All connections take place at the roof ridge and mom-pop connectors are hidden under the ridge cap.

UniSolar thin-film solar PV panels require twice as much area as conventional PV panels, but on a large roof where space is not a concern, offer the best solar price per watt.

Consider signing up to this Forum :-

Solar Panels Philippines

Board for home and industrial use solar panels in the Philippines. This is where we "DISCUSS EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN"

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay, 19 May 2012 - 10:49 AM .

• graeme82 and ed villas like this

Thanked by 3 Members:
graeme82 , Guenther Vomberg , Aaron

#5 tomaw

tomaw
  • Sponsor
  • 2,514 posts
  • 160 thanks
  • 62 topics
  • Local time: 08:08 AM
  • My Blood Type:Don't know
  • Philippines:Visited 1 to 5 trips

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

go on line try cebu solar. he is a friend of mine and is doing solar work over there.

hope its ok me posting this. hope that works

..........Thanks. I see you live in Compostela. We are considering getting a lot and building a house there. Crown Heights subdivision is one place we've considered. Did your friend instal at your house in Compostela ok?

#6 tomaw

tomaw
  • Sponsor
  • 2,514 posts
  • 160 thanks
  • 62 topics

Posted 20 May 2012 - 5:32 AM

Thanks David. These panels look interesting but are they available in Cebu and is skilled labor available in or near Cebu to install and service them?

Edited by tomaw, 20 May 2012 - 6:31 AM .

#7 tomaw

tomaw
  • Sponsor
  • 2,514 posts
  • 160 thanks
  • 62 topics

Posted 20 May 2012 - 6:45 AM

A lot of electricity use will be at night. What do any of these companies offer in batteries that can run tv, ac, kitchen appliances etc. at night?

#8 towboat72

towboat72
  • Elite Member
  • 853 posts
  • 199 thanks
  • 11 topics
  • Philippines:Visited 6 to 9 trips

Posted 20 May 2012 - 1:09 PM

..........Thanks. I see you live in Compostela. We are considering getting a lot and building a house there. Crown Heights subdivision is one place we've considered. Did your friend instal at your house in Compostela ok?

we bought 700 sq meters up past the cematery and built a small 2 bedroom house there.if i can get some more money together im going to put a second house --2 story-- on the property and instal solar then .
ido have a small solar attic fan on the small house now

#9 RogerDat

RogerDat

Limp Member

• Elite Member
  • 1,111 posts
  • 265 thanks
  • 117 topics
  • My Blood Type:A+

Posted 21 May 2012 - 7:05 AM

Greetings! here is an installer on Mactan.
494-4013

#10 David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay
  • Elite Member
  • 5,074 posts
  • 1285 thanks
  • 496 topics
  • My Blood Type:O+

Posted 21 May 2012 - 8:38 AM

A lot of electricity use will be at night. What do any of these companies offer in batteries that can run tv, ac, kitchen appliances etc. at night?

I like Motolite Batteries

I use normal Motolite automotive Maintenance Free Batteries in my Hyundai Matrix 1.5 CRdi VGT (NS50)
Posted Image

Description

Long-lasting power for high performance vehicles. Offers widest range of batteries for Japanese, Korean, American & European makes and model.

Application

• For heavy duty vehicle use
• Recommended for popular Japanese Korean, American & European vehicles

Product Feature

• Full 21-months warranty
Built for hot climates (Tropicalized)
• EGX Technology

I now have a Motolite MF5L-B on my XT225 Serrow after the Yuasa YTZ 7S OEM (GT6B3) failed (Dec 2007)
Posted Image Posted Image

Try buying a YUASA YTZ 7S (about $80 or Php3,500), compared to Motolite MF5L-B (Php350)

OK so the Motolite might not last as long as the YUASA, but whats the betting, some 10 x MF5L-B, will out last 1x YTZ 7S?

Motolite might not have a 2 year Warranty like some batteries, only 1 year, but look after them (putting on a 'Smart' Charger if not used for a week), and they will last more than 3 years.

The Hyundai 'Rocket' batteries from Taiwan (2 off), failed within 2-3 months of the 2 Year Warranty expiring!

They do a good job and if looked after, can last more than 3 years, yet not at all expensive

I presume you are referring to needing 'Deep-Cycle' Batteries, for PV charging of batteries to deliver power when the sun is down.

These are designed to run down in short period then get charged up again and the cycle repeated.

Motolite do Deep-Cycle Batteries:-

http://www.motolite.com/industrial.php

Golf Cart Batteries
• Motolite Golfmaster are deep-cycle batteries that are intended solely for golf-carts use which uses latest technology high performance plates enabling them to withstand frequent and deep charge and discharge cycles.
http://www.motolite.com/image.php?select=IMAGE&table=BATTERY&id=13
Forklift & Traction Batteries
• Motolite Traction Batteries are antimonial deep-cycle batteries of tubular plate design that ensure high output power to serve requirements of moving industrial equipments / vehicles that carry heavy loads like electric lift trucks or forklifts, ground support equipments, mining equipments, etc.

Consider signing up to this Forum :-

Solar Panels Philippines

Board for home and industrial use solar panels in the Philippines.
This is where we "DISCUSS EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN"

Motolite Battery for Cars,Trucks,Forklift,Generator,Golfcart,Solar

Batteries - Golf Cart

Posted Imageby livingincebu » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:28 am
Greetings:

I have decided to go with golf cart batteries, 220 amp hour, if possible, for my solar set up.

Being a foreigner, I have recently been quoted the "long nose" price for Motolite golf cart batteries. I learned from Motolite that they should retail no higher than Php 7,112, for each 6 vdc battery. However, the local supplier where I live, decided they wanted a significant amount over that. So, I am now seeking another source for these batteries.

Does anyone here have an idea where I may find them? If I can get a reasonable price on them, I will but up to four pieces right away, with more to be purchased as I increase the size of my alternate energy platform.

Thanks,

livingincebu 10 Watts

Re: Batteries - Golf Cart

Posted Imageby axis11 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:08 am
http://motolite.com/battery.php?id=4

Have you tried asking for a quotation online? I bought my solarmaster from them.Once we agreed on the price, they delivered to my door COD. Im not sure though how much they would charge for shipping to your location. You can at least give a try first.

axis11 200 Watts

Posted Imageby livingincebu » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:16 pm

axis11 wrote:http://motolite.com/battery.php?id=4

Have you tried asking for a quotation online? I bought my solarmaster from them.Once we agreed on the price, they delivered to my door COD. Im not sure though how much they would charge for shipping to your location. You can at least give a try first.

I communicated, originally, through the Motolite site. Afterward, I communicated by email, with a Mr. Arnold C. Sarmiento with Motolite.

I got the following quotes from him:

Golfmaster
GC2 Php 7,112
220AH at 6vdc

Solarmaster
SM40 Php 3,278
40AH at 12vdc

Solarmaster
SM70 Php 5,456
70AH at 12vdc

Solarmaster
SM100 Php 6,444
100AH at 12vdc

Solarmaster
SM120 Php 7,553
120AH at 12vdc

Solarmaster
SM200 Php 11,506
200AH at 12vdc

How negotiable were they with you, axis? I live in Carcar, Cebu, 40 kilometers south of Cebu City.
Last edited by livingincebu on Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

livingincebu 10 Watts

Posted Imageby axis11 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:03 pm
I would say they were good in communication. After my inquiry, they called me through the phone. The SM-200 solarmaster was sold to me for 10,000 php( that was during their promo period). Mine has to be delivered to Manila from their nearby branch, they delivered free of charge. I think Mr. Arnold sarmiento was also the one Im communicating with. The prices they sent to you should cover for the delivery/shipping (I think).

axis11 200 Watts

Posted Imageby livingincebu » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:25 pm
Thanks for the reply, axis. I will send him an email and see if they can deliver to me as well, here in Carcar. I am not sure yet, but I figure I will need two to four of the 220 AH batteries for my planned setup.

Thanks again, man. I really appreciate it.

livingincebu 10 Watts

Posted Imageby axis11 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:49 pm
No problem. I would suggest you size-up your batteries to your needs/ objectives. These batteries are expensive and you will have to replace them after a few years.

axis11 200 Watts

Posted Imageby livingincebu » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:59 pm
I agree. And more expensive here than in the US, where I am originally from.

Are you saying that you think a proper "solar" battery would be more suitable than a golf cart battery? My idea is they are probably pretty tough because they are designed to run in series in a golf cart all day. But, being new at this, I can only use what I am learning and from my experience in dealing with these batteries over the years.

livingincebu 10 Watts

Posted Imageby axis11 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:10 am
I believe in the saying " you get what you pay for". Solarmaster is cheaper than Golf cart batteries so I assume i would get less from them. I have also heard feedback from users of solarmasters complaining that their battery bank died just after the 12 month warranty expired.

What I mean to size-up the batteries, buy only your necessity. If you have available power from the grid, it is not wise to go off-grid 100 %. I estimated that the savings on electric bill would just cover for the battery replacements and there is very little chance to recover the investment in the panels and accessories.

Anywhere in the Philippines, power failure is common. So I designed my system primarily to solve this problem. I run on solar power when the sun is shining and switch to grid power at night. No draining of the batteries even if the bank is small. When power failure at night happens, then the batteries take over the load of the basic items I need. It only happens occasionally so the batteries dont get many deep cycles. If I have a lot of extra money, I would go off-grid 100% and cut the line from the grid making me totally independent.

axis11 200 Watts

Posted Imageby livingincebu » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:21 am
Well, when I first began this, I was thinking I wanted to go off grid 100% of the time - until I realized what it would cost to do so. Posted Image Posted Image

Now that I have awakened from my dream, and knowing that it would take a LOT of money to be off grid 100% of the time, I have decided to build my system more like yours - reality. I would be off grid primarily when grid power isn't available, and during daylight hours when the sun is shining brightly.

Either way, I want to start off with an array which will provide between 15 and 18 amperes. At 3.5 amperes per panel, that is still five panels. But, I will see what I can reasonably afford, after I firm up all my costs.

livingincebu 10 Watts

Posted Imageby axis11 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:37 am
Cost of panels in the US is relatively cheap now compared to local prices. What hinders most people from importing is the shipping cost and tax. Since you have friends and relatives abroad, you can have the items shipped to them free of charge and then they will send to you via air or sea cargo in a " Balik bayan box" Shipping cost are charged per box and not by weight. A standard 60cm X 60cm X 60cm box cost 60 USD by sea. Considerably cheap but it would take 30 to 45 days to reach you, no more taxes.

axis11 200 Watts

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea