Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cebuned

American Expats In Cebu......

32 posts in this topic

Just wanted to throw this out here for laughs and giggles....

Taking a wild guess, how many American Expats, do you guess live on Cebu Island full time?

Could it be over 1,000?

I 'll take a stab at it.

I guestimate that there are 1,782.5 Americans currently living in Cebu. :crack-up:

There was a symposium for Americans living in Cebu. It was estimated at 50%

attendance. So, what I did was count the number of feet. LOL

Just forgot what the number was.

Taking a wild guess, how many American Expats, do you guess live on Cebu Island full time?

Please be more specific. Do you mean Expats as in Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca (oblivious to the locals, busy living his life) or expats as in the Rosie O'Donnells here (whining like old women about the poverty, racism against foreigners, crime, air quality, corruption, weather, Catholic Church, traffic, lack of English, awful schools, terrible colleges, inadequate health care, lazy/dishonest/shiftless/untrustworthy locals, high maintenance/insincere women, astronomical cost of living, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. - cry, whine, cry, whine, blubber, pity party, etc.)?

I'd say not too many of the former and far, far too many of the later. Not that the Euros are that much better, but Americans are the heavy weight undisputed champions in this category.

Please be more specific. Do you mean Expats as in Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca (oblivious to the locals, busy living his life) or expats as in the Rosie O'Donnells here (whining like old women about the poverty, racism against foreigners, crime, air quality, corruption, weather, Catholic Church, traffic, lack of English, awful schools, terrible colleges, inadequate health care, lazy/dishonest/shiftless/untrustworthy locals, high maintenance/insincere women, astronomical cost of living, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. - cry, whine, cry, whine, blubber, pity party, etc.)?

I'd say not too many of the former and far, far too many of the later. Not that the Euros are that much better, but Americans are the heavy weight undisputed champions in this category.

Damn dude, that was an interesting perspective. The only thing you forgot was the strength of the Peso against the USD. :crack-up:

:crack-up::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Everybody has to be good at something.

"Everybody has to be good at something"

I'm good at being BASTOS !!! :crack-up: It's a full time job.

"Everybody has to be good at something"

I'm good at being BASTOS !!! :crack-up: It's a full time job.

The first time I was in the Philippines I thought Bastos ment goodbye because that is what the girl would always say before she left.

The first time I was in the Philippines I thought Bastos ment goodbye because that is what the girl would always say before she left.

:crack-up:

The only thing you forgot was the strength of the Peso against the USD. :crack-up:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Not exactly, also forgot global warming, AIDS, SARS, bird flu, murdering bar girls, and hundreds of other delusions that the bored foreigners living here have obsessed about on this board in the last year. :crack-up: