Sign in to follow this  

I just got turned down for a Xoom transfer. Here is the explanation I received via email explaining why:

"Your transaction has been cancelled in accordance with Xoom's User Agreement and Acceptable Use Policy. We could not complete this transaction due to a problem with the recipient

I don't like xoom,we always used WESTERN UNION ever since.

Totally useless to try to do anything once that happens.

I gave up using Xoom as well.

I liked it as long as it worked, but then one day it stopped working and their customer support is non existent, they will just send you some standard mails and never ever do a thing, could be a plain bot.

Yeah, they banned Paypal then came up with a discrimination: now only US issued cards are accepted. Screw Europe! (Do they know something I don't? Maybe better I pack faster...)

"Your transaction has been cancelled in accordance with Xoom's User Agreement and Acceptable Use Policy. We could not complete this transaction due to a problem with the recipient

Yeah, they banned Paypal then came up with a discrimination: now only US issued cards are accepted. Screw Europe! (Do they know something I don't? Maybe better I pack faster...)

Yeah, I've had a transaction cancelled when they first brought-in this policy and forgot to update their web site. In spite of the fact that THEY cancelled my account - because being in the UK I couldn't use their service - they still deluge my email inbox with "we miss you" messages. And because I can no longer access my account, I can't turn-off these messages. Bastards.

Mark

Xoom's support is running from the philippines. Go figure.

All their support does is type text into a support ticket which goes to their main office and is handled by a single guy then the response is funneled back to their support techs. This is why you can't ever get any information what so ever out of them. They don't know anything except their prescribed text.

I have been complaining about Xoom for years. Sometimes flawless, other times it may take hours, days, or even weeks to collect, or, it may not be collectible at all! In one instance they showed a payment as already picked up when in fact it had not. Lost us a client that time.

Never a problem with Moneygram or Western Union.

Larry in Dumaguete

Yes i have had my share of Xoom shit, started back in about January this year, sent some money and they cancelled the transaction and gave the standard answer, take it from me they have no CUSTOMER SERVICE, i emailled them so many times and got told somebody would contact me which they never did.

So me and my girl Mae got around it eventually and its a bloody cheaper now, i dont send via a Money Transfer Company, never will use them again they r all a bunch of wankers, as i said customer service disappears when u have a legitimate question.

Cheers

Mark n Mae

thumbsup.gif