• 1,105 posts
  • 233 thanks
  • 133 topics
  • Local time: 04:15 PM
  • My Blood Type:A-
  • Philippines:Visited 1 to 5 trips

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

I thought I would post this FYI.

• Closure of the Strait of Hormuz would require the use of longer alternate routes at increased transportation costs.
  • Alternate routes include the 745 mile long Petroline, also known as the East-West Pipeline, across Saudi Arabia from Abqaiq to the Red Sea. The East-West Pipeline has a nameplate capacity of about 5 million bbl/d. The Abqaiq-Yanbu natural gas liquids pipeline, which runs parallel to the Petroline to the Red Sea, has a 290,000-bbl/d capacity.
  • Additional oil could also be pumped north via the Iraq-Turkey pipeline to the port of Ceyhan on the Mediterranean Sea, but volumes have been limited by the closure of the Strategic pipeline linking north and south Iraq.
  • The United Arab Emirates is also completing the 1.5 million bbl/d Abu Dhabi Crude Oil Pipeline pipeline that will cross the emirate of Abu Dhabi and end at the port of Fujairah just south of the Strait. Other alternate routes could include the deactivated 1.65-million bbl/d Iraqi Pipeline across Saudi Arabia (IPSA), and the deactivated 0.5 million-bbl/d Tapline to Lebanon.
  • The U.S. Navy’s Fifth Fleet consists of 20-plus ships supported by combat aircraft, with 15,000 people afloat and another 1,000 ashore.[2]

Source: U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Thanked by 2 Members:
Mr. Mike , Cary

#2 Cary

Cary
  • Elite Member
  • 4,876 posts
  • 1731 thanks
  • 2,257 topics
  • Local time: 12:15 AM
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

Thanks for the info

#3 udonthani

udonthani
  • Banned
  • 4,097 posts
  • 1546 thanks
  • 403 topics
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

it would be regarded by just about everyone as a casus belli.. The Iranians know this. Which is why it's very unlikely to happen.

#4 Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

Bowsie Wowsie

• Sponsor
  • 8,310 posts
  • 2487 thanks
  • 563 topics
  • Local time: 04:15 AM
  • My Blood Type:O-

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

it would be regarded by just about everyone as a casus belli.. The Iranians know this. Which is why it's very unlikely to happen.

I knew that,,,,,,,I hate it when I have to "google" stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good one U man!

#5 udonthani

udonthani
  • Banned
  • 4,097 posts
  • 1546 thanks
  • 403 topics

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

the Iranians probably want to jam the UK soccer results coming over the tv on Saturday afternoons and replace it with am old broadcast of the Ayatollah Khomenei delivering a sermon too. But that's not going to happen either.

#6 Headshot

Headshot

My Wife's Teddy Bear

• +Global Mod
  • 14,421 posts
  • 5243 thanks
  • 334 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

So...you are accusing religious zealots of engaging in rational thinking? I hope you are right...but I have very little faith that you are. Thinking rationally would be totally out of character for Iran's leaders. And...you are right that it would be an 'act of war'...not just against the US...but against the rest of the world. Unfortunately, I think that Iran's leaders "know in their hearts" that they will prevail in any conflict (because God is on their side), so all of that is reasonable goes right out the window.

Edited by Headshot, 22 March 2012 - 12:05 PM.

• RetiredNavyGuy likes this

If you don't know da rules, please read them.

If you do know da rules, please follow them.

#7 wingandprayer

wingandprayer

Nonconformists Unite!

• Elite Member
  • 323 posts
  • 54 thanks
  • 54 topics
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

Religion. Zealots. Rational thinking? I think there are a couple of words that don't belong.

#8 udonthani

udonthani
  • Banned
  • 4,097 posts
  • 1546 thanks
  • 403 topics

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:27 AM

the Iranians aren't so naive, as all that. They've just been stupid. They just got themselves into this embarrasing position whereby nobody in the Sunni Arab world trusts them.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea