Comfy Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Good Quality Furniture Stores (sofa, dining table)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#11 ArieBombarie

ArieBombarie
  • Sponsor
  • 1,877 posts
  • 314 thanks
  • 26 topics
  • Local time: 12:33 PM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Visited 6 to 9 trips

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

If you do end up sourcing from Cebu and you want to save money you might want to have a look at Barack's Trading in front of the Waterfront Hotel in Lahug. We love their wierd variety and high turnover. Everything is imported from Japan and mostly surplus or used, but generally in good condition and pretty good modern design (I'm a designer so that matters to me). We got a great home entertainment center and freestanding kitchen cabinet (is that a hutch?), as well as various tables and chairs, a great crib for our baby, and other random stuff. Our landlord raves about it and my Mother in Law is always demanding to be assured that she can have it when we leave. BT Surplus is cash and carry, and not the fastest service in the world but the prices are good and it's always an adventure to see what you'll find. They do offer cheap delivery, so I'm sure you could have it dropped at the pier.

this had me cracking up

http://barrackstradi...rivals#photo=14
  • musicman666 and Experienced like this

#12 David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay
  • Elite Member
  • 5,049 posts
  • 1283 thanks
  • 494 topics
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

Here is the website for Mandaue Foam. There are several showrooms.

http://www.mafiinc.com/home

If you are wanting REALLY high-quality furniture, then there is Giardini del sol on Ouano Avenue near S&R (north of SM City Mall)...or there is another custom furniture showroom in Talisay City on the South Highway (on the hill between Robinsons and where the CSCR joins the South Highway). I don't remember the name of that place, but the furniture is absolutely beautiful. I won't lie to you though. These two places are NOT cheap.

Giardini Del Sole Mfg. & Trdg. Corp.
Posted Image

http://www.facebook....203780766328598

Basic Information
Founded
1992 Location
MQ. Cuizon St., Alang-Alang, 6014 Mandaue City, Philippines Hours

Mon - Sun: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm About
Our vision is to provide World-class quality of Italian wooden furniture through modern technology and innovative designs and through continuous reinvestment to Our Valuable Customers, Our Passionate People, and Our Loving Society. Description

SHOWROOMS:

MANILA SHOWROOM
635 West Service Road, Alabang, Muntinlupa City Philippines
tel num: (08) 842-5545 fax num: 842-6813
...See More Products
Wooden Furniture Phone
63032345957942034650630323454370 Email
GiardiniDelSole.marketing@gmail.com Website
http://www.giardinid...efurniture.com/
http://twitter.com/GDSfurniture

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It is very good quality and SOLID WOOD, not this veneered MDF stuff they sell at Mandaue Foam and other places, if you buy the cheap priced furniture.

Quality Furniture comes @ premium prices, except when there is a SALE on.

We bought a unique Bamboo style design 3 seat Setee, 2 x chairs and a table, in solid mahogony, and it was 30% off in the SALE.

Posted Image

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay, 18 March 2012 - 11:28 AM .

Posted Image

Find us on Facebook too!

Thanked by 2 Members:
Ravenkill , MikeeW

#13 johnormoc

johnormoc

Jeepney Driver

• Sponsor
  • 492 posts
  • 368 thanks
  • 38 topics
  • Local time: 01:33 PM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 18 March 2012 - 1:57 PM

Sorry, should have been more specific. Where is Rhevian?

On Osmena St close to the Petron Station next to AGA Glass. We got a big discount with all the things we ended up ordering but had to pay cash on delivery to get it. They even surprised us with a free coffee table. I was very pleased with both the overall price and the quality. They also offer financing but you get the big savings with COD. If you are close to Ormoc, they also do free delivery too. There are a couple other furniture places in the area but I haven't bought anything from them so I can't vouch for them.

Don't be afraid to haggle. I bargained our price down to a point where the shop workers said they couldn't go any lower. I had them call the owner who ended up coming to the store to talk with me directly to work out a package deal and I got another few thousand pesos knocked off the total price. We've rewarded them by going back later and buying my wife a make up table and a dresser. They have catalogs you can look through and they'll make whatever you want so you're not limited to what they have available in their store.

Thanked by 2 Members:
Ravenkill , MikeeW

#14 Jim Sibbick

Jim Sibbick
  • Elite Member
  • 2,184 posts
  • 381 thanks
  • 145 topics
  • Local time: 03:33 PM

Posted 18 March 2012 - 2:21 PM

I rent with my girlfriend in Palompon Leyte.

I have used Cebu Appliance Center twice.Once for a TV and once for a queen size bed. I was very happy with both deals.
http://www.in-cebu.n...pliance-center/

The warehouse is in Downtown Cebu City about 1km from pier 1. They used Cokaliong to ship from from pier 1 in Cebu City to Palompon. In August last year, it was P900 to ship the bed and mattress.

I was happy with P900. It cost me P7000 in 2006 to arrange a van to come from Palomon via Isabel and Danao to Cebu City and back to Palompon with all my belongings.

Regards: Jim

Edited by Jim Sibbick, 18 March 2012 - 2:25 PM .

Thanked by 3 Members:
Ravenkill , Experienced , MikeeW

#15 mayasparrow

mayasparrow
  • 108 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • 22 topics
  • My Blood Type:Don't know

Posted 29 March 2012 - 8:24 PM

Great information here. We will definitely be looking to get some good low cost furniture when we arrive.

What's it like haggling if you're a foreigner? I'm sure stores will tend to start higher if they notice your skin colour is different.

#16 musicman666

musicman666
  • Elite Member
  • 4,720 posts
  • 698 thanks
  • 115 topics

Posted 29 March 2012 - 9:47 PM

Great information here. We will definitely be looking to get some good low cost furniture when we arrive.

What's it like haggling if you're a foreigner? I'm sure stores will tend to start higher if they notice your skin colour is different.

The bigger stores are computer driven with set pricing so you won't get ripped off...but it's always worth asking for a discount as it seems to be the rule here that salesman are allowed to give ten percent if pushed....

#17 Faluango

Faluango
  • Banned
  • 760 posts
  • 80 thanks
  • 53 topics
  • Local time: 01:33 PM
  • My Blood Type:O+

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

I like Sun Gold

#18 musicman666

musicman666
  • Elite Member
  • 4,720 posts
  • 698 thanks
  • 115 topics

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

I like Sun Gold

Why?.... Please expand ..

#19 Headshot

Headshot

My Wife's Teddy Bear

• +Global Mod
  • 15,278 posts
  • 5414 thanks
  • 336 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

Why?.... Please expand ..

Sun Gold is great for low-cost furniture. It is definitely NOT heirloom quality, but it is fairly well-made furniture in the right settings. We bought dressers there that we can use in our bedroom until we have our home completely remodeled, and then we will move them to the kids' rooms and get some good stuff for our bedroom. We also got an entertainment cabinet for under our flat-screen TV that is very heavy and is very nice looking, even though the main construction is particle bosrd (very thick particle board though). We basically use Sun Gold mainly for things that will be somewhat temporay or will not receive a lot of wear and tear.

If you don't know da rules, please read them.

If you do know da rules, please follow them.

#20 mayasparrow

mayasparrow
  • 108 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • 22 topics
  • My Blood Type:Don't know

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

Sun Gold is great for low-cost furniture. It is definitely NOT heirloom quality, but it is fairly well-made furniture in the right settings. We bought dressers there that we can use in our bedroom until we have our home completely remodeled, and then we will move them to the kids' rooms and get some good stuff for our bedroom. We also got an entertainment cabinet for under our flat-screen TV that is very heavy and is very nice looking, even though the main construction is particle bosrd (very thick particle board though). We basically use Sun Gold mainly for things that will be somewhat temporay or will not receive a lot of wear and tear.

The IKEA of the Philippines?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea