• +Global Mod
  • 3,819 posts
  • 1104 thanks
  • 71 topics
  • Local time: 06:16 PM
  • My Blood Type:A+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

these drug mules should do a little research into what country which would treat them well if caught .look no further than the U.K 3 lovely meals a day t.v in your cell ,lots of activities paid work in jail oh yes and you,ll be out in a few years not life yes folks ya can,t beat the good ol U.K welcome to the holiday camp.

If they were able to do any research they probably wouldn't be drug mules

Thanked by 1 Member:
SkyMan

#12 SkyMan

SkyMan

Stripe Rider

• +Global Mod
  • 11,635 posts
  • 2302 thanks
  • 674 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

People just assume and stereotype everyone..just because she is from Africa does not mean she is mule...she might be an innocent victim..god save her soul if she is....

I was under the impression that mules were unknowingly carrying or coersed into carrying. So at least for me, the term mule doesn't mean they're guilty of intentional smuggling. Of course, intentional or not, they did it. Now if there was a small bag stuck into the luggage I can see that might have been done to them unwittingly, but 10 kilos sown into the baggage? Hmmmm

Thanked by 1 Member:
Cary

#13 Cary

Cary
  • Elite Member
  • 9,888 posts
  • 1731 thanks
  • 2,257 topics
  • Local time: 02:16 AM
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

these drug mules should do a little research into what country which would treat them well if caught .look no further than the U.K 3 lovely meals a day t.v in your cell ,lots of activities paid work in jail oh yes and you,ll be out in a few years not life yes folks ya can,t beat the good ol U.K welcome to the holiday camp.

Sadly the States has the UK beat hands down and I mean that.

#14 lazydays

lazydays

Chillaxing

• Elite Member
  • 4,369 posts
  • 1095 thanks
  • 69 topics
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

Sounds like someone had whiff of what was going on to inform the RP authorities.

With regard to Medicinal drugs, do your homework before you travel, the rules vary from country to country.
International Airline sites generally have a guide to what is allowed in and out of various countries.

Edited by lazydays, 28 February 2012 - 04:55 PM.

• Moris likes this

Thanked by 2 Members:
SkyMan , Cary

#15 Cary

Cary
  • Elite Member
  • 9,888 posts
  • 1731 thanks
  • 2,257 topics

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

I was under the impression that mules were unknowingly carrying or coersed into carrying. So at least for me, the term mule doesn't mean they're guilty of intentional smuggling. Of course, intentional or not, they did it. Now if there was a small bag stuck into the luggage I can see that might have been done to them unwittingly, but 10 kilos sown into the baggage? Hmmmm

Correct Skyman. Look I can buy if you can't tell an extra half pound or so. But 10 kilos? C'mon.

#16 Cary

Cary
  • Elite Member
  • 9,888 posts
  • 1731 thanks
  • 2,257 topics

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

With regard to Medicinal drugs, do your homework before you travel, the rules vary from country to country. International Airline sites generally have a guide to what is allowed in and out of various countries. Edited by lazydays, Today, 12:55 AM.

Good point Lazydays. If you have a medical condition and you are traveling internationally check before you buy the ticket if you can. Also I would talk to your doctor as well.

#17 Cary

Cary
  • Elite Member
  • 9,888 posts
  • 1731 thanks
  • 2,257 topics

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

Oh I forgot to mention again, pack your own bag. Do not take any luggage from someone else. I remember when I left the States and I was being checked by security at the airport, they were all amazed at the size of my back pack and wanted to know what was in it. I opened it and showed them the 2 laptops and the bundles of clothes I used as cushion. I did not trust them in my luggage with the way they throw them around.
  • Moris likes this

#18 Wombat No More

Wombat No More
  • Banned
  • 3,687 posts
  • 1778 thanks
  • 333 topics
  • My Blood Type:O-

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Nah mate, try Oz, remember I worked in prisons in 2 States there... I resigned just before they moved everyone from the oldest prison in the Sthern Hemisphere (1838) into a new 5 story remand centre where every room/cell had TV/music and each floor had a fully fitted out modern gym and there was a 25 mtr heated swimming pool for the inmates downstairs. Terrible terrible place for these innocents of society.

Anyway, more to the point in reply to your post... It's bloody well a LOT warmer in Oz than Pommyland mate and therefore several degrees more comfortable for our little darlings

Sounds like someone had whiff of what was going on to inform the RP authorities.

With regard to Medicinal drugs, do your homework before you travel, the rules vary from country to country.
International Airline sites generally have a guide to what is allowed in and out of various countries.

Which is why, travelling to the Phils, often via Singapore, I carry a letter from my doctor listing all the drugs I have, especially the strong codeine pain killer tabs whereby I bring in 300 of them. I stock up every time I go to Oz as it saves a lot of dough and one can't get the panaedine forte here either and nothin else works...

Edited by WombatPhil, 29 February 2012 - 12:51 AM.

#19 Moris

Moris
  • Elite Member
  • 348 posts
  • 221 thanks
  • 26 topics
  • Local time: 10:16 PM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Visited 1 to 5 trips

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

http://www.philstar....ubCategoryId=63

Gutierrez revealed that they had received information from their foreign counterparts about the arrival of the contraband.

Syrian woman arrested at NAIA for carrying 2 marijuana sticks

http://globalnation....arijuana-sticks

#20 senseless

senseless
  • Banned
  • 1,769 posts
  • 340 thanks
  • 96 topics

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

HS;

I totally agree. I mean that. I personally believe drug pushers should face the death penalty. I know most do not agree with me but thats what I believe. It will not stop the drug trade but I will bet anyone a dollar to donuts that in countries with the death penalty the drug rate is a lot lower than in countries which are more progressive so called.

Thats just stupid. If people want something, they will find a way to get it. Shortening supply only increases price, and thus profit for any said dealers. Also, a pusher is not the same thing as a mule. A pusher would be someone trying to get people to use drugs for their first time. Either via peer pressure, or other methods. A mule is someone who carries drugs from point a to point b. The thing about mules is that, 99.999% of the time it's not their drugs. Do you honestly think that some lady from kenya could afford 1 million street value of shabu? They're poorer than the philippines!! It's likely she was smuggling for some cartel or group (perhaps for her life, or the life of a family member). If someone kidnapped your kid and said the only way you can get him back is to take a bag to another country, would you do it? Also keep in mind the value of a woman in Arab countries. It would not surprise me to learn she was forced to do this.

Also, it seems very likely that they would have no caught her if they were not informed. Who informed them? Where did they get the information? Anonymous tip? The whole thing seems suspect.

I don't understand every time there is a news story like this everyone is like "kill them" without even asking or getting basic questions answered. I guess it's par for the course of some of the fellas here though.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Your Company Name