• 1285 thanks
  • 496 topics
  • Local time: 04:20 PM
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 17 December 2010 - 4:34 PM

Imported Motor Vehicle Registration Requirements
Posted Image
The most common service that a motorist is looking for is the new registration of one's new and shiny car.

Imported Motor Vehicle Registration Requirements

Here are the requirements for imported motor vehicles cars, trucks, motorcycles etc.

• Original Invoice
  • Certificate of Payments of Taxes
  • Confirmation of CP from Registration Section C.O.
  • CHPG clearance
  • Insurance Certificate of Cover
  • Actual Inspection of Motor Vehicle and duly accomplished MVIR
    (stencils of motor and chassis numbers must be done on the space provided for)
  • Early warning device (EWD)

That is the requirements needed to register a new car or vehicle that was imported from abroad.

The first part was about New Registration locally assembled or rebuilt vehicles.

I bought a new Hyundai 'Matrix' 1.5 CRDi VGT in May 2005, and obtained the Registration Documents, and Number Plates with Registration and Insurance, valid for 3 Years.

ie no vehicle inspection, emission tests, or insurance renewal until May 2008.

Posted Image Posted Image

Hyundai Cebu, Inc.
address......A.S. Fortuna St., Banilad, Mandaue City, Cebu
phone.........(032) 346 2724, 345 0324 to 26
fax..............(032) 346 0187
e-mail.........hyundai.cebu@gmail.com

LTO issues rules on 3-year registration
The Land Transportation Office (LTO) has released the implementing rules and regulations regarding the three-year validity registration scheme for brand new vehicles, set to be implemented next month.

LTO memorandum circular 575-2005 signed by LTO Assistant Secretary Anneli Lontoc stated all brand new vehicles or vehicles that are new and unregistered; motor vehicles manufactured, assembled, imported, distributed and/or sold regardless of classification by corporations or companies accredited by LTO; brand new motor vehicles regardless of classification; and motorcycles with engine displacement of above 200 cc are covered of the registration scheme.

DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION AND COMMUNICATION

ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 010-2005
03 January 2005

SUBJECT : Initial Registration Scheme for Brand New Motor Vehicles
Valid for Three (3) years.

WHEREAS, pursuant to Section 4 (d) [1], Article III, Chapter 1 of Republic Act No. 4136, as amended, the Assistant Secretary, with the approval of the Secretary of Transportation and Communication, shall have the power to issue rules and regulations prescribing the procedure for the registration of motor vehicles; and

WHEREAS, pursuant to Section 5 of Batas Pambansa Bilang 74, all motor vehicles and trailers of any type used or operated on or upon any highway of the Philippines "shall be registered with the Bureau of Land Transportation (now the LTO or Land Transportation Office) for the current year, and that the dates of annual registration of motor vehicles shall be based on a registration scheme to be prepared by the Bureau of Land Transportation (now the LTO) subject to the approval of the Minister (now the Secretary) of Transportation and Communication."

NOW, THEREFORE, and in pursuance thereto, it is hereby ordered that the initial registration of all brand new motor vehicles, as defined herein , shall be valid and effective for three (3) years from its first registration. Such initial registration shall require the Certificate of Conformity (COC), issued by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), and the Compulsory Third Party Liability insurance policy valid for three (3) years.

1.1. Brand new motor vehicles (MVs) refer to new and unregistered motor vehicles manufactured, assembled, imported, distributed and/or sold by corporations or companies accredited by or member/s of the following, to wit:

a. CAMPI- Chamber of Automotive Manufacturer of the Philippines, Inc.

b. TMA Truck Manufacturers Associations

c. MDPPA Motorcycle Development Program Participants Associations.

1.2. Brand new motor vehicles imported by other LTO accredited vehicles

1.3. These exclude backyard assembled and imported used motor vehicles

1.4. Motorcycles with engine displacement of 200 cc and below are likewise excluded in this Order.

2. Registration Rate The rates of the Motor Vehicle User's Charge as set forth and imposed under Republic Act 8794 shall be collected from the owner of the covered motor vehicles for the registration of the said units.

3. Apprehension/s

3.1. Should the covered motor vehicle be apprehended within the period of its initial three (3) year registration for violation/s attributable to the motor vehicle, e.g. smoke belching or non-roadworthiness, the motor vehicle shall still be required to undergo the accessory penalty or penalties of passing the Motor Vehicle Inspection and/or Emission Tests.

4. Repealing Clause

4.1. Any memoranda or orders thereof which are inconsistent with the provisions of this Administrative Order are hereby repealed or amended accordingly.

5. Effectively

5.1. This Order shall take effect ninety (90) days after its publication in two (2) newspapers of general circulation in the Philippines or filling of three (3) copies thereof with the University of the Philippine Law Center.

ANNELI R. LONTOC

Assistant Secretary

APPROVED:

LEANDRO R. MENDOZA

Secretary
Department of Transportation and Communication

HIGHIGHIGHTS OF ACCOMPLISHMENT

With the implementation of the three (3) year initial registration of motor vehicles' scheme, on the other hand, drastically affected our volume of registered motor vehicle and cases handled because most initial motor vehicle registrations are handled by district offices situated in highly urbanized areas in the country.[

Posted Image

I bought a Yamaha XT225, brand new from Norkis, Mandaue Branch in December 2007 for Php160,000.00
Posted Image
So why did the LTO not Register it for 3 Years. since the XT225 is 225cc?

The LTO Branch in Mandaue where Norkis registered it in 2007, nor the LTO in Talisay City (up behind Robinsons, to the right), did not even seem aware, that Motorcycles over 200cc are covered by that 3 Year Registration Ruling.

LTO, Talisay City were also trying to maintain the Registration stated Color: Green yet there was White also!

Norkis, Mandaue sorted this out. but only wanted to deal with LTO, Mandaue, not LTO Talisay City Branch.

How do I know it got sorted?

By Sending Text to 2600 and getting the following reply back:-

Make: yamaha
Model: xt225
Year: 2007
Color: green/white
Registered Last: 10/07/2010
has no LTO apprehension.
has no LTO alarm.
P2,50/txt

The Honda XR200 is196.9cc and now has Suggested Retail Price of Php131,900.00

One reason I did not buy the Honda XR200 is because it is somewhat taller (with a seat of 858mm) compared with the Yamaha XT225 having a seat height of just 31.9" (810mm), meaning I could plant both feet flat on the floor comfortably.

Another reason for choosing a Yamaha XT225 'Serow', being that Norkis were offering a 3 Year Warranty

Posted Image How many spotted they got theimage of the XT225 reversed?

The best reason for going with a Yamaha XT225 'Serow', is that is is simply a damn fine bike, for 'green lane' riding in the Philippines.

Check out this report on the 'capabilities of the small, agile, nimble, and pretty capable, little XT225 'Serow':-

Posted Image

BIG BLOKE ON A GIRLS BIKE

The Yamaha XT225 Serow

By John Hutchinson

johnhutch@compuserve.com

Posted Image

click here for a full size view

I don't know how to put this without offending some peoples egos, but here goes - the Yamaha XT225 Serow is arguably the best trail bike in the world. A lot of people who have bought big, fast, powerful enduro machinery to go trail riding have probably chosen the wrong bikes.

Read more ....

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay, 17 December 2010 - 6:48 PM .

#2 smokey

smokey
  • Elite Member
  • 24,219 posts
  • 4058 thanks
  • 901 topics
  • Local time: 01:20 AM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 17 December 2010 - 6:48 PM

alright david a service everyone can use... good luck on this....

#3 David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay
  • Elite Member
  • 5,074 posts
  • 1285 thanks
  • 496 topics
  • Local time: 04:20 PM
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 17 December 2010 - 8:13 PM

alright david a service everyone can use... good luck on this....

Like I live in Bulacan, and look like this - yeh right?

Need Help with LTO Bulacan?

Posted Image

Check things out Robert51, instead of blurting out your' stupid suspicions', and once AGAIN - read my 'Disclaimer'!

I was doing a Google Search to find out more on this 3 Year Registration and LTO memorandum circular 575-2005 and that website listing Registration Requirements came up. Did not see any reference to 3 Year Registration, but thought it was clear concise summary of what one needed for such new vehicle registration. I used it on my BLOG and basically reproduced my BLog Post, here!

So funny, that you seemed to think I was behind that website. by the sounds of things?

I also came across this Document relating to CTPL Insurance relating to the 3 Year Registration:-

(@ Robert51- No fees charged for reading my Message posts, or downloading the attachments that I took the time and trouble to upload.
Before you post more stupid remarks, and seemingly refuse to read and believe my Disclaimer, I am not working for any Insurance Company, selling 3 Year CTPL cover either!)

This is the html version of the file:-http://www.insurance.gov.ph/htm/..%5C_@dmin%5Cupload%5Creports%5Ccircular10.pdf.

Republic of the Philippines

Department of Finance

INSURANCE COMMISSION

1071 United Nations Avenue
Manila

CIRCULAR LETTER

To: All Non-Life Insurance Companies Doing Business in the Philippines

Subject: Implementation of the 3-Year Compulsory Third Party Liability CTPL) Insurance

I. Administrative Order No. 010-2005 of the Department of Transportation and Communications dated January 3, 2005 (copy attached) mandates that a 3-Year CTPL policy shall be taken in connection with the initial registration of all brand new motor vehicles in place of the traditional 1-Year CTPL previously required.

II. Consistent with the strict statutory requirements of the Insurance Code, as amended,

"SEC. 376. The Bureau of Land Transportation (now Land Transportation Office or LTO) shall not allow the registration or renewal of registration of any motor vehicle without first requiring from the land transportation operator or

motor vehicle owner concerned the presentation and filing of a substantiating documentation in a form approved by the Commissioner evidencing that the policy of insurance or guaranty in cash or surety bond required by this chapter is in effect."

"SEC. 226. No policy, certificate or contract of insurance shall be issued or delivered within the Philippines unless in a form previously approved by the
Commissioner, and no application form shall be used with and no rider, clause, warranty, or endorsement shall be attached to, printed or stamped upon such policy, certificate or contract unless the form of such application, rider, clause, warranty or endorsement has been approved by the Commissioner."

"SEC. 375. The Commissioner shall furnish the Bureau of Land Transportation (now LTO) with a list of insurance companies authorized to issue the policy of insurance or surety bond required by this chapter." and pursuant to the reforms being implemented by the Insurance Commission in the Philippine insurance sector:

A. All non-life insurance companies are hereby directed to commence the issuance of 3-Year CTPL policies not earlier than May 2, 2005;

B. All forms for 3-Year CTPL coverage which shall be separate and distinct from comprehensive motor vehicle policies must be submitted to the Insurance Commission and duly approved by the Insurance Commissioner;

C. Insurance companies duly accredited by the Insurance Commission shall be pooled under the auspices of the major industry association, Philippine Insurers & Reinsurers Association, to provide the insurance coverage for the 3-Year CTPL.

III. The Insurance Commission shall implement, and in cooperation with the Philippine Insurers and Reinsurers Association (PIRA), shall provide for a system of mandatory insurance coverage required for vehicle registration where the public obtains the appropriate insurance coverage and at the same time, known irregularities (i.e proliferation of fraudulent policies, unpaid claims, etc.) associated with the issuance of the CTPL coverage are totally eliminated or at the very least, minimized.

IV. This is to repair the serious damage in the confidence of the Filipino public in the integrity of CTPL coverage obtained for purposes of registering motor vehicles.

V. This Circular supersedes any and all circulars on the same subject.

(SGD.) BENJAMIN S. SANTOS

Insurance Commissioner

cc The Honorable Cesar V. Purisima, Secretary of Department of Finance

The Honorable Leandro R. Mendoza, Secretary of Department of Transportation and Communication

The Honorable Anneli R. Lontoc, Assistant Secretary of Land Transportation Office

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay, 17 December 2010 - 9:52 PM .

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea