Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
David_LivinginTalisay

New Generation of Chinese Motorcyles

146 posts in this topic

Since the original Thread is locked, I must start a new one.

This is for those interested in Motorcycles, and open and willing to learn that there may well exist a new generation of Chinese made motorcycles, that offer improved attention to detail, and design, and hopefully Quality also.

Anyone going off Topic to bring up anything to do with V8 Motorcycles, will be deemed going 'Off Topic' and reported as such.

This Thread is to discuss Price and Quality to determine if they are "Good Value for Money" at all?

The Philippine Courts are hopefully dealing with that issue of Catherine L. Soronio stealing money and not delivering product to produce ROI, nor return of pronciplal.

These Zongshen 'Cyclone' do cost more than the standard Chinese Motorcycle one is used to, but considerably less than perhaps what Japanese equivalents would cost.

I now have some FOB China prices for some Zongshen 'Cyclone' Models (background information to determine how much 'profit' can be made potentially from such motorcycles, to use in Court against Soronio if necessarily)

ZS125GY-10

1_210c14da565d8f41ecfa8918ba919dd2.jpg

1_c07b02c4ff7b9bfd74c4383d25b8ac5e.jpg

1_d30b82dcea81bcc8517ae90aac9dbda6.jpg

1_d8ba3a22597578a6ea64f42dacd2e0dc.jpg

1_7b4511df18622a1a5d9c2a6b0770327e.jpg

1_8b9496583695921f325c56534b1e646b.jpg

1_4433e4cd3d04290171698a588b8f047e.jpg

1_6529cc56da5bda567077da77dd2583f2.jpg

1_4a7c7b4e34b04429aca118a4c8b253ea.jpg

Zongshen Predator ZS125GY-10

OTR Price

Dave you seem to know the links to search this stuff. I am looking for a trike motor bike... You seen any?

What do you think of this ZS150K Motorcycle?

fbec5557-a234-459a-a61d-3a218a91b22c.jpg

If you consider this ZS150K looks somewhat different from your 'usual' Chinese Cruiser style motorcycle, and a reasonable 150cc Motorcycle, then what price would you estimate, imported to the Philippines?

How about this 125cc Cyclone 'Pursuit' Range - ZS125-50

064b7478-3d0a-4f2d-a55b-917c80425008.jpg

What price in USD, do you think this ZS125-50 might be FOB China?

Dave you seem to know the links to search this stuff. I am looking for a trike motor bike... You seen any?

There was this Thread Motorcycle for Trike Use did you not find that one?

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=20920&st=10&p=196973&hl=trike&fromsearch=1entry196973

Or how about this one about some Chinese produced Trikes, that I posted a reply to get it back onto Topic here!

Cargo Tribikes for town and farm

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=20920

1 person likes this

This is a Water-cooled 150cc Super Motard style version ZS150GY-10C with upside down 'Showa' front forks

333efaf1-2351-4a25-83f8-840e16d9865f.jpg

One can expect this latest ZS150GY-10C model with the water-cooling and the upside down front forks to cost more than the ZS150GY-10

Zongshen Ryuka ZS150GY-10C fly, now in Thailand.

icon_post_target.gifby Moto-Rex » 26.02.2010, 15:47

I spotted these two Zongshen Ryuka ZS150GY-10C FLY motards, (now there's a mouthful)

They were 69000 baht.

ZS150GY-10C;USD1090 (Php46,908) (FOB CHONGQING) for 40' container load.

So what price might this make the ZS150GY-10 then?

851a13ea-824a-4c1a-91d8-2e0999242c6b.jpg

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay

Since Catherine L. Soronio was the the proprieter of V8 Motorcycles & Parts Dealer I dont want this Thread going 'Off Topic', so it also gets locked down.

So please stick to This Thread TOPIC which should be to discuss Price and Quality to determine if they are "Good Value for Money" at all?

This is for those interested in Motorcycles, and open and willing to learn that there may well exist a new generation of Chinese made motorcycles, that offer improved attention to detail, and design, and hopefully Quality also.

Anyone going off Topic to bring up anything to do with V8 Motorcycles & Parts Dealer, (and/or the Owner of that company and the Court Cases against her) will be deemed going 'Off Topic' and reported as such.

So can you please be tolerant and respectful to the Topic Subject, and stick to Discussing this new generation of Chinese Motorcycles and contemplating if the price to import them to the Philippines might make them value for money.

(FYI: This is part of my research, to potentially use in Court, to determine if the Business Plan was at all viable, on even cheaper, older 'U-bone' motorcycle models of 100/110/125cc.

I was hoping that some sensible, mature, Members of this Forum, who are keen on Motorcycles, might join in a discussion on Value for money of such Chinese Motorcycles. Personally I am not interested in buying/owning any of these Chinese U-bone models, but am interested in any of the Cyclone Models featured in this thread, especially now I have the FOB China prices!).

I will be contacting Toro Motors to ask for a Quote to legally import such motorcycles as kits preferably, assemble and register with LTO. Again this is part of my research, a theoretical costing exercise to determine business viability of such imports).

Thought those truly interested parties might be interested to learn this also, which is why I want this Topic not to get closed down becuse certain individuals want to act as 'Trolls; so this new Topic also get 'locked', like the others because they got dragged off into Investments and ROI. Hope the Members can see why we are not going off on such 'tangents' OK?

Edited by Admin
Removed quoted text.

There are many intangibles that you need to take into account. These bikes are appearing out of a vacuum, even though their engineering pedigree may be supported by foreign expertise, they have no reputation to help them.

Buying a motorcycle is not a commodity purchase, maintenance and repair are expected in the life of the unit, and the lack of a dealer network is a huge minus in their "value".

You are trying to market to a demographic who will expect it to be cheap, otherwise they would go with a known, supported brand.

If the plan was to invest in training for a network of technicians and provide the logistics for spares deliveries and account for recalls and warrantee claims. then even if the cost per unit were low, then the set up price would be huge.

And that is without even considering marketing and advertising budget.

If you import a container load, will you obtain exclusive distribution rights for the Philippines, or will someone come along and undercut your prices in a few months once you have built a reputation?

Have you looked into the paperwork involved in certifying the model for the Philippines? Type approval? emissions? safety?

Can you obtain a tax break by assembling them here? Can you source local parts, lights, wheels that can show local content to help reduce the import tax burden?

The OTR price in the UK is not a very good starting point, because there are many safeguards built into the system in the UK to protect the customer, that just do not exist here.

Edited by thebob

I posted:-

(FYI: This is part of my research, to potentially use in Court, to determine if the Business Plan was at all viable, on even cheaper, older 'U-bone' motorcycle models of 100/110/125cc.

I was hoping that some sensible, mature, Members of this Forum, who are keen on Motorcycles, might join in a discussion on Value for money of such Chinese Motorcycles. Personally I am not interested in buying/owning any of these Chinese U-bone models, but am interested in any of the Cyclone Models featured in this thread, especially now I have the FOB China prices!).

I will be contacting Toro Motors to ask for a Quote to legally import such motorcycles as kits preferably, assemble and register with LTO. Again this is part of my research, a theoretical costing exercise to determine business viability of such imports).

Thought those truly interested parties might be interested to learn this also, which is why I want this Topic not to get closed down becuse certain individuals want to act as 'Trolls; so this new Topic also get 'locked', like the others because they got dragged off into Investments and ROI. Hope the Members can see why we are not going off on such 'tangents' OK?

No where did I post that I am contemplating the actual import of ANY motorcycles. Please don't jump to wrong conclusions and start dragging this Topic Off Thread.

I might buy such Zongshen Cyclone Motorcycle, if Toro Motors Corporation or Eastworld Motor Corp (Motorstar) or T-REX Marketing Corporation (Zonghsen) eventually import such, and there was no rip off mark up!

A 155cc is being sold here in Surigao City for 92,500 pesos. I do not know what a 250cc sells for.