• Announcements

• Paul

New Members: Click Here   03/09/2017

Hello. If you are a new member, and feel a bit apprehensive about posting in the "open" forums, or, just wish to get your "sea legs" prior to posting in the open forums, feel free to post anything you wish to talk about, in the Newbies Forum. No one will bother you, or give you any sort of grief. Everyone there is happy to help you get answers to your questions.
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nomad

PAL shuttle at Ninoy Aquino Int'l Airport?

17 posts in this topic

Hi. I was told by a Filipina that after landing on an international flight in Manila, say on Hawaiian Airlines, and then connecting onto a domestic flight using PAL, that PAL has their own shuttle that will take you to their Centennial terminal. I just wanted to find out if this is true or not? Thanks to anyone who knows! :biggrin_01:

Here is what the PAL website says about it's free shuttle

http://www.philippineairlines.com/products_and_services/free_transfer_service/free_transfer_service.jsp

Hawaiian Airlines is not on the list

There is an airport shuttle for all terminals, not specific to PAL

It is also supposed to be free. I have used it several times in the past and it was free but people using it more recently have said they had to pay P20.

Something else to keep in mind, if you have limited time between flights, do not wait for the shuttle. Just jump in a yellow airport taxi. If you are not checked in 45 minutes before departure, you will be denied boarding.

Regards; Jim Sibbick

Assuming that you will be landing at Terminal 1, which is where all of the international flights land except for PAL (unless things have changed recently), when you arrive you will go through the immigration checkpoint where your passport will be stamped.

From there you will continue to the baggage carousels to get your luggage (be sure to get a free luggage cart as you enter the baggage area).

After getting your luggage, you will go through customs where they may ask you a few questions and probably waive you through. When you get through customs, you exit into a lobby area through the double doors. In the lobby area there is a tourism desk and some other information booths. Also there are pay phones, ATM machines, and banking / money changing booths.

When you get to the lobby, there are several sets of doors leading outside. Inside the lobby, go right to the last set of doors leading outside to the street. Go out these doors and then go to the right. Do not cross the street. The free shuttle buses that go between the three airport terminals load there. Tell the driver that you need to go to the PAL terminal (which is Terminal 2). The shuttles run every few minutes and are hassle-free. (In the "good old days", they didn't have shuttles and you had to flag down taxis to get between terminals -- what a nightmare!)

The PAL terminal is shaped like a "V". As you enter the terminal, the domestic terminal will be on the right-hand side of the V and the international terminal will be on the left-hand side of the V. There's a snack shop and ticket office at the corner of the two legs of the V.

I hope you have a great trip!

PS: The "PAL (Philippine Airlines) Terminal", "Terminal 2", and "Centennial Terminal" all refer to the same terminal building. That building services only international and domestic PAL flights.

the website says the shuttle stops at 11pm but it was still going well past midnight when I used it last October.

as above, when you walk out the door, it's fifty meters on your right same side of the street.

it's free, but some passengers - including Filipinos - tip the driver 10 or 20.

it stops first at the PAL terminal and then Terminal 3.

It is also supposed to be free. I have used it several times in the past and it was free but people using it more recently have said they had to pay P20.

It was free when I used it a month ago on December 31, 2010. I don't know if things have changed since then.

Hi. If I take an airline not included on PAL's codeshare, like Eva Airlines, will the shuttle driver allow me to board? Do I have to pay? Thanks so much.

yes, they don't ask anybody for any evidence at all that they are even taking a flight. It's not exclusively for PAL customers anyway, as it goes on to T3.