Penguin
  • Inactive Member
  • 1,045 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • 36 topics
  • Local time: 01:50 AM
  • My Blood Type:No option.

Posted 02 September 2007 - 07:59 PM

I am totally ignorant about rentals in Cebu.

My wife went up to Cebu on Friday to apply at one of the call centers in Asiatown IT Park. She got hired at one of the big ones(their Financial Services Department) and will start her training on Tuesday. Whoopee! I get to be stay at home husband working on web development for my spending money.

So now all of a sudden, I'm in the market for a cheap apartment near Asiatown IT Park...(I would prefer to be further away and let her commute the 4 days a week so any ideas would be nice.)

Now the question, anyone got a line on any cheap apartments in the Cebu(preferably Mandaue/Lahug) area? I don't wanna pay an arm and leg for rent because if the rent is too high, I'll nix my wife's new job rather than pay a lot more rent.

Any help ASAP would be appreciated.

#2 Schnapp

Schnapp
  • 37 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • 1 topics
  • Local time: 05:50 PM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Visited 1 to 5 trips

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:19 AM

I'm always on the look out for a cheap apartment in Cebu because I'll also be needing one in January/February. Good luck.

#3 Bet_Busta

Bet_Busta
  • Elite Member
  • 1,465 posts
  • 154 thanks
  • 17 topics
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:20 AM

My son's gf who also work at the IT park is also looking for one. Heard that price for a room with bathroom, no aircon is between P3,000 to P4,000 per month.

#4 cebuexpat

cebuexpat
  • Elite Member
  • 114 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • 17 topics
  • Local time: 05:50 AM

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:52 AM

Right next to Country Mall is a brand new 'stack them high, keep them small, condo building. I drove past it this morning but cannot remember the name but it's impossible to miss.
I remember driving past there whilst it was under construction and noted a banner advertising the price; again I cannot remember what it was but do remember thinking 's***, that's cheap'.
Looks like all the rooms have bunk beds, so it's definately at the cheaper end of the market.
Additionaly also in Banilad and priced at 8,000 to P10,000 are some nice appartments very close to Jaguar KTV (Instantly after passing Jaguar on the right side you will see a very small dirt road, drive down and through a large set of metal gates in to a courtyard; here you will find about 20 newish appartments). The landlady is nice and the rooms pretty decent.
Hope this helps a little

#5 cebuexpat

cebuexpat
  • Elite Member
  • 114 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • 17 topics

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:13 PM

The place next to Country Mall is called 'Alicia'

#6 Penguin

Penguin
  • Inactive Member
  • 1,045 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • 36 topics

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:20 PM

The place next to Country Mall is called 'Alicia'

Thanks Cebuexpat, Alicia is a boarding house/dormitory like place. Either 1, 2 or 4 people per room. 12,000 per month if you want a single room....

Floors are seperated by sex.

#7 tooezzy

tooezzy
  • Inactive Member
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 0 topics

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:25 PM

I needed a two bedroom in cebu in time for the sinulog, preferably on the outerskirts of the city. So what's sinulog like these days? It's been almost 20 yrs that I haven't been to one. I'll be staying for a year. Thank You

#8 Bob Ward

Bob Ward

Talisay Rocks

• Banned
  • 4,783 posts
  • 1186 thanks
  • 211 topics
  • My Blood Type:A+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:52 AM

It's VERY hard to seek an apartment that far out and expect it to be available then. I know of a really good deal in Talisay. But who will know if one will be available then?

#9 Bananamacho

Bananamacho
  • Inactive Member
  • 31 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 6 topics
  • Local time: 06:50 AM

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:02 PM

Right next to Country Mall is a brand new 'stack them high, keep them small, condo building. I drove past it this morning but cannot remember the name but it's impossible to miss.
I remember driving past there whilst it was under construction and noted a banner advertising the price; again I cannot remember what it was but do remember thinking 's***, that's cheap'.
Looks like all the rooms have bunk beds, so it's definately at the cheaper end of the market.
Additionaly also in Banilad and priced at 8,000 to P10,000 are some nice appartments very close to Jaguar KTV (Instantly after passing Jaguar on the right side you will see a very small dirt road, drive down and through a large set of metal gates in to a courtyard; here you will find about 20 newish appartments). The landlady is nice and the rooms pretty decent.
Hope this helps a little

Can you tell me more about those apartments? How many bedrooms? Where in Banilad is Jaguar KTV located?

Thanks.

#10 Bob Ward

Bob Ward

Talisay Rocks

• Banned
  • 4,783 posts
  • 1186 thanks
  • 211 topics
  • My Blood Type:A+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:36 PM

Floors are seperated by sex.

My answer to that question is "yes often". So which floor is correct for me? :any-help:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea