• Sponsor
  • 2,606 posts
  • 926 thanks
  • 136 topics
  • Local time: 07:32 AM
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:14 PM

We're getting near that wedding planning stage. Yippee!

We stopped by a wedding dress store today. The dresses were elaborate and seemingly expensive. They want P40,000 to purchase, or P20,000 to rent. I thought it was weird that the rental price is half the purchase price, but I don't really want to spend that much either. Perhaps the store was above average, but it was the first one we have checked.

Can anyone recommend a location to buy or rent a wedding dress? Or, perhaps know a custom tailor to make one?

Thanked by 1 Member:
Cary

#2 tiger31

tiger31
  • Sponsor
  • 1,036 posts
  • 203 thanks
  • 72 topics
  • My Blood Type:A-
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:23 PM

yeh i recommend you don,t get married thats even cheaper lol
  • A_Simple_Man and Zamora like this

#3 broden

broden

Fuhgeddaboudit

• +Forum Admin
  • 29,115 posts
  • 6815 thanks
  • 4,255 topics
  • Local time: 06:32 PM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:06 PM

my wife had her dress made by a seamstress who worked at Familia House but she also had a shop of her own in a strip in Inayawan but my wife can't remember exactly where or her name off hand, as it's been while
we paid about 10,000(maybe a little less) for 6 dresses total the brides 2 flower girls 2 brides maids and 1 maid of honor, to keep not to rent. 5500 of that was for labor

total custom job from top to bottom, the price includes the material that my wife went found on her own, bought it after showing the woman her designs the woman who looked at them gave her some measurements so my wife would know how much to buy

so anyway we've been married ten years so figure she got all that 10.5 11 years ago something in there..

maybe not much specific help but anyway what i would do is something like that find a retired or semiretired seamstress or one that works on the side like this woman with her own shop..

she may still be there for all i know my wife guesses she was only 10 years older than us. she did incredible work

my wife thinks her name might be Addie .. first name anyway

congrats and good luck

Edited by broden, 16 October 2011 - 1:20 AM .

• TheMatrix likes this

With a cheery smile and a wave of his hand he wandered off to an unknown land.

Not all those who wander are lost.

Thanked by 1 Member:
TheMatrix

#4 Headshot

Headshot

My Wife's Teddy Bear

• +Global Mod
  • 15,192 posts
  • 5390 thanks
  • 336 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:07 PM

Steve, here's what we did. We went through Heavenly Weddings on Gorrordo to put together our whole wedding. They did a great job with a package deal. It really cut down on the hassles and headaches. They have several different packages. As part of the deal, my wife rented her dress as a first-user, which meant that she could use any design she wished and they would make the dress. Then, after the wedding, they would rent the dress out to other brides. She found the design she wanted by browsing the David's Bridal website (http://www.davidsbri...se_Bridal-Gowns ), and printed the picture of the dress she liked for Heavenly Weddings. Then, they made a reasonable facsimile of the dress (it wasn't exact, but close). I don't know if they make dresses without a package, but it is probably worth your while to at least check out Heavenly Weddings (http://www.heavenlyweddingscebu.com/ ). Their shop is a small storefront on Gorrordo, right across from the street that goes to Ayala Mall. They made our wedding and reception very memorable.

Edited by Headshot, 15 October 2011 - 11:26 PM .

• TheMatrix likes this

If you don't know da rules, please read them.

If you do know da rules, please follow them.

Thanked by 2 Members:
TheMatrix , FirstTimeInCebu

#5 mpt1947

mpt1947

EX LinC Ass Kisser

• +Forum Mod
  • 3,153 posts
  • 1557 thanks
  • 155 topics

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:23 PM

We're getting near that wedding planning stage. Yippee!

We stopped by a wedding dress store today. The dresses were elaborate and seemingly expensive. They want P40,000 to purchase, or P20,000 to rent. I thought it was weird that the rental price is half the purchase price, but I don't really want to spend that much either. Perhaps the store was above average, but it was the first one we have checked.

Can anyone recommend a location to buy or rent a wedding dress? Or, perhaps know a custom tailor to make one?

Hi Steve,

This is the place we used - they have at least two locations in Cebu - we used the one in Talisay

CONTACT INFORMATION: CEBU PELAEZ -#40 TANSUCHING BLDG, PELAEZ ST. CEBU CITY -032-4167900 -09176341990 ... MANDAUE -FORTUNA BLDG, A C CORTEZ CORNER PLARIDEL ST. MANDAUE CITY -032-4204040 -09176341743 TALISAY- HIGHWAY TABUNOK, TALISAY CITY, NEAR ST. JOSEPH CHURCH -032-4917543 -...

Besides the wedding dresses, they can handle the entire package - Brides Maids, Groom's Men Flower girls ringer bearer's the whole nine yards

Also Paul (Ancienrocka) does wedding planning - he might have some better recommendations

Good Luck and Have Fun - if she smiles looking at anyone particular dress - why spoil it for a few hundred Bucks?

Edited by mpt1947, 15 October 2011 - 11:24 PM .

Thanked by 1 Member:
TheMatrix

#6 Headshot

Headshot

My Wife's Teddy Bear

• +Global Mod
  • 15,192 posts
  • 5390 thanks
  • 336 topics

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:28 PM

Hi Steve,

This is the place we used - they have at least two locations in Cebu - we used the one in Talisay

CONTACT INFORMATION: CEBU PELAEZ -#40 TANSUCHING BLDG, PELAEZ ST. CEBU CITY -032-4167900 -09176341990 ... MANDAUE -FORTUNA BLDG, A C CORTEZ CORNER PLARIDEL ST. MANDAUE CITY -032-4204040 -09176341743 TALISAY- HIGHWAY TABUNOK, TALISAY CITY, NEAR ST. JOSEPH CHURCH -032-4917543 -...

Besides the wedding dresses, they can handle the entire package - Brides Maids, Groom's Men Flower girls ringer bearer's the whole nine yards

I think that's called Noell West Bridal.

Thanked by 1 Member:
TheMatrix

#7 mpt1947

mpt1947

EX LinC Ass Kisser

• +Forum Mod
  • 3,153 posts
  • 1557 thanks
  • 155 topics

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

I think that's called Noell West Bridal.

Damn, you are right - I am tired I edited the post and still left out the name - Thank You Sir

#8 thebob

thebob

The one and only.

• VIP
  • 10,679 posts
  • 2680 thanks
  • 346 topics
  • Local time: 08:32 AM
  • My Blood Type:AB+
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:27 AM

I can't help in any way but congratulations! I'm sure everything will turn out fine.
  • TheMatrix likes this

Thanked by 1 Member:
TheMatrix

#9 Cipro

Cipro

100% Real Turkey

• Sponsor
  • 5,762 posts
  • 1233 thanks
  • 88 topics
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate

Posted 16 October 2011 - 1:00 AM

No matter how svelte you get Steve, it's not going to be a good look for you.

Thanked by 1 Member:
TheMatrix

#10 johnormoc

johnormoc

Jeepney Driver

• Sponsor
  • 492 posts
  • 368 thanks
  • 38 topics
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 16 October 2011 - 1:14 AM

It might seem unorthodox, but ebay has great deals on new wedding dresses and most of the sellers will ship worldwide. There are literally thousands to choose from with most under $150. You can order any size you want and if its not a perfect fit it would only cost a couple hundred pesos to have it further tailored. My friend did it and had no problems with it being delivered to the Phils and it was far better than anything he could find locally. Much cheaper too.

Thanked by 1 Member:
TheMatrix

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea