Comfy Theme© by Fisana

Photo

New DFA Office - Pacific Mall in Mandaue ( anyone been there ? )

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 newtocebu

newtocebu

Artista

• Elite Member
  • 630 posts
  • 210 thanks
  • 43 topics
  • Local time: 10:05 PM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

Well, the title says it all..

We are looking at renewing my wife's passport. I have just learned today that the DFA has moved to the new Pacific Mall-Super Metro in Mandaue. I am not familiar with this area at all, and cant find it on any maps. As far as I can tell, it is on United Nations Ave, but where exactly ? Can someone give me a landmark or an intersection it is near ?

Secondly, has anyone ( anyones partner ) had to apply for a new passport / renewal there ? How long have you had to wait if you did not arrange an appointment prior ? ( earliest appointment we can get is end of Feb )

Thanks in advance..

#2 RetiredNavyGuy

RetiredNavyGuy
  • Sponsor
  • 598 posts
  • 357 thanks
  • 35 topics
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

We are looking at renewing my wife's passport. I have just learned today that the DFA has moved to the new Pacific Mall-Super Metro in Mandaue. I am not familiar with this area at all, and cant find it on any maps. As far as I can tell, it is on United Nations Ave, but where exactly ? Can someone give me a landmark or an intersection it is near ?

Secondly, has anyone ( anyones partner ) had to apply for a new passport / renewal there ? How long have you had to wait if you did not arrange an appointment prior ? ( earliest appointment we can get is end of Feb )

Thanks in advance..

Can't respond to the "how long" part of the question since my fiance applied at the old location, but picked up at the new location. However, it is a much nicer set-up. Super Metro is at the intersection of the North Highway and United Nations Ave. ...note, UN Ave ends there...the end of the road away from the bridge.

Thanked by 1 Member:
newtocebu

#3 ckfm

ckfm
  • Sponsor
  • 3,004 posts
  • 151 thanks
  • 65 topics
  • Local time: 06:05 AM
  • My Blood Type:No option.

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

It is the old Metro Mandaue, now called Pacific Mall, enough parking underground

Thanked by 1 Member:
newtocebu

#4 Headshot

Headshot

My Wife's Teddy Bear

• +Global Mod
  • 14,426 posts
  • 5243 thanks
  • 334 topics

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

Thanks in advance..

We went to the new DFA to get my daughter's Philippine passport. However, we went through Destination Travel (next to the Philippine Airlines office on the Upper Ground level in the SM City Mall. The passport cost 1200 pesos (which is DFA's OT charge which means you get it quickly), and Destination charges an extra 300 pesos to set everything up for you (well worth it from my perspective). You can get it a bit cheaper if you aren't in a hurry.

Your appointment will be a week or two after you set it up throught Destination Travel (depending on how busy DFA is at the time of year you do it). When you set it up (fill out the passport application at Destination Travel), Destination will call the DFA to set the appointment and you will have the appointment time and date before you leave Destination Travel. Then, you show up at DFA (4th floor of Pacific Mall) a bit before the appointment time and Destination's agent will usher you through the whole process. It was completely painless doing it this way, and we were done in about two hours (you still have to go through some lines, but they are much shorter).

If you attempt to do it all yourself, you have to show up at 5 AM and you will be there all day long waiting in lines. For that, you will save 300 pesos. DFA has special arrangements with travel agencies to do this. Though you may see this like fixers, the DFA does not. Only agents from the travel agencies are allowed in the DFA offices and they are issued identification cards by DFA.
  • samatm and Wombat No More like this

If you don't know da rules, please read them.

If you do know da rules, please follow them.

Thanked by 2 Members:
Experienced , newtocebu

#5 newtocebu

newtocebu

Artista

• Elite Member
  • 630 posts
  • 210 thanks
  • 43 topics

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:58 AM

We went to the new DFA to get my daughter's Philippine passport. However, we went through Destination Travel (next to the Philippine Airlines office on the Upper Ground level in the SM City Mall. The passport cost 1200 pesos (which is DFA's OT charge which means you get it quickly), and Destination charges an extra 300 pesos to set everything up for you (well worth it from my perspective). You can get it a bit cheaper if you aren't in a hurry.

Your appointment will be a week or two after you set it up throught Destination Travel (depending on how busy DFA is at the time of year you do it). When you set it up (fill out the passport application at Destination Travel), Destination will call the DFA to set the appointment and you will have the appointment time and date before you leave Destination Travel. Then, you show up at DFA (4th floor of Pacific Mall) a bit before the appointment time and Destination's agent will usher you through the whole process. It was completely painless doing it this way, and we were done in about two hours (you still have to go through some lines, but they are much shorter).

If you attempt to do it all yourself, you have to show up at 5 AM and you will be there all day long waiting in lines. For that, you will save 300 pesos. DFA has special arrangements with travel agencies to do this. Though you may see this like fixers, the DFA does not. Only agents from the travel agencies are allowed in the DFA offices and they are issued identification cards by DFA.

Thanks for the info..

We did inquire with a travel agency at Mactan Gaisano. Their charge ( including the 'rushed' passport ) is 1,900p, and told us that the soonest available appointment is at the end of Feb ( without even making a call ). They even suggested that it would be easier to do it all ourselves.

We will go and see the people at Destination Travel, as they may have a bit more 'clout' with the DFA and could possibly get us an earlier appointment.

Thanks again..

Edited by newtocebu, 01 February 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#6 samatm

samatm
  • Sponsor
  • 3,457 posts
  • 572 thanks
  • 207 topics
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

@ headshot so how long did it take to receive your pps? We got ours last year and it took nearly 2 months due to a backlog in MANILA. At the time the story was that Manila had equipment malfunction and was running at only 1/2 capacity. So Glad DFA moved. We had ours processed at the old dumpy location location. YES get an agent to walk you through. Boys and Girls wear a collar shirt/blouse or jacket or they will give a something to wear . Have fun with it.

Edited by samatm, 01 February 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#7 newtocebu

newtocebu

Artista

• Elite Member
  • 630 posts
  • 210 thanks
  • 43 topics

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

Well, we went to see the people at Destination Travel this morning, and it seems that their fees have changed ( quite significantly ) since they processed your daughters application. They quoted my wife 1,800p for 'regular' service, and 2,500p for 'rushed'. They too said that the earliest appointment would be on the 3rd of March. It seems that they do a consolidated appointment where they keep a bunch of applications to do on the same day.

My wife likes to save time and money where possible, and has decided to go into the DFA early tomorrow to do it herself. We stopped off at Pacific Mall-Super Metro on the way home to check it out. The guard told her that they hand out priority numbers at 07:00 and the office opens by 09:00, and said that "its up to you" when my wife asked what time she should arrive to line up.

Thanked by 1 Member:
Experienced

#8 ancienrocka

ancienrocka
  • Elite Member
  • 906 posts
  • 362 thanks
  • 79 topics
  • My Blood Type:A-
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

If it is the same as the old DFA, they will only allow the first 200 people in on any given day.

We sent Elsa's brother down to hold the place in the queue very early, 3am, and came along later - she was finished by 10am ( but they did open at 8am then).
Posted Image

#9 newtocebu

newtocebu

Artista

• Elite Member
  • 630 posts
  • 210 thanks
  • 43 topics

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

I dropped my wife off at Pacific Mall at 5am this morning to renew her passport. A line of people had already formed by the time we got there.

The guard came out at 8am and handed out priority numbers. My wifes was # 63, and she was told to expect processing to start at 10am.

At around 10:30, her number was called and her application was processed, and she was out the door by 11:00.

She only applied for the 'regular' service at 950p ( grrr I told her to pay the extra 250p for 'rushed' ), and was told that the passport will be ready for collection ( grrr I told her to just have it posted ) on March 17th.

Fingers crossed...

#10 billten

billten
  • Elite Member
  • 1,094 posts
  • 387 thanks
  • 70 topics
  • Local time: 11:05 PM
  • My Blood Type:No option.

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

I was there yesterday, paid the 1,200 and was told to pick the passports up on Feb 24th.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea