Comfy Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Anyone here using a Globe WiMAX HUAWEI BM622 or BM622i Modem? Admin access can be yours.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 South'rn Boy

South'rn Boy

Southern by the Grace of God

• +Founder
  • 30,328 posts
  • 6737 thanks
  • 3,832 topics
  • Local time: 05:10 AM
  • My Blood Type:AB+
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:03 AM

I am still unable to log on to secure sites through my Globe WiMAX Huawei BM622i Modem. But, that is what caused me to search around in order to find a way to have admin access to this unit. (Until now, I have not been able to change any settings in the modem.) Even the most simple options were unreachable to change, because the only access you are granted upon install, is "user". Now, with this little piece of software, you (possibly) can have admin access, thereby being able to change the firewall, DNS, and other settings inside the modem.

I don't think it will work on units with updated firmware, according to what I have found, but it worked on mine. If your unit has the updated firmware nothing will happen. It just will not let you log on. So, it's worth a try either way.

1. Download the attached file (directly below) and save it on your desktop:

Attached File  wimax password generator.rar   762.31KB   826 downloads

2. Unzip the file. This will create a folder on the desktop by the same title. Double click on the folder.
3. Look at the bottom of your modem and make note of the MAC address.
4. In the folder, double click on the file "ExcelAccess.exe".

Posted Image

5. Enter the MAC address from the bottom of your modem, in the window at the top of the program.

Posted Image

6. Click the "Generate" button. This will reveal your admin password.

Posted Image

6. Using your web browser, enter the IP Address, http://192.168.254.1/, in the address window and load the address (Steps 1 and 2 in the photo below).
7. Enter "admin" in the "Username" window and the password the program generated for you, in the "Password" window. (Steps 3 and 4 in the photo below.)
8. Click "Login". (Step 5 in the photo below.)

Posted Image

9. You should now be logged in with administrator access on your Huawei BM622i WiMAX Modem.

Posted Image

Now, I need some help. If anyone has one of these and you are able to secure administrator access on your modem, please tell me, what the hell I tick (or untick) to make this thing allow me access to secure websites!? The first thing I did was to change the DNS. I also was able to fix my issue blocking me from using torrents. But, for the life of me, I cannot load any secure (https:) sites.

Thanked by 1 Member:
SkyMan

#2 Stranded Shipscook

Stranded Shipscook

Cybertroll's Nightmare :-)

• Elite Member
  • 4,679 posts
  • 3485 thanks
  • 376 topics
  • Local time: 06:10 AM
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:13 AM

I had "some" access using Norsemans method, contact him please. He knows all the links and has a few other tips.

I could find out again, but currently i am using our staff PC as the original one where all is saved including the steps and other things i did further on, has this overheating problem.

The secure "website problem" of you i can not really recall, i was mingling more with speed and other settings.

Which were "resetted" promptly by Globe.

#3 South'rn Boy

South'rn Boy

Southern by the Grace of God

• +Founder
  • 30,328 posts
  • 6737 thanks
  • 3,832 topics
  • Local time: 05:10 AM
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:21 AM

I did the same thing. Speed, I'm not too worried about. I have changed a few settings that has helped in that department.

Hopefully someone will be able to chime in here and give me an answer or two.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea