• Elite Member
  • 4,936 posts
  • 1255 thanks
  • 480 topics
  • Local time: 01:11 AM
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:55 PM

When we first moved ino to 30 sq m 2 Bed Bungalow, we were on a Temp Supply from Crown Asia and it was absolute crap!

The developer was in no rush to get the Buildling Permit completed by then getting the Occupancy Permit

So I just contacted VECO directly and they sorted it out.

All the details on the VECO website:-
Posted Image
Posted Image

Customers applying for electric service for domestic purposes in a single-family dwelling unit, individually metered apartments which are incidentally but not primarily used as rooming or boarding houses belongs to Residential category.
4 Guide Questions 1.Is your house/ building within 30 meters away from the nearest VECO pole with secondary line?

Check if the nearest VECO pole already has existing customers connected to it. If NO, you may be required to apply for a secondary line and/ or pole extension, and may need to put up a deposit for such. Please see our Customer Retail Services Department (CRSD) at VECO Full Service Center, 3rd Level, SM City Cebu or at VECO Talisay Full Service Center, South Road, N. Bacalso Ave., Bulacao Talisay City.

2.Does your application:
  • exceed 8,000 Watts in total?
  • need a three-phase supply?, OR
  • require a service voltage other than 220 Volts? (When in doubt, you can consult a licensed electrical practitioner)

If YES, you need to apply for a separate transformer and will be required to put up a deposit for such. Please see our Customer Retail Services Department (CRSD).

3.Do you have a previous connection with VECO that was disconnected and has unpaid accounts?

If YES, you will be required to settle all previous unpaid bills and arrears. You can pay directly through any of our collection offices.

4.Have you ever been apprehended by VECO or is currently being charged in court by VECO for electricity pilferage?

If YES, VECO has the legal right to deny service to any person or entity who has violated R.A. 7832 (Anti-Pilferage Act).

STEPS IN APPLYING FOR AN ELECTRIC SERVICE

You may apply for an Electrical Permit at the following offices depending on the location of the premises sought to be energized:
OFFICE
TELEPHONE NUMBER
Cebu City - City Engineer's Office ........................254-9872
Mandaue City - City Engineer's Office .................344-0608
Talisay City - City Engineer's Office......................273-7768
Consolacion - Municipal Engineer's Office ........344-1239, 344-1236/ 37 local 110
Lilo-an - Municipal Engineer's Office ..................564-3784
Minglanilla - Municipal Engineer's Office .....273-7453
Naga - City Engineer's Office ................................272-6651 or 272-6655
San Fernando - Municipal Engineer's Office ......488-9694
Posted Image Posted Image
Start ServicePosted Image
Stop ServicePosted Image
Application ChecklistPosted Image
Posted Image
Added Value ServicesPosted Image

Veco Metering Standard

Posted Image
SIMPLE METERING SET-UP
Estimated Labor Cost: Php1,500 Php1,800

Main Materials:.................................Quantity
Stranded Wire No. 8 TW.................15 meters
RSC Conduit Pipe ........................2 lengths
Angle Bar 2X2X10.............................10 feet
Circuit Breaker 30 amp....................1 piece
RSC Conduit Coupling ................6 pieces
RSC Elbow .....................................3 pieces
RSC LB ...........................................2 pieces
Entrance Cap ................................1 piece
Close Nipple......................................2 piece.
*VECO Meter hub/Meter base are free of charge

Posted Image

CONCRETE METERING SET-UP
Estimated Labor Cost:
Php2,200 Php2,500
Minimum length of conduit pipe is two lengths/pcs. in excess of two length/pcs is an additional Php 200/length.

Main Materials
QuantityStranded Wire No. 8 TW
15 meters
RSC Conduit Pipe
15 meters
Angle Bar 2X2X10
10 feet
Circuit Breaker 30 amp
1 piece
RSC Conduit Coupling
6 pieces
RSC Elbow
3 pieces
RSC LB
2 pieces
Entrance Cap
1 piece
Close Nipple
2 pieces
Spool Rack Insulator
1 piece

Posted Image

SEMI-CONCRETE METERING SET-UP
Estimated Labor Cost:
Php2,500 Php3,500
Minimum length of conduit pipe is two lengths/pcs. In excess of two length/pcs is an additional Php 200/length.

Main Materials:
15 meters
RSC Conduit Pipe
2 lengths
Angle Bar 2X2X10
10 feet
Circuit Breaker 30 amp
1 piece
RSC Conduit Coupling
6 pieces
RSC Elbow
3 pieces
RSC LB
2 pieces
Entrance Cap
1 piece
Close Nipple2 pieces
Spool Rack Insulator
1 piece
Posted Image

Find us on Facebook too!

#12 davidn

davidn
  • Elite Member
  • 158 posts
  • 89 thanks
  • 8 topics
  • My Blood Type:No option.

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:13 AM

Thanks for the replies. The consensus seems to be that I am being shafted and should refuse. I am in a reasonably strong position in that I hold a 10% retention of the purchase price which I have already told them I won't pay until all the site facilities (like the pool, clubhouse and landscaping) are finished and that I intend to deduct the 30,000 I paid out to get the water and power connection process started.

We are actually the second house to be occupied, although the first on this phase. Others are due very soon, also all by foreigners, and as I cannot believe they will accept these charges either, I intend to co-ordinate the refusals. I have been told by the developers that all the homes will face these costs. Lets see! I will talk to the other existing owners, who we rarely see, to find out what their experience has been.

31,000of the 54,000 is described as a "bill deposit". This is said to be refundable whenever we sell the property (probably never in my lifetime) but there is no mention of them paying any interest on them holding my money for an extended period. This seems to me to have nothing to do with the actual installation but Veco using their monopoly position to get their bills paid in advance. This attitude offends someone like me who is used to be trusted and has never defaulted on a bill. I intend to tell Veco this and see what alternative arrangements can be made. Not that I expect to get too far!

The remaining charges are for the installation and I definately intend to refuse these, as I believe it is the responsibility of the developers to provide power to the house. It is mine to pay for it.

If I had built this myself then of course I would have no choice, but part of the comfort of buying in a sub division is in giving all these responsibilities, and seeing all the costs summarised in the one purchase price.

Any more information gratefully received. I will keep you posted (no pun intended) of developments as they occur.

#13 davidn

davidn
  • Elite Member
  • 158 posts
  • 89 thanks
  • 8 topics
  • My Blood Type:No option.

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:36 AM

Yesterday I visited Veco at SM and they confirmed the charges but said this was a matter between me and the developers, they don't care to whose account they are held so long as they get paid!

I was told that the 31,000 "bill deposit" was based upon the "load calculations" made by the engineer. This is also interest bearing and is repaid whenever supplies are terminated. However they could not advise what the rate of interest will be.............. "it will be on your annual statement, Sir!". I was also told that the load can be recalculated, and I will surely do that as I guess that is for the whole Phase of houses!

The connection charges I will just refuse, as I expect the developers to provide a service to the house.

If anyone has anymore comments or information it will be gratefully received.

#14 smokey

smokey
  • Elite Member
  • 22,623 posts
  • 3839 thanks
  • 856 topics
  • Local time: 10:11 AM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:50 AM

Yesterday I visited Veco at SM and they confirmed the charges but said this was a matter between me and the developers, they don't care to whose account they are held so long as they get paid!

I was told that the 31,000 "bill deposit" was based upon the "load calculations" made by the engineer. This is also interest bearing and is repaid whenever supplies are terminated. However they could not advise what the rate of interest will be.............. "it will be on your annual statement, Sir!". I was also told that the load can be recalculated, and I will surely do that as I guess that is for the whole Phase of houses!

The connection charges I will just refuse, as I expect the developers to provide a service to the house.

If anyone has anymore comments or information it will be gratefully received.

you said it yourself it dont matter to veco WHO pays ... when you purchaced your house you expected there to be power and water and if there is not well your the one wronged... stay firm

#15 Stranded Shipscook

Stranded Shipscook

Cybertroll's Nightmare :-)

• Elite Member
  • 4,679 posts
  • 3485 thanks
  • 376 topics
  • My Blood Type:AB+

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:10 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Customers applying for electric service for domestic purposes in a single-family dwelling unit, individually metered apartments which are incidentally but not primarily used as rooming or boarding houses belongs to Residential category.
4 Guide Questions 1.Is your house/ building within 30 meters away from the nearest VECO pole with secondary line?

Check if the nearest VECO pole already has existing customers connected to it. If NO, you may be required to apply for a secondary line and/ or pole extension, and may need to put up a deposit for such. Please see our Customer Retail Services Department (CRSD) at VECO Full Service Center, 3rd Level, SM City Cebu or at VECO Talisay Full Service Center, South Road, N. Bacalso Ave., Bulacao Talisay City.

2.Does your application:
  • exceed 8,000 Watts in total?
  • need a three-phase supply?, OR
  • require a service voltage other than 220 Volts? (When in doubt, you can consult a licensed electrical practitioner)

If YES, you need to apply for a separate transformer and will be required to put up a deposit for such. Please see our Customer Retail Services Department (CRSD).

3.Do you have a previous connection with VECO that was disconnected and has unpaid accounts?

If YES, you will be required to settle all previous unpaid bills and arrears. You can pay directly through any of our collection offices.

4.Have you ever been apprehended by VECO or is currently being charged in court by VECO for electricity pilferage?

If YES, VECO has the legal right to deny service to any person or entity who has violated R.A. 7832 (Anti-Pilferage Act).

STEPS IN APPLYING FOR AN ELECTRIC SERVICE

You may apply for an Electrical Permit at the following offices depending on the location of the premises sought to be energized:
OFFICE
TELEPHONE NUMBER
Cebu City - City Engineer's Office ........................254-9872
Mandaue City - City Engineer's Office .................344-0608
Talisay City - City Engineer's Office......................273-7768
Consolacion - Municipal Engineer's Office ........344-1239, 344-1236/ 37 local 110
Lilo-an - Municipal Engineer's Office ..................564-3784
Minglanilla - Municipal Engineer's Office .....273-7453
Naga - City Engineer's Office ................................272-6651 or 272-6655
San Fernando - Municipal Engineer's Office ......488-9694
Posted Image Posted Image
Start ServicePosted Image
Stop ServicePosted Image
Application ChecklistPosted Image
Posted Image
Added Value ServicesPosted Image

Veco Metering Standard

Posted Image
SIMPLE METERING SET-UP
Estimated Labor Cost: Php1,500 Php1,800

Main Materials:.................................Quantity
Stranded Wire No. 8 TW.................15 meters
RSC Conduit Pipe ........................2 lengths
Angle Bar 2X2X10.............................10 feet
Circuit Breaker 30 amp....................1 piece
RSC Conduit Coupling ................6 pieces
RSC Elbow .....................................3 pieces
RSC LB ...........................................2 pieces
Entrance Cap ................................1 piece
Close Nipple......................................2 piece.
*VECO Meter hub/Meter base are free of charge

Posted Image

CONCRETE METERING SET-UP
Estimated Labor Cost:
Php2,200 Php2,500
Minimum length of conduit pipe is two lengths/pcs. in excess of two length/pcs is an additional Php 200/length.

Main Materials
15 meters
RSC Conduit Pipe
15 meters
Angle Bar 2X2X10
10 feet
Circuit Breaker 30 amp
1 piece
RSC Conduit Coupling
6 pieces
RSC Elbow
3 pieces
RSC LB
2 pieces
Entrance Cap
1 piece
Close Nipple
2 pieces
Spool Rack Insulator
1 piece

Posted Image

SEMI-CONCRETE METERING SET-UP
Estimated Labor Cost:
Php2,500 Php3,500
Minimum length of conduit pipe is two lengths/pcs. In excess of two length/pcs is an additional Php 200/length.

Main Materials:
15 meters
RSC Conduit Pipe
2 lengths
Angle Bar 2X2X10
10 feet
Circuit Breaker 30 amp
1 piece
RSC Conduit Coupling
6 pieces
RSC Elbow
3 pieces
RSC LB
2 pieces
Entrance Cap
1 piece
Close Nipple2 pieces
Spool Rack Insulator
1 piece

The best answers are from David ! Great job again, mate !

Maybe the admin should pick this topics (Water/Electricity and the like) up and simply put the links of those companies in here as a fixed insitution..... sure would help people abroad and other planners...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea