#1 negrito

negrito
  • Inactive Member
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 1 topics
  • Local time: 01:29 AM

Posted 24 September 2007 - 04:33 PM

i am planning to send some balikbayan boxes to the philippines , i have seen a company called mr van but they are slow to respond to e mails. has anyone used them of can reccomend another place to use

#2 Bob Ward

Bob Ward

Talisay Rocks

• Banned
  • 4,783 posts
  • 1186 thanks
  • 211 topics
  • Local time: 09:29 PM
  • My Blood Type:A+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:01 PM

i am planning to send some balikbayan boxes to the philippines , i have seen a company called mr van but they are slow to respond to e mails. has anyone used them of can reccomend another place to use

http://www.manilaforwarder.com/

#3 Tatoosh

Tatoosh

Balding Scullery Boy

• Inactive Member
  • 1,326 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • 67 topics

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:53 PM

Where in the Philippines are you shipping too? It seems to me that LBC is ubiquitous here, with an office about every other block. Kind of the Starbucks of Balikbayan. I've used them to ship to Cavite once and it worked fine. I am having a number of boxes shipped over this month in fact.

In the US they are called: LBC Mabuhay USA Corp. and have offices in many different places, but no website apparently.

Edited by Tatoosh, 24 September 2007 - 07:00 PM.

#4 Bet_Busta

Bet_Busta
  • Elite Member
  • 1,465 posts
  • 154 thanks
  • 17 topics
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:12 PM

Somewhere in this forum is a thread about Forex.

http://www.forexworl.../about/offices/

#5 Jaybee

Jaybee
  • Inactive Member
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 0 topics

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:29 PM

I used Mr. Van, back at the end of last year to send 9 boxes from the UK to Cebu, George(mrvan) handled everything very well for me & I had no problems with customs, and the boxes arrived at my door in Cebu about 8 weeks after they were collected in the UK (xmas got in the way so took a little longer than usual).

His response to my 1st enquiry by email was in less than 3 hours complete with a cell phone number to ring him on, a quick discussion, followed by payment into his bank ensured that my boxes were collected next day.

I would fire another email off to him.

hope this helps

jaybee

#6 fred42

fred42
  • Elite Member
  • 1,052 posts
  • 146 thanks
  • 54 topics
  • Local time: 01:29 AM

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:30 PM

He`s vague with his pricing and obnoxious on the phone..Just our experience.
We use Belwood UK..Excellent service..No complaints at all.

I used Mr. Van, back at the end of last year to send 9 boxes from the UK to Cebu, George(mrvan) handled everything very well for me & I had no problems with customs, and the boxes arrived at my door in Cebu about 8 weeks after they were collected in the UK (xmas got in the way so took a little longer than usual).

His response to my 1st enquiry by email was in less than 3 hours complete with a cell phone number to ring him on, a quick discussion, followed by payment into his bank ensured that my boxes were collected next day.

I would fire another email off to him.

hope this helps

jaybee

#7 Bob Ward

Bob Ward

Talisay Rocks

• Banned
  • 4,783 posts
  • 1186 thanks
  • 211 topics
  • My Blood Type:A+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:53 PM

Ahh, negrito is in the UK. That would have been nice to know before!

#8 Mike S

Mike S
  • Inactive Member
  • 1,804 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • 266 topics

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:42 PM

http://www.manilaforwarder.com/

Wow Bob ..... I got all excited until I read their website ........ seems you have to find your own boxes .... they recommend U-Haul ....... also all boxes must be sent by UPS or Fedex to Calif for delivery to the Phils ......... I choose a large box that weighed 30 lbs ....... (now we know no self respecting Filipino would ever send something less than 100lbs ....lol) and the cost to Calif was $35.50 now you have to add that to Manila Forwards cost to ship from Calif to ....... say Cebu ........ man that could get expensive in a hurry ........

But at least it is another alternative to the other shippers ........ thanks for the info

#9 Mike S

Mike S
  • Inactive Member
  • 1,804 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • 266 topics

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:49 PM

Ahh, negrito is in the UK. That would have been nice to know before!

I agree Bob ....... I was starting to look up the websites until I noticed that it was for the UK .......... sooooooooooooooooo ...... anyone got some better shippers from the US .................. I know of ForexWorld ...... and they have a branch or two here in Florico ........ sorry I meant Florida ......... but was wondering if you have to ship to them in Jax or Miami ....... if they picked up I'm sure it would be more expensive ........... anyone tried them .......

#10 turbo black

turbo black
  • 69 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • 3 topics
  • Local time: 05:29 AM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:51 AM

ok guys i use this one from florida. umac express cargo, it cost 95usd for one box to cebu door to door. when i send three boxes i pay 255usd,so the more boxes you send the bigger the discount.they are owned by forex.you are supposed to be able to track your boxes on their web site but i can't figure that part out yet. i've had good luck with them so far.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea