• Elite Member
  • 638 posts
  • 212 thanks
  • 43 topics
  • Local time: 01:53 AM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Well, I learned my lesson the hard way..

I sent two balikbayan boxes via Manila Forwarders from Cebu back to Melbourne, Australia.

Total cost for shipping of the two boxes, port to port, was approximately $ 350 AUD

I just received an invoice from the shipping company in Melbourne for $ 372 AUD, for handling, fees and charges etc ( and this does not even include delivery from the port to my address )

This cost will go up should Customs wish to inspect the boxes.

So far, it has cost me $ 720 AUD ( it only cost me $ 260 all inclusive, door to door, from Melbourne to Cebu )

A tip to those thinking of shipping via sea freight from the Philippines back to Aus in the future – don’t ship stuff over that you want to bring back in the first place !!

( it would have cost me less to bring the stuff as excess baggage on the flight back to Aus )

Thanked by 1 Member:
Paul

#2 Wombat No More

Wombat No More
  • Banned
  • 4,693 posts
  • 1778 thanks
  • 333 topics
  • My Blood Type:O-
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Have to ask what company you used?... I normally use FOREXWORLD.AU but I don't know if they are doing the opposite direction to Oz yet, but I heard rumours

#3 smokey

smokey
  • Elite Member
  • 23,533 posts
  • 3917 thanks
  • 892 topics
  • Local time: 10:53 AM

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

i looked into the same thing as i wanted to bring some of my stuff back to arizona ... the cost is times 5 at least and that includes pets you bring your dog its a one way trip...

#4 newtocebu

newtocebu

Artista

• Elite Member
  • 638 posts
  • 212 thanks
  • 43 topics

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

Have to ask what company you used?... I normally use FOREXWORLD.AU but I don't know if they are doing the opposite direction to Oz yet, but I heard rumours

I sent them back via Manila Forwarders ( forexworld, whom I used to send the stuff over in the first place, dont do 'reverse cargo' )

#5 Hell Boy

Hell Boy

To Hell And Back

• +Founder
  • 32,158 posts
  • 7072 thanks
  • 3,900 topics
  • Local time: 12:53 AM
  • My Blood Type:AB+

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

I sent two balikbayan boxes via Manila Forwarders from Cebu back to Melbourne, Australia.

Blind as a wombat. :thumbs_up:

#6 Jerome

Jerome
  • Sponsor
  • 119 posts
  • 85 thanks
  • 6 topics

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

I ran into this problem and started working on the solution. I've been doing test cases, and everything seems to be working. Shipments go by air, not by sea. Cost is about the same as Philpost. Delivery is in about 3 days. You get full online tracking and insurance.

The best link I have with details about this is pointing to another forum. Out of respect for the LinC mods, I don't want to paste it here. But you can Google "How do I ship a balikbayan box FROM the Philippines?" and find the forum post yourself. Should be one of the top results. My office number is there along with a few reviews.

Or you can just call my office 02-885-8456 and ask for me, Jerome. I'll tell you more.

(Paul: I finally got that banner ad done a few weeks ago. Wasn't exactly done right, but it was done. Will PM you soon.)

Edited by Jerome, 19 April 2012 - 05:34 PM.

#7 Hell Boy

Hell Boy

To Hell And Back

• +Founder
  • 32,158 posts
  • 7072 thanks
  • 3,900 topics
  • Local time: 12:53 AM
  • My Blood Type:AB+

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Dude, why not just post the information here? I am sure people will find it useful, and not having to go chase it down would be more beneficial to them.

#8 sperman

sperman
  • Elite Member
  • 644 posts
  • 196 thanks
  • 58 topics
  • Local time: 03:53 AM
  • Ham Call Sign:0410E

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

in 2005 i shipped a cubic metre or less from cebu to brisbane. it cost $250 at the cebu end and another ripping $250 to get it out of the wharf shed at brisbane. they waived the inspection as they kept me waiting for some computer error. that would have been another $90. never again. mongrel extortionists. cant remember their name at the oz end, some well known ship firm/agent.

#9 Wombat No More

Wombat No More
  • Banned
  • 4,693 posts
  • 1778 thanks
  • 333 topics
  • My Blood Type:O-

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

Blind as a wombat. :)

Yes mate, ur right... I didn't notice the capitol letter in Manila Forwarders and read it as Manila forwarders, meaning, some forwarding company in Manila. And just for you, capitol letters are those oversized letters one sometimes sees at the start of some words...

#10 Jerome

Jerome
  • Sponsor
  • 119 posts
  • 85 thanks
  • 6 topics

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:20 AM

Dude, why not just post the information here? I am sure people will find it useful, and not having to go chase it down would be more beneficial to them.

I just happened on this thread while searching for something else and noticed the open question. Back in April, I was hesitant to tell the world that I'm offering a shipping service. But now I'm up to a few big boxes going out of the Philippines every week. Shipping big boxes out of the country is what I do. And every customer who follows through with a shipment has had a positive experience.

So to save you the trouble of hunting down the information, here's the thread where I tell how I can help ship your items out of the Philippines by air. I know people think, "By air? But I'm not in a hurry". As you can see from the first post, the slow boat is not always the cheapest option.

If you ship with me, the package arrives in 2-3 days and there are no surprise fees on the other end. The carrier is a well known international carrier. You get online tracking and insurance on your package. Prices are very close to what Philpost charges, but the service is faster and more reliable.

http://www.liveandre...0&maxResults=20

Next, I'll give you the company website. Right now it's a pretty simple site, but it will get you an email response pretty quickly:
www.backofficeboss.com

If you're on Facebook, there's a testimonial or two on our page there:
https://www.facebook.../backofficeboss

Finally, you can just call my office at 02-885-8456. If it's a weekday, a live person will answer. After hours, you'll get voicemail which gets answered pretty quickly if you leave a message.

Want prices? Here's an ad I've had up for a while now showing prices to USA and Canada. Other locations available by request:
http://manila.en.cra...3077474724.html

So how does it work?

1. You call and discuss the shipment with me or another person who won't give you the runaround.
2. We discuss the contents of your shipment. We've done everything from motorcycle parts to scuba gear to human hair. We have suggestions on how to get your item out of the Philippines and to the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
3. When all sounds good, we send you a 10kg or 25kg box. There's no charge for this.
4. You fill the box and when ready, pay by Paypal or bank deposit.
5. We schedule a pickup of the box and email you paperwork. You print this paperwork out and hand it to the driver.

Pickups are done 5 days a week in the major cities of the Philippines. For remote areas, we can arrange a drop off at the nearest Mail & More.

Sometimes I don't see replies in the forums, so if you have an urgent question just get ahold of me using the office number or website.

Thanks,

Jerome

Edited by Jerome, 15 June 2012 - 12:29 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea