• Inactive Member
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 0 topics
  • Local time: 11:50 AM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:23 PM

Ok boys, I just did this 2 weeks ago in Cebu. If a filipina is married to a foreigner and wants her passport in married name she must attend a CFO Seminar prior to applying for her passport. Its an all day affair including one on one interview with the instructor, (nuns). You are asked questions about your husband, like what work he do, ex-wife name, who's fault or reason for divorce. This seminar is also required for a filipina to migrate to husbands country. Upon completion of seminar you will issued a Guidance & Counseling Certificate of Attendance. You then take that to the CFO office near the DFA office in Cebu and present it. They will then issue you a Guidance and Counseling Certificate. This Certificate is shown and copied when applying for passport. If and when you apply for a Visa to the USA and are approved you will then return to the CFO office near the DFA in Cebu with Visa and Guidance and Counseling Certificate, at that time they will affix your stamp of compliance in your passport. Without this stamp you will be denied boarding of plane at airport for you immigration to the states. Cost 250 peso's for Seminar and 400 peso's at CFO office for Certificate.

I suggest you take, Original NSO Marriage Certificate, Original NSO Birth Certificate, 2 forms of Picture ID, Pictures of Wedding, Divorce papers if husbands divorced, Photocopy of husbands passport to include visa status page if he here now, husbands mothers maiden name and first name, husbands address and email address and phone numbers in states, husbands birthday and place of birth, Make photocopies of all documents and pic if you do not want them to keep originals. Info about maiden name and addresses are for completion of application form. If you know and have all this then you should should have no problems. Also, we have been married 19 months and lived here but I still had to attend this seminar to apply for a passport in married name. Good Luck.

Hi, thank you for the post very helpful and informative. Just want to ask if I can find or the address of the Place for the Seminar in Cebu? I am from Davao. Is it somewhere near the CFO Office? Thank you..I am hoping for your favorable reply...

#42 SkyMan

SkyMan

Stripe Rider

• +Global Mod
  • 11,594 posts
  • 2300 thanks
  • 670 topics

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:31 PM

My wife's passport is in our safety deposit box so I can't verify but she says she doesn't have a stamp in her passport for the CFO. She does have some certificate she keeps with it to show. A stamp would be better. Maybe when she has to renew she can get the stamp but not if that means taking it again.

She just needs the CFO stamp in her passport so Philippines Immigration will let her on the plane in order to immigrate to another country.

She now has the CFO certificate of completion, but she will never get the CFO stamp until she goes back to the CFO people and shows them her CFO certificate of completion AND her passport with an Immigrant stamp to your home county in it.

(the CFO stamp is just used in order to let her leave the Philippines as a new immigrant to another county ... yours) If she is not leaving for good, there is no reason for a CFO stamp.

That is close, but I don't think it's quite right. Your wife will actually get the CFO sticker at the DFA Office...NOT the CFO. It's the same place she had to go to get her certificate after she took the seminar (a booth on the right side just inside the entrance of the DFA). All she has to have is her passport with an immigrant visa to another country and her certificate of attendance from the CFO. She doesn't have to deal with the nuns again. The nuns run the seminar, but the DFA employees control the certificates and stickers.

She already went with me to the US with the certificate. You're saying as long as she has only has a tourist visa she can't get the stamp and has to keep carrying around the certificate?

#43 shadow

shadow

Play that funky music

• Elite Member
  • 4,322 posts
  • 1693 thanks
  • 174 topics
  • Local time: 03:50 PM
  • My Blood Type:No option.

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

My wife's passport is in our safety deposit box so I can't verify but she says she doesn't have a stamp in her passport for the CFO. She does have some certificate she keeps with it to show. A stamp would be better. Maybe when she has to renew she can get the stamp but not if that means taking it again.

She just needs the CFO stamp in her passport so Philippines Immigration will let her on the plane in order to immigrate to another country.

She now has the CFO certificate of completion, but she will never get the CFO stamp until she goes back to the CFO people and shows them her CFO certificate of completion AND her passport with an Immigrant stamp to your home county in it.

(the CFO stamp is just used in order to let her leave the Philippines as a new immigrant to another county ... yours) If she is not leaving for good, there is no reason for a CFO stamp.

That is close, but I don't think it's quite right. Your wife will actually get the CFO sticker at the DFA Office...NOT the CFO. It's the same place she had to go to get her certificate after she took the seminar (a booth on the right side just inside the entrance of the DFA). All she has to have is her passport with an immigrant visa to another country and her certificate of attendance from the CFO. She doesn't have to deal with the nuns again. The nuns run the seminar, but the DFA employees control the certificates and stickers.

She already went with me to the US with the certificate. You're saying as long as she has only has a tourist visa she can't get the stamp and has to keep carrying around the certificate?

As long as all she has is a tourist visa she will never need the certificate OR the stamp!

Larry in Dumaguete

Larry in Dumaguete

Pinay Visa

#44 onefilipina

onefilipina
  • Inactive Member
  • 14 posts
  • 34 thanks
  • 0 topics

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:15 AM

Ok boys, I just did this 2 weeks ago in Cebu. If a filipina is married to a foreigner and wants her passport in married name she must attend a CFO Seminar prior to applying for her passport. Its an all day affair including one on one interview with the instructor, (nuns). You are asked questions about your husband, like what work he do, ex-wife name, who's fault or reason for divorce. This seminar is also required for a filipina to migrate to husbands country. Upon completion of seminar you will issued a Guidance & Counseling Certificate of Attendance. You then take that to the CFO office near the DFA office in Cebu and present it. They will then issue you a Guidance and Counseling Certificate. This Certificate is shown and copied when applying for passport. If and when you apply for a Visa to the USA and are approved you will then return to the CFO office near the DFA in Cebu with Visa and Guidance and Counseling Certificate, at that time they will affix your stamp of compliance in your passport. Without this stamp you will be denied boarding of plane at airport for you immigration to the states. Cost 250 peso's for Seminar and 400 peso's at CFO office for Certificate.

I suggest you take, Original NSO Marriage Certificate, Original NSO Birth Certificate, 2 forms of Picture ID, Pictures of Wedding, Divorce papers if husbands divorced, Photocopy of husbands passport to include visa status page if he here now, husbands mothers maiden name and first name, husbands address and email address and phone numbers in states, husbands birthday and place of birth, Make photocopies of all documents and pic if you do not want them to keep originals. Info about maiden name and addresses are for completion of application form. If you know and have all this then you should should have no problems. Also, we have been married 19 months and lived here but I still had to attend this seminar to apply for a passport in married name. Good Luck.

Hi, thank you for the post very helpful and informative. Just want to ask if I can find or the address of the Place for the Seminar in Cebu? I am from Davao. Is it somewhere near the CFO Office? Thank you..I am hoping for your favorable reply...

I'm from Davao as well. The address is the Aya Ay Arcade building on Mango Ave. 3rd Floor, Cebu City
Good Luck

#45 kate_barnett

kate_barnett
  • Inactive Member
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • 2 topics
  • My Blood Type:O+

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:51 AM

FYI ..... We have been talking about the CFO seminars as they pertain to leaving the PI on an immigrant visa, but there is another situation that I would like to mention:

Prior to us getting married, my wife aleady had a Philippines passport in her maiden name.

After we were married, we decided to have her passport changed to show my last name as her last name on her passport. Hey, we were now married ... why not

Well, she went to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) regional office in Iloilo. They said that no matter how long we had been married, my wife would need to attend the CFO seminar before they would issue her a new passport with my last mame on it (even though she said she had no intentions of leaving the country on an immigrant visa). They said since I was a foreigner, she needed the CFO before they would give her a new passport.

Then she called the Foreign Affairs (DFA) main office in Manila ... They said there requirement was that as long as she was married to a foreigner for at least 1 year, they would re-issue her a new passport without the CFO requirement. That saved us a lot of trouble.

So, if your in this situation ... talk to the main DFA office in Manila if your in the same situation as we were in. The Cebu DFA probably has the same requirement as the Iloilo DFA.

So, check with the main Manila DFA when everyone else tells you your wife needs the CFO class just because she wants her new married last name on it.

Ron,
Bacolod City

hi im going to have my passport change to my husbands last name my husband is an american so ur saying i can get my passport renewed without cfo seminar since im married to my husband for a year a half?? what if i plan on going to states, do i still need to do that seminar thing?

thanks for ur post!

Thanked by 1 Member:
mumof1

#46 Turbota

Turbota

Out of Stock Sir !

• Elite Member
  • 1,323 posts
  • 269 thanks
  • 115 topics
  • Local time: 10:50 PM
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:13 AM

hi im going to have my passport change to my husbands last name my husband is an american so ur saying i can get my passport renewed without cfo seminar since im married to my husband for a year a half?? what if i plan on going to states, do i still need to do that seminar thing?

I am an American. My wife is a Filipina ... Like I said in my post, my wife did not need the CFO Seminar just to have her passport changed from her maiden last name to my last name. The DFA office in Manila did not require it. Call the DFA in Manila and be sure before going there to get your new passport.

Now, if your going to be leaving the country at a later date as an Immigrant to another country (such as going to the US) ... Sure, you will need the CFO stamp in your passport. The Filipino Immigrations people will not allow you to get on the plane without it.

Ron,

#47 onefilipina

onefilipina
  • Inactive Member
  • 14 posts
  • 34 thanks
  • 0 topics

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:03 PM

I am an American. My wife is a Filipina ... Like I said in my post, my wife did not need the CFO Seminar just to have her passport changed from her maiden last name to my last name. The DFA office in Manila did not require it. Call the DFA in Manila and be sure before going there to get your new passport.

Now, if your going to be leaving the country at a later date as an Immigrant to another country (such as going to the US) ... Sure, you will need the CFO stamp in your passport. The Filipino Immigrations people will not allow you to get on the plane without it.

Ron,

Do what you want to do.......obviously there are several different opinions. But I'm telling you if you are married to a foreigner and you want your passport in his name in Cebu, or your planning on leaving the country to his country, then you need to attend the CFO Seminar. You better take the things I mentioned in my original post. If not the you will be just like a previous poster.............we need this or we need that. I took the time to tell you exactly what was required of me in Cebu. If you want to try something different or think you can massage the system then more power to you. Sometimes it just seems to be a waste of my time to post here. Consider my original post........I just went through this.........so do what you want to do, believe what you want. Good luck!

Thanked by 1 Member:
mumof1

#48 Turbota

Turbota

Out of Stock Sir !

• Elite Member
  • 1,323 posts
  • 269 thanks
  • 115 topics
  • Local time: 10:50 PM

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:30 PM

She has 2 choices ...

1. If she goes to the DFA in Cebu to get a new passport with her husbands last name on it, she Needs the CFO

2. If she goes to the DFA in Manila to get a new passport with her husbands last name on it, she Dont Need the CFO

EDIT: Oh ya ... If she goes to the DFA in Iloilo, they also won't give her a new passport with her foreigner husbands last name on it unless she attends the CFO either.

Why will Manila give her a new passport without the CFO class? ... I don't have a clue, but they gave my wife one WITHOUT the CFO after my wife was turned down in Iloilo.

HINT: Call the various DFA offices yourself and ask them before waisting your time goiing there in the first place.

Edited by Turbota, 13 February 2011 - 06:39 PM.

#49 fanboat

fanboat

Official LinC Hitman

• VIP
  • 3,017 posts
  • 667 thanks
  • 101 topics

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:58 AM

Question,

I read somewhere on the web that if the lady is under 23 years old she must bring along a parent to give advice(we doing the K1 visa)

gigi and her mom are fighting at the moment so our only choice is to bring her dad.
gigi is 22

has any of you been there on this one?or heard of another applicant bringing a parent with them?

#50 kavorka

kavorka

Member Title

• Sponsor
  • 205 posts
  • 93 thanks
  • 11 topics
  • Local time: 01:50 PM

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:22 AM

Question,

I read somewhere on the web that if the lady is under 23 years old she must bring along a parent to give advice(we doing the K1 visa)

gigi and her mom are fighting at the moment so our only choice is to bring her dad.
gigi is 22

has any of you been there on this one?or heard of another applicant bringing a parent with them?

My wife did the seminar in Cebu, and she was required to have both parents sign her forms.

She was 19 at the time, I'm not sure what the age limit is.

Thanked by 1 Member:
fanboat

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Your Company Name