• Announcements

• Paul

New Members' Forum   03/09/2017

Hello. If you are a new member, and feel a bit apprehensive about posting in the "open" forums, or, just wish to get your "sea legs" prior to posting in the open forums, feel free to post anything you wish to talk about, in the Newbies Forum. No one will bother you, or give you any sort of grief. Everyone there is happy to help you get answers to your questions.
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mailman

Walk-in services available at US Consular Office in Cebu

60 posts in this topic

My daughter has recently turned 5 years old and her US passport will soon be approaching its expiration date.

From my understanding, both myself and my wife need to make a personal appearance along with our daughter for this particular transaction. My wife is almost 7 months pregnant and the hassle of traveling to Manila for the purpose of signing a document will just be too much of a burden for us. We'd much prefer to endure the lesser hassle of going to Cebu (from Leyte) to meet the requirement if it is at all possible.

I have been unable to reach a human being through the provided telephone number (0)32.231.1261 to determine the availability of this service at that location.

I was wondering if anyone knew FOR A FACT that this can be accomplished at the Consular Office in Cebu on a walk-in basis as I simply cannot find out for myself without actually coming over there.

Thank you for your time. :)

I found this page, which you have probably already seen, on the US Embassy website. From what I read on that page, I would say yes. But, I would definitely confirm it. I had two passports stolen from me during the time I lived in the Philippines. Both times, I applied at the US Consular Agency for replacements.

What time did you attempt to ring them? Their phone hours are from 8am to 9am, only. From 9am to 11am, walk in clients only.

HTH

1 person likes this

Yes you can we did our daughters passport renewal there. Make sure you have photos of her at one years old two years three years old and four and five years old they will have paste them on a piece of paper. They what to make sure she belongs to you.

1 person likes this

I found this page, which you have probably already seen, on the US Embassy website. From what I read on that page, I would say yes. But, I would definitely confirm it. I had two passports stolen from me during the time I lived in the Philippines. Both times, I applied at the US Consular Agency for replacements.

What time did you attempt to ring them? Their phone hours are from 8am to 9am, only. From 9am to 11am, walk in clients only.

HTH

Yeah, I had seen that page. Thanks. Being the "horse's mouth", I would naturally try there first. :)

Unfortunately, it doesn't give the information I am seeking. All the passport stuff in Manila is done by appointment only. You have to send in your application and all the required supporting documentation first and wait for them to call you for an appointment.

LOL I was under the impression that their office hours were only from 9-11am and that was the window in which I kept calling. I will try earlier tomorrow. Thanks.

We just went through the process of getting our daughter's passport, and we did it through the US Consular Services office in Cebu. Remember that the hours there are from 9 AM to 11 AM on weekdays. They are closed for ALL US and Philippine holidays. It is all walk-in at the US Consular Services offices, and first-come first-served, so get there early (before 10 AM). You can go into the State Department website for what you need to bring, and you can print out a copy of the application there as well. Fill out the application before you go. Make sure you don't sign the application until the consul asks you to. It must be done in his presence. The embassy can either have the passport delivered to your home (for a fee) or have it delivered to the US Consular office in Cebu, and then you can pick it up. I don't trust the courier services here with a passport, so I had my daughter's passport delivered to the Consular office and went down to pick it up.

Edited by Headshot
1 person likes this

Yes you can we did our daughters passport renewal there. Make sure you have photos of her at one years old two years three years old and four and five years old they will have paste them on a piece of paper. They what to make sure she belongs to you.

Yeah, I got the run-down of all the supporting documentation (photos showing aging over time, etc). Thanks. I just didn't know if we could just show up there to get it done without any prior notice.

May I ask how long ago you had this done? I just would like to be sure that policies haven't changed since then...

Thank you.

We just went through the process of getting our daughter's passport, and we did it through the US Consular Services office in Cebu. Remember that the hours there are from 9 AM to 11 AM on weekdays. They are closed for ALL US and Philippine holidays. It is all walk-in at the US Consular Services offices, and first-come first-served, so get there early (before 10 AM). You can go into the State Department website for what you need to bring, and you can print out a copy of the application there as well. Fill out the application before you go. Make sure you don't sign the application until the consul asks you to. It must be done in his presence.

Thanks, Headshot.

Curious though -- since we will be needing to do this later this year -- did you also apply for your CRBA (Consular Report of Birth Abroad) at that location as well? Does that need to be done during one of the Outreach visits or can it also be done anytime?

Edited by Mailman

Yes, unfortunately both parents must appear in person. There is an option that one parent appear and have with them a notorized statement of consent but I'm sure that must be a US notary which is only available at the consulate or embassy so she would still have to go for that.

1 person likes this

Yes, unfortunately both parents must appear in person. There is an option that one parent appear and have with them a notorized statement of consent but I'm sure that must be a US notary which is only available at the consulate or embassy so she would still have to go for that.

Yeah, that seemed a bit silly too. In my case (and if Manila was the only option for this task), it would alleviate my wife from a three-hour bus ride to Tacloban and a flight to Manila. A two-hour ferry to Cebu is still a hassle but far less of one as it only requires a two-hour ferry. If we can get this done in Cebu, then that is what we are doing. :)

LOL You guys are information overkill. I just needed to know if this task can be accomplished as a "walk-in" at that particular office. I am well aware of all the requirements.

It's okay though, I appreciate it. And I am certain that the information may be useful for future readers who may be looking for it. :)

1 person likes this

We just walked in no appointment. June 2010.

Taz

2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Commercial Banner Advertisers

• Adsbygoogle

Advert