• Local time: 08:14 AM
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 06 April 2012 - 6:48 PM

Anyone read up on Philippine Forums about MCX Renagade

2 Weeks Ago
mikeyan

Re: MCX Renegade 250
i saw this bike yesterday sa MCX office sa Cebu, timing din may dala akong digiCam.. so i went for a closer look... na curious kasi ako sa bike na to...

anyways here it is:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

1 Week Ago
kalelofkrypton

Posted Image

http://www.facebook.com/MCXMOTOR

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Here is another Philippines Forum discussing same:-
Posted Image

Topic: RENEGADE 250 MCX (Read 1180 times)

Topic: Mcx renegade 250 owners review
Posted Image
Re: Renegade MCX 250 owner's review
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 05:41:32 PM »
According to "AKOBIKOL", I'm the first owner of Renegade 250 here in Luzon.

All of their previous stock was shipped to the Visayas and Mindanao.

Next shipment will be coming this April.

AKOBICOL is accepting reservation (?)..

Although he does not know if the price will be the same, or higher or lower. It all depends on the Big Bosses.

Quoted price is 85K Pesos price, but by pleading, threatening, begging, I was able to haggle it down to 77K Pesos.

There's still one unit left at their main office in Meycauayan.

I will invite AKOBICOL here to answer all queries.

Posted Image
Renegade MCX 250 owner's review

« on: March 01, 2012, 04:30:29 PM »
Went to MCX factory and bought the Renegade 250. Paid with a checque and I'm expecting delivery this coming Tuesday or Wednesday.

first Impression is WOW !

Not so tall, I'm 5'8'' and both my feet are both flat on the floor. GOOD.

Posted Image

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay, 06 April 2012 - 7:07 PM .

Posted Image

Find us on Facebook too!

#72 driftR

driftR
  • 136 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • 12 topics
  • Local time: 04:14 PM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Visited 1 to 5 trips

Posted 06 April 2012 - 7:38 PM

Baddog was banned from this thread, and later banned from the forum.

I know baddog and he was a little drunk when he swore and he is quite sorry for his post. He has not been back to the forum anyway apparently as he felt quite bad but I think it was a bit unfair that David was allowed to personally attack baddog calling him stupid many times a couple of pages back in post. Baddog just got mad when he seen that and responded. I thought that would be the first rule breaking so why is David not also banned? Baddog from what I can see never personally attacked David at first and he only said the bike looked stupid to him but then went on to say later that the bikes might be worth looking at. It seems David became personally upset that his "china bikes" were called stupid. why David may I ask you are so defensive about these bikes that you think are the best thing since sliced bread? If they are that great and No im not a bike expert but shouldn't they speak for themselves if they are so wonderful, why are you so defensive about them and kept putting baddog down at every chance you could?

Now I'm also interested in buying a bike so I visited a bike shop in Mindue a few days go, I have the name of the shop if anyone is interested or would like to talk to the owner as I did. He had some very high end enduro bikes in the show room including a 2012 Honda CRF200 that sells for over 500k along with a 650 I think it was around the same price. He was a nice guy to talk to and I asked him about these Chinese off road bikes and he does not sell them as he said customers that buy them keep returning to the stores as soon as they buy them with things breaking all the time. he said sure they are chap but make sure you live close to a bike shop that can help with parts and servicing as these bikes are been brought back all the time. Now that is what he has told me and I believe him as this guy really knows his bikes. He said they all these models and brands are basically made by the same manufacturer and he said you or me could buy a container and put out name on it and that will be the latest chinese bike model.

As I said if anyone wants to verify this then I would be happy to post the name of the shop and the owners name. As for Honda xr200, he said there is no stock until the end of the month as the Tsunami last year is still affecting supply in the Philippines. Not that I would buy one anyway. I would be more interested in a 2ns hand CRF 200.

Edited by driftR, 06 April 2012 - 7:42 PM .

• Cipro and Fish Sandwich like this

Thanked by 1 Member:
Fish Sandwich

#73 Paul

Paul

The Big Fella

• +Founder
  • 32,644 posts
  • 7235 thanks
  • 3,930 topics
  • Local time: 07:14 AM
  • My Blood Type:AB+
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 06 April 2012 - 8:07 PM

I know baddog and he was a little drunk when he swore and he is quite sorry for his post. He has not been back to the forum anyway apparently as he felt quite bad but I think it was a bit unfair that David was allowed to personally attack baddog calling him stupid many times a couple of pages back in post. Baddog just got mad when he seen that and responded.

------ balance of post truncated ------

I still have not completely read through this thread. So, I was (and still am) unaware of David making any such attack(s) on him. I will take your word for it.

Do understand that, even with the number of staff we have on this forum, it is almost impossible to view every single thread. So, we rely on the members to be self policing too. Some are more self policing than others. That is, they hit the "report" button a bit too often, sometimes. But, reports being submitted are one of the few ways we learn about infractions, attacks, etc., by members.

He (Baddog) was warned previously, by me, to not attack other members. So, he is not entirely innocent, regardless. If that is the case, where he posted drunk, he needs to try and be a bit more cool about things when doing so. I mean, even I will admit that, in the past, I posted while under the influence. (I rarely even have a beer, anymore.) I will reinstate Baddog to the forum and the thread.

Thanks for taking the time to post your message, letting me know.
My apologies to Baddog, for not reviewing the thread and locating the origin of the attack.

David:
Do not reply to his post, causing further issues here. Let it drop or it will simply escalate.
For the record, I found where you had, in fact, made the statements about Baddog.
Let's get this thread back on topic.

Edited by Paul, 06 April 2012 - 8:18 PM .

• driftR likes this

Thanked by 1 Member:
driftR

#74 David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay
  • Elite Member
  • 5,047 posts
  • 1283 thanks
  • 494 topics

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Pinnoy Ray from Nevada, who rode on GTR#22 last Sunday (1st April) was riding a CPI XF200 Motard 200

Considering it not set up for Off-Roading with 17" wheels and very much Road Tires, he coped remarkably well,but much of that is due to his experience and off-road riding skills in the Nevada desert.

http://www.scooter-s...m_motard200.jpg
But one could convert to Dual Sport as Andy (Musicman666) did with his Motard Version DOHC Honda XR250 by having 21" front Alloy Rim and 18" rear allor rim laced into his Hubs with new, and longer spokes with the right nipples for his hubs.
http://www.autoevolu...oducers/cpi.jpg

CPI
For History on CPI Motor Co, Taiwanese motorcycle manufacturer ->
Spoiler

http://www.cpi-ph.com/images/logo.gif http://www.cpi-ph.com/images/links.gifhttp://www.cpi-ph.com/images/ISo.jpg

CPI Motor Company has been assessed and certified as meeting the requirements of ISO 9001:2000 for design and manufacture of motorcycle and ATV for use in agricultural and leisure.

http://www.cpi-ph.co...ages/slide2.jpg

http://www.cpi-ph.com/images/F2.gif

How does a CPI 200cc Motard compare with MCX's Renegade 250

http://motorcyclephi.../cb/cb/logo.gif
Read MCP Forum: Supermoto: GRX 200 VS MCX 250

https://fbcdn-sphoto...009503511_n.jpg

CPI's GRX 200 versus MCX's Renegade 250

https://fbcdn-sphoto...445156170_n.jpg

Comprehensive reviews:
CPI GRX 200 (click here)
MCX Renegade 250 (click here)

itchy4travel

Re: Supermoto: GRX 200 VS MCX 250

I chose the MCX Renegade 250. More displacement per Peso.

85,000 Pesos divided by 250cc = 340 Pesos per displacement.

CPI, 90,000 Pesos (?) divided by 200cc = 450 Pesos per displacement.

R155 is slightly ahead vs the CPI, but not much..

Moto X155 is Php65,000 divided by 155cc = 410 Pesos per cc
And it is Watercooled and has SHOWA suspension

Perhaps Power per Peso should also be factored in?
Moto X/R 155 may have maximum power is 13.5 bhp at 8,000 rpm and maximum torque reaches 1.24 kg.m 7500 rpm.

#75 Fish Sandwich

Fish Sandwich

Ignorance is bliss.

• Elite Member
  • 320 posts
  • 69 thanks
  • 14 topics
  • My Blood Type:O-

Posted 07 April 2012 - 3:28 AM

Posted Image

David, this bike you posted (above) is a Honda CRF450R, complete with aftermarket EVERYTHING (good aftermarket, not what you would find around here), including Pro Circuit Pipe and RG3 suspension. This bike is about as good as it gets for what it is.

... He had some very high end enduro bikes in the show room including a 2012 Honda CRF200 that sells for over 500k along with a 650 I think it was around the same price...

driftR, as near as I can tell, there is no such thing as a CRF200 and that is probably a modded XR200 with CRF fairings or some other modded bike? I'd love to see pics. I'm only 10 minutes from Manduae, what's the name of the shop? Anyway, P500K is extremely overpriced....not even the bike pictured above is worth that, although it's hard to say with import taxes here. OZ racing has/had (haven't been there in a few months) a 2005 CRF450X (looks new, not street legal) for p380k neg....rip-off. Drei bikes has/had a street legal CRF250R for P390K that looked like it had been around the world and back....complete rip-off. If money is no object, here's a great bike that is only mildly overpriced:

http://www.sulit.com...ralKeywords=crf

However, I'd be a little leery of the bike over heating in slow moving traffic. The X on the end (as opposed to R) makes me think it won't under normal circumstances, but usually these high performance water cooled engines need to keep moving. It's also strange that he only has pics of one side of the bike.

Edited by Fish Sandwich, 07 April 2012 - 3:42 AM .

#76 David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay
  • Elite Member
  • 5,047 posts
  • 1283 thanks
  • 494 topics

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

David, this bike you posted (above) is a Honda CRF450R, complete with aftermarket EVERYTHING (good aftermarket, not what you would find around here), including Pro Circuit Pipe and RG3 suspension. This bike is about as good as it gets for what it is.

Matt,

Posted Image

It was posted to that MCX Renegade 250 thread on MCP, by someone giving just parang si renegade lang oh!, with that picture'.

Sha Sha tells me it translates to "Looks like the Renagade, yeah!"

I did not pay it too much attention, to see it was not a cutomised MCX Renegade 250

But i now see it is a water cooled DOHC engine.

A Honda CRF450R you say!

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is AsiaWing Motors version!

Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing

Hi there, we just ried the Asiawing 450 LD here in Kuching (Borneo). You can get some pictures http://picasaweb.goo...m/olivier.rouit . This was just a short try as we had no gear at all! I hope to do a complete testing later in June when I get my gears from France.

Posted Image

This is forsure not a supercross bike, but the engine has a good power, for sure more than KTM LC4 I had few years ago but obviously less than a YZF450. The suspension is quite soft, which means comfortable for cross country off-road, which is exactly what I intend to do here with the hundreds of kms of logging trails around Kuching (see our 4x4 action on my picasa...).

According the mechanic the engine is an exact copy of a 450CRF (it is possible to use those parts on a Honda...)

Here you can get this bike for 3000euros and it looks more than enough to have some fun around! A good value for money. The bike we tried had already been used around 300 hours.

mxonfireC-Moto Noob Join Date: Jun 2010 Posts: 3
#38 06-14-2010, 05:03 AM

Hi guys, im from argentine, here backfire bxf450r its this asiawing bike, i make the service and tech suport for the company that imports the bike here.
We are testing the bike for mx purposes and its amazing.

Here are some pics and videos:

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://youtu.be/riMtTIoxTcM

http://youtu.be/SWhZscppEjc

With a CRF450R replica engine and Alloy Frame and suspension that can seemingly stand up to jumps, it wont be priced like most Chinese Motorcycles!

It is not, since it is priced @ 26800rmb Php179,600

Sells for UER5,000 in Finland. KLX 250 costs 6000€ here (2009 model). DR or KLR are not imported anymore. KTMs costs 14 000€. So the Asiawing is still very cheap when compared, yet people think it is too expensive.

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay, 07 April 2012 - 10:58 AM .

#77 Faluango

Faluango
  • Banned
  • 760 posts
  • 80 thanks
  • 53 topics
  • Local time: 09:14 AM
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 07 April 2012 - 1:29 PM

Like I said, people who believe that China bikes are of low quality are living in the past.
Honda, for example, has been manufacturing most of their motorcycles in China since the 80's!

I've been riding a China bike here in the Philippines for more than 3 months without problems except of the rust on some parts and bolts.
While I was living in China, I was riding an electric China bike, never had any problems except the battery didn't function once in a while but it didn't "fall apart" like some people claim here. The price of my electric bike was 225 US$ brand new.

Actually, money is not a concern. I just wonder why I should buy a Kawasaki or Honda at around 180 thousand while I can actually buy a bike of very similar quality for less than half this price.
I did fix myself some kind of a budget since I found out about the China dirt bikes in real life and said to myself that i'm not going to buy a Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki for 150+ thousand while theres some pretty good bikes available for less than 60 thousand.

I don't want to attack any of the other posters here, but it seems like David_LivinginTalisay is the only knowledgable person on this forum when it comes to off road bikes in Cebu.
He did claim that he is involved in some kind of a business regarding Zongshen but his posts are very informative and correct.

Any person who would recommend an XRM to someone who is looking for an off road bike is completely nuts or doesn't know anything about off road bikes. Never will I buy an XRM while looking for an off road bike. In consider XRM more like a road bike in the Philippines.

I'm still looking at the Rusi KR 150 which in fact is a real 4 stroke dirt bike and not some lame copy. The KR 150 is a real dirt bike and yes, it's cheaper than a Honda XRM because it's been manufactured in the Philippines.

Edited by Faluango, 07 April 2012 - 2:12 PM .

#78 Faluango

Faluango
  • Banned
  • 760 posts
  • 80 thanks
  • 53 topics
  • Local time: 09:14 AM
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 07 April 2012 - 1:52 PM

I know baddog and he was a little drunk when he swore and he is quite sorry for his post. He has not been back to the forum anyway apparently as he felt quite bad but I think it was a bit unfair that David was allowed to personally attack baddog calling him stupid many times a couple of pages back in post. Baddog just got mad when he seen that and responded. I thought that would be the first rule breaking so why is David not also banned? Baddog from what I can see never personally attacked David at first and he only said the bike looked stupid to him but then went on to say later that the bikes might be worth looking at. It seems David became personally upset that his "china bikes" were called stupid. why David may I ask you are so defensive about these bikes that you think are the best thing since sliced bread? If they are that great and No im not a bike expert but shouldn't they speak for themselves if they are so wonderful, why are you so defensive about them and kept putting baddog down at every chance you could?

By the way, he didn't only attack David but he also attacked me.

Edited by Faluango, 07 April 2012 - 1:53 PM .

#79 kiwi

kiwi
  • Sponsor
  • 8 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • 3 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Visited 1 to 5 trips

Posted 07 April 2012 - 1:54 PM

I think youl find between the 125 and 150, the 125 would be the better of the two as it would have usable rev range than the 150. The Rusi dirt birt looks a bit more solid than others ive seen in that range. The main points i like in an Off road bike is a good power to wieght ratio, something not too heavy to lug about when it stops and yeah getting parts easily.

sounds like a great thing to do.. have fun

cheers Kiwi

#80 David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay
  • Elite Member
  • 5,047 posts
  • 1283 thanks
  • 494 topics

Posted 07 April 2012 - 2:17 PM

You should be able to get a 3 year registration for a new vehicle. Demand it.

Think that only applies to Motorcycles over 200cc - or certainly used to bewhen it came in in 2005.

Dont know why NORKIS and Mandau LTO knew nothing about this since my XT225 that I bought from Norkis, in December 2007 was NOT 3 Years Registration, although it could/should have been!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea