Kreole
  • Sponsor
  • 296 posts
  • 50 thanks
  • 79 topics
  • Local time: 06:32 PM
  • My Blood Type:A+

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

I am considering buying a new motorbike since I plan to spend a lot of time on Siquijor island. I am considering the Honda XRM because I have been renting one for my several trips here, and find it a very capable bike for 2 people. The cash price here on Siquijor for the Honda XRM is 63,500 pesos. It is a transportation-only bike. I know that Kawasaki and Suzuki are good names, but have no experience with them. I haven't compared the others yet, but any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks

#2 Martwain

Martwain
  • Elite Member
  • 193 posts
  • 43 thanks
  • 11 topics
  • Local time: 10:32 AM
  • My Blood Type:B+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

I am considering buying a new motorbike since I plan to spend a lot of time on Siquijor island. I am considering the Honda XRM because I have been renting one for my several trips here, and find it a very capable bike for 2 people. The cash price here on Siquijor for the Honda XRM is 63,500 pesos. It is a transportation-only bike. I know that Kawasaki and Suzuki are good names, but have no experience with them. I haven't compared the others yet, but any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks

I just bought a XRM 125 RS and put it through it's paces today by going on a day trip from Cebu City to Balamban and back traveling on the Cebu Transcentral Highway and I must say that I was impressed with it. With two people on it it did OK for a 125. The highway gets steeper the further west you travel and there were only a few times that I had to drop it down to 1st gear. Not bad considering there were two people on it. I have several bikes and I don't intend to ride this one in the mountains anymore but I just wanted to see what it could do. For city travel it's great because it has the extra power compared to a Wave 100 or similar. I have a Yamaha YBR that is great in the mountains and I like riding it in the province because it's a five speed.

Edited by Martwain, 30 April 2012 - 08:45 PM.

#3 David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay
  • Elite Member
  • 4,930 posts
  • 1254 thanks
  • 480 topics
  • My Blood Type:O+

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:49 AM

XRM 125 Dual Sport

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
SRP PHP 61,400.00
(Freight and insurance charges not included)

SPECIFICATIONS

Engine Type: ...................4 Stroke

Displacement: .................124.8 cm3
Bore x Stroke: ..................52.4 x 57.9 mm
Compression Ratio: ..........9.3:1 . 1.2 MPa

Maximum Horse Power:.. 6.9 (9.4) @ 7,500 rpm
Maximum Torque:............10.4 @ 5,000 rpm
Starter System: ................self/kick
Gear System: ...................Rotary Gear Shift Pattern
Dimension: (LxWxH) .........1896mm x 800mm x 1067mm
Wheel Base:.................... 1265mm
Dry Weight: ......................98.3kg
Front Brake System: .........Hydraulic disc

Rear Brake System: ..........Mechanical leading trailing
Tire Size: ..........................fr: 2.5-17 38L / rr: 2.50-17 38L

Battery: ...........................Maintenance Free
Fuel Capacity: ..................3.8 Liters

(price typically Php60K)
EMCOR Price: P71,267

Here are my own personal views, on why I would select something more suitable for Green Trail Rides that we go on:-
  • Lack of ground clearance - could be problematic going through rivers, and some of the more rough off-road sections.
  • No protection for engine getting bashed by rocks/boulders
  • Relatively small fuel tank of just 3.8 liters
  • Automatic Clutch
  • Drum Rear Brake
  • Good Off-Road tires for 17" Wheels, either difficult to obtain and/or pricy compared to 21" front and 18" rear

Posted Image

Posted Image

Racal MC150GY Price Php154K RRP (Cash, in Cebu)
  • Disc Brake Front and Rear
  • Engine Bash Plate
  • 150cc Engine (BASHAN also produce 200cc and 250cc versions
    - not sure if being supplied CKD Kits form, to RACAL, Philippines).
  • Power: 8.2/8000(1±1.5%) 200cc = 10.3/8000(1±1.5%), 250cc = 11.5/7500
  • Torque: 10.5/7000(1±1.5) 200cc = 13.5/7000(1±1.5%), 250cc = 17.0/5500
  • Nett weight: 117Kg (should be lighter with alloy rims)
  • Front Wheel: 19" (ask Dealer to quote for 21" Front Alloy Rims and Tires fitted instead)
  • Rear wheel: 16" (ask Dealer to quote for 18" Front Alloy Rims and Tires fitted instead)
  • Fuel tank capacity(L) 12 liters

Posted Image

Posted Image

RUSI KR150 Cash Price Php49,000

The Rusi KR150 has Gold colored Engine, so easily distinguished from the KR125

Even smaller wheels(-2") than the Racal 150GY
  • Front Wheel: 17" (ask Dealer to quote for 21" Front Alloy Rims and Tires fitted instead)
  • Rear wheel: 14" (ask Dealer to quote for 18" Front Alloy Rims and Tires fitted instead)
Posted Image
Here is the Rusi KR125 with 21" Front and 18" Rear wheels and tires fitted.

Yamahafz Iloilo
yang nasa picture po ay 14-17 na setup yan..pwede mo yan palitan ng 18-21 depende sa style na gusto mo..

Posted Image

Seems it is also available with Inverted Front Forks

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
www.facebook.com/rusiphilippines

That was the scene @ RUSI in Dumaguete, 08:00am on March 3rd 2012
They had all SOLD by 12 Noon!

And It has Arrived!Arrived!Arrived!the most awaited RUSI KR150 ! but the first batch is already sold out!
For reservation for the next batch of delivery you may call (035)422-7591
or email your location and contact number at rusimc@yahoo.com.

Posted Image

Motostar Moto X155

Posted Image

Motostar is now offering both the Dual Sport (Zongshen ZS150 GY-10) as Moto X155, and the newer release Super Motard version, with Inverted Showa Front Forks, and 17" wheels (ZS150 GY-10C), as Moto R155

Php55-69,000 Cash (depending on Location/Dealer)

Eastworld Moto sa Caloocan, 55k cash
Motorstar Basak Mandaue 69k cash ug 72k srp.
sa enduro type ug 63k cash, sa motard type pero diri sa Cebu
ug Bohol sa akong panganbas is 62k cash enduro ug 69k motard.

On ChinaRiders Forum I came across a Report (My Zong 150GY and Ride Log) by a Pinoy Biker (jeremy2011) who bought the Motostar MotoR155 (because his local Dealer were not stocking the Moto X155?)

Anyway he took his Motard version, Off-Road and quickly discovered the limitations of 17" wheels shod with very much 'Road Tires' (bit like an XRM 125).

Jeremy converted to 21" Front and 18" Rear Rims with a wheel rebuild, and had fitted some fairly aggressive Off-Road Tires. I think.

So I guess Jeremy's Water-cooled 155cc Zong has become a Moto XR155 being a Dual Sport (like the Moto X155), but having the Inverted front SHOWA Forks (of the Moto R155)

I think he has got himself a better value Bike (under half the price), than a Honda XR200 in the philippines

SPECIFICATION .....................Motostar Moto X155
Engine Type.............................Single Cyl, 4 Stroke, OHC, Water Cooled
Displacement...........................149.5 cc
Bore & Stroke...........................62.0 x 49.5 mm
Valves per cylinder....................4
Starter......................................Electric & Kick
Ignition System.........................CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition)
Transmission Type..................Manual
Gear System...........................5 - Speed / Down-Up
Suspension (Front).................Telescopic Fork - SHOWA
Suspension (Rear)..................Mono Shock SHOWA, Swing Arm
Brake System (Front)............. Hydraulic Ventilated Disk (Wave)
Brake System (Rear)...............Hydraulic Ventilated Disk
Tires Size (Front)....................2.75-21
Tires Size (Rear).....................4.10-18
Wheels Type ..........................Spoke
Over-all Dimensions (LxWxH)..2,155 mm x 804 mm x 1,194 mm
Wheelbase Dimensions.......... 1,405 mm
Dry Weight..............................127.0 kg (280.0 pounds)
Seat Height............................
Ground Clearance..................260 mm (10.2 inches)
Fuel Tank Capacity..................6.50 litres (1.72 gallons)
Fuel .......................................Unleaded Gasoline
Fuel System........................... Carburettor. PZ 27
Engine Oil Capacity..................
Maximum Horse Power............9.9 kW (13.50hp) @ 8000 RPM
Maximum Torque.....................14.50 Nm (1.5 kgf-m) @ 7500 RPM

This modern 150/155cc 4T engine with its OHC, water-cooled design (4 valve head?), develops more Torque than a 200cc OHV air cooled 4T engine of Bashan (Racal), and almost the same Power!

That is only 0.4kW less than the Racal MODEL BS200GY-18 V and develops 1.00 Nm more Torque

Motorstar TRLAX 200 enduro
http://www.motorcycl...ad.php?t=261459

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Php55,000 cash!
Inverted Front Forks, Disc Brake Front and Rear Disc Brake, and a Tacho for under half the price of Honda XR200
  • South'rn Boy likes this
Posted Image

Find us on Facebook too!

Thanked by 2 Members:
johnormoc , Paul

#4 Kreole

Kreole
  • Sponsor
  • 296 posts
  • 50 thanks
  • 79 topics
  • Local time: 06:32 PM
  • My Blood Type:A+

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

I just bought a XRM 125 RS and put it through it's paces today by going on a day trip from Cebu City to Balamban and back traveling on the Cebu Transcentral Highway and I must say that I was impressed with it. With two people on it it did OK for a 125. The highway gets steeper the further west you travel and there were only a few times that I had to drop it down to 1st gear. Not bad considering there were two people on it. I have several bikes and I don't intend to ride this one in the mountains anymore but I just wanted to see what it could do. For city travel it's great because it has the extra power compared to a Wave 100 or similar. I have a Yamaha YBR that is great in the mountains and I like riding it in the province because it's a five speed.

Thanks for the information. I appreciate your comments on your XRM experience. I have to look into the different models. The one I am renting is a clutch drive, which I prefer. It has disc brakes in the front and hydraulic brakes in the back. Is there an XRM model with clutch drive and disc brakes both front and back? I have only been able to find the front and back disc brakes on the automatic XRM.

In addition, I was very interested in your comment about your Yahama YBR 125, which I just recently saw here on Siquijor. It seems like a good, sturdy bike that can be used for both city and road biking. However, the agressive tread on the tires may not be the best for wet or oily tarmac. Otherwise, it seems like a perfectly suitable bike, easily comparable to the XRM. Why would you not use the YBR for around town driving? If you could only own one bike, which would it be?

And David, thanks for the compilation of photos and specs on the bikes. It was very kind of you to take the time.

Edited by Kreole, 04 May 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#5 pinipig

pinipig
  • 91 posts
  • 20 thanks
  • 14 topics
  • My Blood Type:No option.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

how come the pictures of the yellow and black Honda XRM show rear brake disc ?

#6 shadow

shadow

Play that funky music

• Elite Member
  • 4,464 posts
  • 1741 thanks
  • 177 topics
  • Local time: 02:32 PM

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

I rode an XRM for 8 years, which was originally purchased for my wife. I LOVED it. It was the smallest bike I had ridden since I was 12 years old or so, and if someone had told me 10 years ago that i would be riding a 110 cc and loving it I would have laughed in their face. After 200,000+ km and several rebuilds/reformats, I was looking to possibly buy another XRM.

However, I chose the YBR125 instead. The far superior road capability won out for me. The YBR far outperforms the XRM on the highway, packing two persons which we always do. It excels on gravel/dirt roads, where the XRM got squirrelly even after serious mods/improvements to the suspension. It also gets much better fuel economy than the XRM (50kpl+ cruising at 70-80 kph), is capable of carrying four times as much fuel, and is much more comfortable after an hour or two on the road.

The XRM beats the YBR hands down in one aspect, serious trail riding. The YBR is too high geared (easy to remedy) for serious off roading, and it being physically bigger it is of course more cumbersome. In every other aspect the YBR beats out or matches the XRM.

The nitty gritty is, the XRM is a scooter, a very durable and fun scooter. the YBR is a motorcycle.

The choice is yours, your mileage may vary.

Larry in Dumaguete

Larry in Dumaguete

Pinay Visa

#7 Cipro

Cipro

100% Real Turkey

• Sponsor
  • 5,385 posts
  • 1202 thanks
  • 87 topics
  • Local time: 11:32 AM
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

One thing I noticed is that the X/R155 models actually claim to be making more power and torque than the 200TRLAX, for whatever the published numbers are worth. The water cooling is much more interesting to me but I would consider either one. Maybe a 200 would be easier to sell on the used market because, you know, it's 50 more. Dunno.

I'm gonna call around, if I can find one to look at, even if it's presold, I might put money on one if delivery is short.

I'm just not comfortable buying something I've never seen an example of.

As for trail riding, I'm not that interested in serious dirt riding at this point anyway, and I'm skeptical of the abilities of any of these to really be a lot of fun in the mud. Mostly looking for something good on rough pavement.

#8 roadhaze

roadhaze
  • Elite Member
  • 339 posts
  • 52 thanks
  • 6 topics
  • Local time: 07:32 PM

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

My XRM has disk brake front and back. Also aluminum rims.
Cost 70 instead of 65000. Well worth the extra 100 or so bucks

#9 David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay
  • Elite Member
  • 4,930 posts
  • 1254 thanks
  • 480 topics
  • My Blood Type:O+

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

Thanks for the information. I appreciate your comments on your XRM experience. I have to look into the different models. The one I am renting is a clutch drive, which I prefer. It has disc brakes in the front and hydraulic brakes in the back. Is there an XRM model with clutch drive and disc brakes both front and back? I have only been able to find the front and back disc brakes on the automatic XRM.

In addition, I was very interested in your comment about your Yahama YBR 125, which I just recently saw here on Siquijor. It seems like a good, sturdy bike that can be used for both city and road biking. However, the agressive tread on the tires may not be the best for wet or oily tarmac. Otherwise, it seems like a perfectly suitable bike, easily comparable to the XRM. Why would you not use the YBR for around town driving? If you could only own one bike, which would it be?

And David, thanks for the compilation of photos and specs on the bikes. It was very kind of you to take the time.

http://www.hondaph.com/showcase/xrm-125-off-road

XRM 125 Off-Road
Posted Image
Adventure Ride

DESCRIPTION
Feel the thrill of racing with the XRM Off-road motorcycle. Equipped with a hand clutch, as well as front and rear disk brakes, this machine enables you to tear through the dirt and experience the excitement you've always lived for.

Posted Image ......................
XRM 125 Off-Road..............................v..............................................XRM 125 Dual Sport
SRP PHP 63,900.00..............................................................................SRP PHP 61,400.00

http://www.hondaph.c...rm-125-off-road

4 - Stroke OHC Air Cooled................... Engine Type ....................... 4 - Stroke OHC Air Cooled
124.8 cc .............................................. Displacement ..................... 124.8 cc
52.4 mm x 57.9 mm ............................. Bore & Stroke .................... 52.4 mm x 57.9 mm
Kick ..................................................... Starter ................................. Electric / Kick
CDl (Capacitor Discharge Ignition)...... Ignition System .................... DC-CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition)
Manual ............................................... Transmission Type ............. Semi-automatic
1-Down, 3-Up Gear Shift Pattern ......... Gear System ..................... 4- Speed Rotary Type
Telescopic Fork ................................... Suspension (Front) .... ....... Telescopic Fork
Twin .................................................... Suspension (Rear) ............... Twin
Hydraulic Ventilated Disk .................... Brake System (Front) ............ Hydraulic Ventilated Disk
Hydraulic Ventilated Disk ..................... Brake System (Rear) ............. Mechanical Leading Trailing
N/A ....................................................... Combination Brake System .... N/A
2.50-17M/C 33L ................................... Tires Size (Front) ............... 2.50-17M/C 33L
2.50-17M/C 38L .................................. Tires Size (Rear) ...................... 2.50-17M/C 38L
Spoke .................................................. Wheels Type ............................ Spoke
1,896mm x 800mm x 1,067mm ............ Over-all Dimensions (LxWxH) ..1,896mm x 800mm x 1,067mm
1,239 mm ............................................ Wheelbase Dimensions ........... 1,239 mm
96 Kg ................................................... Dry Weight .............................. 99 Kg
776 mm ................................................ Seat Height ............................ 776 mm
136 mm ............................................... Ground Clearance .................... 136 mm
3.8 Liters ............................................ Fuel Tank Capacity ......................3.8 Liters
Unleaded Gasoline ............................. Fuel ....................................... Unleaded Gasoline
Carburetor ........................................ Fuel System ........................... Carburetor
0.9 Liters ...............................................Engine Oil Capacity ......................0.9 Liters

XRM 125 Motard also has Disk front and Rear but Semi Automatic Clutch
SRP PHP 66,900.00

If you think an XRM 125 Off Road is worth Php63,900.00 to have manual Clutch and Disk Brakes Front and Back,
compared to RUSI KR150 for Php50,000 or Racal MC150GY for Php54,000 then that is your decision.

Posted Image
RUSI KR150 for Php50,000

Posted Image
Racal MC150GY for Php54,000

Posted Image
Motostar Moto X155 for Php59,000

Posted Image
Moto R155 for Php63,000

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay, 04 May 2012 - 05:51 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:
pinipig

#10 Cipro

Cipro

100% Real Turkey

• Sponsor
  • 5,385 posts
  • 1202 thanks
  • 87 topics
  • Local time: 11:32 AM
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

Problem being that they could say it's p5900 but if they don't have it to sell, well that's an issue.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea