pinoypiper
  • Inactive Member
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • 1 topics
  • Local time: 01:12 PM

Posted 04 September 2007 - 7:23 PM

Hi all!

I would just like to let you guys know that a small group of home boatbuilding enthusiasts in the Philippines have a website and a discussion forum especially for concerns about building your own boat. (sail or power) several of the members are in Cebu actually, and are building boats and sailing actively in the waters of the Visayas.

Here's the website: www.pinoyboats.org

here's their forum: http://www.pinoyboats.org/forum

Cheers/Roy

Posted Image
here's my boat :thumbsup:

#2 Bet_Busta

Bet_Busta
  • Elite Member
  • 1,465 posts
  • 154 thanks
  • 17 topics
  • Local time: 09:12 AM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 04 September 2007 - 8:36 PM

Thanks a lot for the link.

In your picture, is that a hobby cat at the background?

#3 Cebuned

Cebuned
  • Elite Member
  • 1,241 posts
  • 253 thanks
  • 73 topics
  • Local time: 02:12 PM

Posted 04 September 2007 - 8:59 PM

Hi all!

I would just like to let you guys know that a small group of home boatbuilding enthusiasts in the Philippines have a website and a discussion forum especially for concerns about building your own boat. (sail or power) several of the members are in Cebu actually, and are building boats and sailing actively in the waters of the Visayas.

Here's the website: www.pinoyboats.org

here's their forum: http://www.pinoyboats.org/forum

Cheers/Roy

Posted Image
here's my boat :thumbsup:

My search is over, thanks so much Pinoypiper.

Name is Ned, and I"ve been searching for a site like Pinoyboats.org for a long time.

I'll be moving to Cebu soon, and will probably take on the task of building a boat for myself. I was thinking of having my boat shipped there from the states, but have come to learn that I can probably build one myself for less.

I've taken a quick look at the site, and it's exactly what I've been looking for. I really like Stephans C21 boat.

I'll register and get involved with the site, very soon.

Thanks,

Ned AKA CebuNed

#4 Oregonguy

Oregonguy
  • Inactive Member
  • 66 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 8 topics

Posted 05 September 2007 - 4:47 AM

Hi pinoypiper! My brother in law, Boni, fishes for food for his family from the shore and wants to build a boat. Do you think that your little sailboat would be good for such a use? If so, are the plans available at a reasonable price there?

#5 pinoypiper

pinoypiper
  • Inactive Member
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • 1 topics

Posted 05 September 2007 - 7:16 AM

Bet, Yes that is a hobie cat in the background. that picture was taken near the Taal Lake Yacht Club, where there are something like 20+ more of those hobies parked there. That picture was taken during the Round Taal Volcano Race (RTV) last year. The RTV is one of the events our club participates in.

Hi Ned, Looking forward to seeing you on the forum :thumbsup:

Oregonguy, My boat is only 11 feet long and 4 1/2 feet wide. You can definately use it for fishing, but it would depend on what kind of fishing you want to do or type of fish you want to catch. I've taken my boat out a small 2hp outboard motor and fished from the cockpit and I can cofortably say that I can cast on the boat while standing without fear of the boat tipping over. the design for my boat is called a Spindrift, plans for it are available from B&B yacht designs for around US$50. There are many free plans for boats available all over the web though. there are some here and several more here

Cheers/Roy

#6 Bet_Busta

Bet_Busta
  • Elite Member
  • 1,465 posts
  • 154 thanks
  • 17 topics
  • Local time: 09:12 AM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 8:18 AM

Piper, may I know who are the current forum members based in Cebu. I scanned thru the members list and can't find one.

BTW, you can also get a free plan for a canoe, kayak and pontoon by sending an email to this site:

http://jemwatercraft.com/free.php

Am planning to make a trimaran using the canoe and 2 kayaks.

#7 Oregonguy

Oregonguy
  • Inactive Member
  • 66 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 8 topics

Posted 05 September 2007 - 8:56 AM

Pinoypiper, thanks guy. :thumbsup:

#8 pinoypiper

pinoypiper
  • Inactive Member
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • 1 topics

Posted 05 September 2007 - 9:11 AM

Piper, may I know who are the current forum members based in Cebu. I scanned thru the members list and can't find one.

wannabesailor is in Cebu, he's built a glen-l 10 and is currently finishing up an experimental fiberglass tunnel hull sailboat. There are still a couple of members from Cebu on our old forum who haven't signed up in our new one. our old forum is this one it's currently down at the moment, which is the main reason we put up this new one.

one of our members has actually built one of jemwatercraft's canoes, the muskoka.

Edited by pinoypiper, 05 September 2007 - 9:13 AM .

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea