Sign in to follow this  
mpt1947

Xoom Sucks 2

Ok I submitted a Complaint to the BBB in San Francisco regarding Xoom - I received three responses from them - one referring me to another person who never acknowledged my email and two apologizing to me but nothing can be done.

I wrote the following Email to the BBB

Tahira Al-Ghaffaar

It is obvious that Xoom is not going to explain to me or 100's of other customers why they closed our accounts - so be it.

I am contact with at least 50 people that have had their accounts closed by Xoom for no apparent reason - we ask about it, we are told to contact another department, that department doesn't acknowledge our emails and if they do they tell us they can't do anything about it - we all have violated some unknown compliance issue and the account has been closed.

As you are aware in their responses to me, they all play dumb - tell me do other business do that? I have had other business close accounts with me - but at least they tell me why.You would also think they would want to keep our business and help us manage our accounts so that we are not violating their rules -

I am not going to pursue this issue any longer - not that I accept Xoom's explanation, they just are not worth my time.

I have been since March or April using another business out of San Francisco - Remithome.com they more then meet my needs - BBB had them rated at A+ As far as I am concerned you could rate them A++++

I would hope that you rate Xoom an F - but that is your decision - not mine.

Thank you for your efforts in this matter your time is appreciated.

That's all Folks - good luck in whatever service you choose - if you are still a customer of Xoom good luck.....

Mike

• Like 2

Thanks, Mike, for the update.

Buyer beware.

Okay, don't yell at me but. I've been a Xoom customer for a long time and use them every month. I am interested in details regarding who is being cancelled. Are there any common denominators in these accounts such as foreign origin? Bank used, type of transactions, etc.? If we can identify the common thread in these maybe we can better inform folks. BTW, the BBB is useless for any help in this. They only report. Try looking up most any major company (Boeing, HP, etc.) and see the poor rating.

:thats-funny:

T

Okay, don't yell at me but. I've been a Xoom customer for a long time and use them every month. I am interested in details regarding who is being cancelled. Are there any common denominators in these accounts such as foreign origin? Bank used, type of transactions, etc.? If we can identify the common thread in these maybe we can better inform folks. BTW, the BBB is useless for any help in this. They only report. Try looking up most any major company (Boeing, HP, etc.) and see the poor rating.

:thats-funny:

T

I really can't find any consistency in the reasons for cancellation -

Some have sent money to themselves

I didn't

Some have moved from the US to the Philippines

I had not yet moved - I did change the address on my credit card from a street address to a PO Box - but that was on the card I used - so why would Xoom care

I did make a mistake and sent the money to a wrong person - I called, explained what happened and Xoom Reversed the transaction -

After that by a couple of weeks they canceled me - and reversing a transaction is against their rules - but they did it not me.

Some people reported, like yourself, many years of successful use and then out of the blue they are informed that they are in violation of compliance and the account is canceled -

My complaint is that they don't tell you why you are no longer compliant -

Good Luck

I had my xoom account closed earlier this year I have an Australian issued credit card this was all I could find on the their blog which is dated 29th September 2010 same information I found out earlier this year. They keep sending me emails asking if I can recommend Xoom to my friends as well as promotions. WTF? I guess they harbor no hard feelings because I don't use an US credit card or bank?

Lots of internet scammers in the Philippines use Xoom as well as cam show girls maybe there were too many complaints from guys feeling they were ripped off? They claim to be a family remittance company not a business remittance company.

Changes to Payment Options for Xoom Money Transfers

After today, September 29, 2010, Xoom will no longer accept non-U.S. issued credit or debit cards as payment sources for money transfers. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this change in our service may cause you.

We understand that many of you prefer to pay for your money transfers using non-U.S. issued credit or debit cards and have had excellent experiences. We are very sorry our decision will inconvenience you. However, we believe this is the best overall decision for us to make on behalf of all our customers.

Why Did Xoom Do This?

Most transactions funded by non-US credit cards are for commercial purposes, which are not in our core family remittance business. Commercial transactions can be risky for our customers as merchants sometimes can be unprofessional or at times even fraudulent.

Our customers had too many bad experiences with unprofessional or, in some cases, fraudulent merchants. To protect the interests of our customers, we thought it best to simply prohibit these transactions from our system. If you were sending a remittance to friends and family funded with a non-US credit card, we sincerely apologize if this decision has inconvenienced you.

Using Other Payment Sources for Your Money Transfer

Xoom will continue to accept both United States issued credit and debit cards as well as United States bank accounts as payment sources for all Xoom money transfers. This means that Xoom now only accepts Unites States bank accounts, credit or debit cards as payment sources for money transfers.

Call or Email Us With any Questions

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this change, please send us an email through our Help Center, or call our Customer Service team at 877-815-1531 (within the U.S.); 415-395-4225 (outside the U.S.). Our call center is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

Posted by Xoom Global Money Transfer at 10:18 AM

Like most companies, they won't tell you specificly due to legal issues which makes it harder to understand. I wonder if it's a proxy server issue since it looks like non-US transactions? Or it might be they lost/ended involvement with non-US banks for whatever reason. Also, I've not used my card since the first time. After that I tied it directly to my Bank account at BofA. I normally do transfers from BofA (USD) to PBI peso account. Anybody get cancelled using this method? I've also sent money from my BofA account to a pickup location in a different province.

T

I used xoom for cpl of years, sent thousands of dollars to a few diffrent people.

After Joy got here I only used it about once every 2 months to send $50 for my nieces school.

It had been about 2 months since i last sent and i got the notification account closed,

same as everyone I tried to find out why but got no answer. Up untill the account

was closed, i thought they were great.