• Elite Member
  • 1,127 posts
  • 235 thanks
  • 133 topics
  • Local time: 05:20 PM
  • My Blood Type:A-
  • Philippines:Visited 1 to 5 trips

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

my bad - thanks guys !!!   Mr Kruschev it was !!   One of my favourite USSR leaders

I'm a big fan of Gorbachev. He oversaw the demise of the USSR and he could have unleashed hell but he didn't. He should have got the Nobel Peace Prize.
  • Davaoeno likes this

#32 Davaoeno

Davaoeno
  • Elite Member
  • 16,194 posts
  • 4613 thanks
  • 196 topics
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

I am too passionate about the issue of the US involvement in world affairs to not start a war here, so will desist at this point. At least I know that - no matter what our views on such things- we all ultimately want the same thing - to live and raise our kids and grandchildren in a peaceful world
  • the.lone.gunman, sperman and Experienced like this

Thanked by 3 Members:
CNE Tower , SkyMan , DrSmith

#33 afmayer

afmayer

afmayer

• Sponsor
  • 1,919 posts
  • 536 thanks
  • 39 topics
  • Local time: 05:20 AM
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

I am too passionate about the issue of the US involvement in world affairs to not start a war here, so will desist at this point. At least I know that - no matter what our views on such things- we all ultimately want the same thing - to live and raise our kids and grandchildren in a peaceful world

It sounds like worthy new topic material as it obviously doesn't fit this topic.

#34 Ungaro

Ungaro

My member has no title

• Sponsor
  • 274 posts
  • 150 thanks
  • 17 topics

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

I would not give too much credibility to propaganda and synthetic news churned out by the war machine (it sounds too ugly in German: "Wehrmacht").

Here are some incovenient facts.
(1) Iran has been enriching uranium to 20%, good enough for power generation. Weaponized uranium needs to be 90% enriched, "dirty bombs" of far less power need to be 80 - 85% enriched. Iran is at least two years away from the capability to enrich beyond 20 - 30%.
(2) Iran will need at least another year after that to create a delivery platform.
(3) Iran, the once great empire of Persia, has not attacked anyone in the past 400 years. The war with Iraq started when Iraq invaded Iran.
(4) Israel is more than capable of defending itself. They may not do it the way we would, bombing the crap out of Iran because it makes great headlines, but by slitting the throats of the nuclear physicists and putting whole facilities out of commission with small commando teams.
(5) The US is in pretty bad financial shape and the economy is lackluster at best. Perhaps it is not another war we should be thinking about right now.

Full coverage of the topic here.
  • samatm and InternetTough like this

Thanked by 3 Members:
CNE Tower , DrSmith , InternetTough

#35 the.lone.gunman

the.lone.gunman

Lou

• Elite Member
  • 1,127 posts
  • 235 thanks
  • 133 topics
  • My Blood Type:A-
  • Philippines:Visited 1 to 5 trips

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

Iran's talk is all bullshit and bluster, maybe even delusional. If Israel attacked, Iran's ICBM's would be hit first along with the airfields and power grids and radars. Retaliation on Israel would be minimal, it might be an acceptable risk to them. The nuclear sites would be hit next. The Iranian navy would not be a problem because the US has stated that the Straits of Hormuz will remain open. The Iranian navy and seaports would not last 24 hours. Iran would be left with its army on the ground but Iran could not project any power outside its own borders. And it would be dark in Iran for a long time.

#36 dealer

dealer
  • Sponsor
  • 72 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • 14 topics
  • Philippines:Visited 6 to 9 trips

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

The Iranians ,very much like Nth Korea a danger to world peace ,With China now fast becomming the world power to watch ,the world is not a safer place for our children,. very concerning .for the West

#37 Cary

Cary
  • Elite Member
  • 4,876 posts
  • 1731 thanks
  • 2,257 topics
  • Local time: 01:20 AM
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

With Iran please remember they laughed at Obama when he gave his open hand comment after being sworn into office. You had Iranian students using Youtuve, FB, etc. and all analysts from CNN to MSNBC said the same thing that they wanted Obama to just give vocal support right before the Mullas killed the feeds and had their death squads arresting and killing those that spoke up. You have Amadenajad every time he goes to the UN he gives is I hate Israel, he knows no one will publicly support him and he does not care. Now they have the bomb and don't fool yourself that they do not. Its been proven they are the suppliers for the terrorists in the Middle East and the resistance in Iraq.They scare me. If they do not scare you and you really believe they have peaceful motives I do not know what to tell you.
  • Jack_be_nimble, the.lone.gunman, Bill H and 1 other like this

#38 Wombat No More

Wombat No More
  • Banned
  • 4,693 posts
  • 1778 thanks
  • 333 topics
  • My Blood Type:O-

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

Its time for the Iranians to stand up for themselves and show the West that they wont be bullied anymore !! The US and Britain have shown over and over that they have no respect for other nations sovereignty and that they will do anything that they feel necessary to steal the worlds oil to run their own industry - without regard for anyone else, and without regard for the environment. Last time they used the bogus excuse that there were " weapons of mass destruction " This time the rallying cry is that they have to stop the Iranians from getting nuclear power !! In the 1960's they invaded Viet Nam on the basis that they had to stop the " domino affect" .

Wow, you really are a misinformed little vegemite aren't you... Or a real shit stirrer...

Thanked by 2 Members:
greatplace , dennis1105

#39 Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

Bowsie Wowsie

• Sponsor
  • 8,695 posts
  • 2595 thanks
  • 598 topics
  • Local time: 05:20 AM
  • My Blood Type:O-
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

Wow, you really are a misinformed little vegemite aren't you... Or a real shit stirrer...

....................me thinks he is teasing buddy! I could be wrong..............

Edited by Mr. Mike, 22 February 2012 - 10:57 AM .

#40 samatm

samatm
  • Sponsor
  • 3,490 posts
  • 575 thanks
  • 208 topics
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

I pretty much go along with Ron Paul on Iran. Finally a Republican that at least thinks through his statements whether you agree with them or not.

The accounts I have read is that Iranian Mulllah centric government is losing its grip on power. What it needs to ensure its survival is an Israeli led and western backed attack. He his obviously baiting Israel to unleash an attack of some sort. Why is this not 100% clear to everyone?

Thanked by 1 Member:
DrSmith

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea