• Sponsor
  • 144 posts
  • 61 thanks
  • 17 topics
  • Local time: 09:29 AM
  • My Blood Type:O-
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

Saw this company mentioned somewhere in this forum a while back. Used them the other day and excellent service at much lower rates than my UK HSBC charges. Only available from UK, NZ and Australia to the Phils, China and Vietnam. All done online - did the transfer online Friday afternoon and amazingly by Saturday afternoon the cash was showing in my local BPI account. First transaction is free of charges then subsequent ones run at seven pounds for a transfer of up to 9,000 quid. Recommended!

#2 spock1

spock1
  • 66 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • 9 topics
  • Local time: 11:29 AM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:53 AM

Hi, nice to know that. Is the money in the Philippines account in your home country currency or is it in Peso. If it is in Peso, how is the exchange rate when done through this company. I have been using Forex in Australia to send funds into my account in the Philippines.....it costs $10 aussie dollars for any amount and the exchange rate is only about 30 centavos less than the official exchange rate. Sometime I have found that the exchange rate is better than I can get from the money changers in Puerto Galera.

ALways good to have options when sending money to the Philippines.

Regards Peter
Cairns and Puerto Galera

#3 Barryrio

Barryrio
  • Sponsor
  • 144 posts
  • 61 thanks
  • 17 topics
  • Local time: 09:29 AM
  • My Blood Type:O-
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

Seemed to be pretty much the official rate. However, your Forex service seems to be as cheap as it gets! But in my case my bank was charging 25 quid per transfer so a big difference there!!!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea