Comfy Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

PAL shuttle at Ninoy Aquino Int'l Airport?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Nomad

Nomad
  • Inactive Member
  • 37 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 4 topics
  • Local time: 08:16 AM
  • My Blood Type:No option.

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:32 AM

Hi. I was told by a Filipina that after landing on an international flight in Manila, say on Hawaiian Airlines, and then connecting onto a domestic flight using PAL, that PAL has their own shuttle that will take you to their Centennial terminal. I just wanted to find out if this is true or not? Thanks to anyone who knows! :biggrin_01:

#2 dablindfrog

dablindfrog

Culinary Mulah

• Sponsor
  • 697 posts
  • 241 thanks
  • 45 topics
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:18 AM

you ain't gonna get much help for this in Buying & Building Tips, Housing Questions, Property, Etc.

#3 Jim Sibbick

Jim Sibbick
  • Elite Member
  • 2,184 posts
  • 381 thanks
  • 145 topics
  • Local time: 11:16 AM
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

Here is what the PAL website says about it's free shuttle
http://www.philippin...fer_service.jsp
Hawaiian Airlines is not on the list

There is an airport shuttle for all terminals, not specific to PAL

It is also supposed to be free. I have used it several times in the past and it was free but people using it more recently have said they had to pay P20.

Something else to keep in mind, if you have limited time between flights, do not wait for the shuttle. Just jump in a yellow airport taxi. If you are not checked in 45 minutes before departure, you will be denied boarding.

Regards; Jim Sibbick

#4 Jim in Cebu

Jim in Cebu
  • Elite Member
  • 451 posts
  • 140 thanks
  • 97 topics

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:03 PM

Assuming that you will be landing at Terminal 1, which is where all of the international flights land except for PAL (unless things have changed recently), when you arrive you will go through the immigration checkpoint where your passport will be stamped.

From there you will continue to the baggage carousels to get your luggage (be sure to get a free luggage cart as you enter the baggage area).
After getting your luggage, you will go through customs where they may ask you a few questions and probably waive you through. When you get through customs, you exit into a lobby area through the double doors. In the lobby area there is a tourism desk and some other information booths. Also there are pay phones, ATM machines, and banking / money changing booths.

When you get to the lobby, there are several sets of doors leading outside. Inside the lobby, go right to the last set of doors leading outside to the street. Go out these doors and then go to the right. Do not cross the street. The free shuttle buses that go between the three airport terminals load there. Tell the driver that you need to go to the PAL terminal (which is Terminal 2). The shuttles run every few minutes and are hassle-free. (In the "good old days", they didn't have shuttles and you had to flag down taxis to get between terminals -- what a nightmare!)

The PAL terminal is shaped like a "V". As you enter the terminal, the domestic terminal will be on the right-hand side of the V and the international terminal will be on the left-hand side of the V. There's a snack shop and ticket office at the corner of the two legs of the V.

I hope you have a great trip!

Thanked by 1 Member:
WombatPhil

#5 Jim in Cebu

Jim in Cebu
  • Elite Member
  • 451 posts
  • 140 thanks
  • 97 topics

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:07 PM

PS: The "PAL (Philippine Airlines) Terminal", "Terminal 2", and "Centennial Terminal" all refer to the same terminal building. That building services only international and domestic PAL flights.

#6 udonthani

udonthani
  • Banned
  • 4,097 posts
  • 1546 thanks
  • 403 topics
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:10 PM

the website says the shuttle stops at 11pm but it was still going well past midnight when I used it last October.

as above, when you walk out the door, it's fifty meters on your right same side of the street.

it's free, but some passengers - including Filipinos - tip the driver 10 or 20.

it stops first at the PAL terminal and then Terminal 3.

#7 Jim in Cebu

Jim in Cebu
  • Elite Member
  • 451 posts
  • 140 thanks
  • 97 topics

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:02 PM

It is also supposed to be free. I have used it several times in the past and it was free but people using it more recently have said they had to pay P20.

It was free when I used it a month ago on December 31, 2010. I don't know if things have changed since then.

#8 akoito

akoito
  • Inactive Member
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 0 topics
  • Local time: 04:16 PM
  • Philippines:Visited 6 to 9 trips

Posted 07 March 2011 - 3:42 AM

Hi. If I take an airline not included on PAL's codeshare, like Eva Airlines, will the shuttle driver allow me to board? Do I have to pay? Thanks so much.

#9 udonthani

udonthani
  • Banned
  • 4,097 posts
  • 1546 thanks
  • 403 topics
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 07 March 2011 - 4:35 AM

yes, they don't ask anybody for any evidence at all that they are even taking a flight. It's not exclusively for PAL customers anyway, as it goes on to T3.

#10 Nomad

Nomad
  • Inactive Member
  • 37 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 4 topics

Posted 07 March 2011 - 6:41 AM

I appreciate the advice. Sounds like a piece of cake! Thanks.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea