• Elite
  • 4,876 posts
  • 1731 thanks
  • 2,257 topics
  • Local time: 04:56 AM
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

Manila (Philippine Daily Inquirer/ANN) - A Kenyan woman was caught trying to smuggle nearly 10 kg of ¿shabu,¿ or methamphetamine hydrochloride, into the country from the United Arab Emirates on Friday, the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) said Saturday.
Lina Aching Noah, 36, was arrested after customs inspectors found the illegal drugs, with a street value of about P45 million, in the lining of her luggage at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, PDEA Director General Jose Gutierrez Jr. said.
Noah, a suspected member of an African drug syndicate, arrived in the country at 7 p.m. on Friday on an Emirates flight from Dubai, Gutierrez said.
The PDEA said that prior to her arrest, it had received a tip from a foreign counterpart agency about Noah, prompting agents to coordinate with the Bureau of Immigration and Bureau of Customs to intercept her.
Noah is being held at the PDEA-National Capital Region detention facility.

http://ph.news.yahoo...-071005943.html

#2 Headshot

Headshot

My Wife's Teddy Bear

• +Global Mod
  • 15,556 posts
  • 5500 thanks
  • 340 topics
  • Local time: 08:56 PM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

They should just put her (with her drugs) on the next plane to China. I understand they have some tougher penalties for carrying drugs than the Philippines do.
  • lazydays likes this

Thanked by 1 Member:
SkyMan

#3 Wombat No More

Wombat No More
  • Banned
  • 4,693 posts
  • 1778 thanks
  • 333 topics
  • My Blood Type:O-

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

Well look at that, silly girl. She will spend the next 50 plus years until she dies, in jail in a foreign country, with no hope of seeing anybody she has ever known again...

I just remembered... there was another African, I think Kenyan, arrested just a few short weeks ago for the same thing... I guess they'll become best buddies now.

Edited by WombatPhil, 27 February 2012 - 10:59 PM .

#4 Cary

Cary
  • Elite
  • 4,876 posts
  • 1731 thanks
  • 2,257 topics
  • Local time: 04:56 AM
  • My Blood Type:O+

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

They should just put her (with her drugs) on the next plane to China. I understand they have some tougher penalties for carrying drugs than the Philippines do.

HS;

I totally agree. I mean that. I personally believe drug pushers should face the death penalty. I know most do not agree with me but thats what I believe. It will not stop the drug trade but I will bet anyone a dollar to donuts that in countries with the death penalty the drug rate is a lot lower than in countries which are more progressive so called.
  • lazydays and mecares like this

Thanked by 1 Member:
SkyMan

#5 ArieBombarie

ArieBombarie
  • Sponsor
  • 1,877 posts
  • 314 thanks
  • 26 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Visited 6 to 9 trips

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

HS;

I totally agree. I mean that. I personally believe drug pushers should face the death penalty. I know most do not agree with me but thats what I believe. It will not stop the drug trade but I will bet anyone a dollar to donuts that in countries with the death penalty the drug rate is a lot lower than in countries which are more progressive so called.

the drug mules tend to be sad characters though

btw the Dutch figures of drug use are way below our surounding countries who have less liberal policies

meth of course is disgusting stuff but there are plenty of drugs that do not threaten the population healthy much or not more then legal drugs as alcohol do
  • Justin Kredible likes this

Thanked by 1 Member:
Ravenkill

#6 broden

broden

Fuhgeddaboudit

• +Forum Admin
  • 29,920 posts
  • 7420 thanks
  • 4,458 topics
  • Local time: 06:56 AM
  • My Blood Type:No option.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 2:10 AM

is there a shortage in the RP now that they are having to begin importing?

#7 easy44

easy44

Janitor

• +Global Mod
  • 4,996 posts
  • 1358 thanks
  • 83 topics
  • My Blood Type:A+

Posted 28 February 2012 - 9:01 AM

Well look at that, silly girl. She will spend the next 50 plus years until she dies, in jail in a foreign country, with no hope of seeing anybody she has ever known again...

I just remembered... there was another African, I think Kenyan, arrested just a few short weeks ago for the same thing... I guess they'll become best buddies now.

The family sent the second one over for company.
  • Wombat No More likes this

#8 Moris

Moris
  • Elite
  • 348 posts
  • 221 thanks
  • 26 topics
  • Local time: 12:56 AM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Visited 1 to 5 trips

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

Don't jump to conclusions guys...this sounds fishy...She boarded a flight from UAE, in Dubai, which has the most sophisticated Drug alert system in the whole wide world and are known to convict innocent passengers on fake drug bust to get incentive and many countries have issued notices on to be careful in dubai airport, they even convict you, if you have pain killers, if your bag brushes off with 0.003 micro grams of cannibis you will be put in prison...read here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7234786.stm

http://boingboing.ne...scary-drug.html

http://www.guardian....ates.travelnews
Drug laws make Dubai the riskiest destination for unwary travelers

· Even painkillers can land the innocent in prison

---------------

Knowing how tough it is to smuggle drugs from UAE, why would drug syndicate use that airport and funny thing is, selling drugs in UAE would be 100 times profitable than Philippines pesos..drugs syndicates are evil but not stupid..they could have landed from Kenya itself to PH....

People just assume and stereotype everyone..just because she is from Africa does not mean she is mule...she might be an innocent victim..god save her soul if she is....
  • newtocebu likes this

#9 tiger31

tiger31
  • Sponsor
  • 1,036 posts
  • 203 thanks
  • 72 topics
  • My Blood Type:A-

Posted 28 February 2012 - 4:03 PM

I just remembered... there was another African, I think Kenyan, arrested just a few short weeks ago for the same thing... I guess they'll become best buddies

your right phil she got life in jail a few weeks ago ah well at least she,ll be able to swap stories lol in fact lots of stories.

#10 tiger31

tiger31
  • Sponsor
  • 1,036 posts
  • 203 thanks
  • 72 topics
  • My Blood Type:A-

Posted 28 February 2012 - 4:12 PM

these drug mules should do a little research into what country which would treat them well if caught .look no further than the U.K 3 lovely meals a day t.v in your cell ,lots of activities paid work in jail oh yes and you,ll be out in a few years not life yes folks ya can,t beat the good ol U.K welcome to the holiday camp.

Thanked by 1 Member:
gmn47

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea