• Elite Member
  • 4,936 posts
  • 1255 thanks
  • 480 topics
  • Local time: 09:08 PM
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:38 AM

Having done a 'Google' to see if anyone has written review on the DaPeng T3000 model that I won in a PayPal competition, I did come across a Review for DaPeng T998

The Bad

The Hideous Startup Theme: The phone's built in speakers are good quality, but every time the phone is powered on, super loud music greets you, and can't be muted.

Access To the Internet: WAP is steady, if not spectacular, but speed will definitely annoy with lack of even EDGE. No wifi as well also annoys.

God Awful Camera: Forget good camera phone pics, as the resolution is bad, the pictures you take most likely will look very poor even by the stereotypically bad camera phone standards.

No Way To Use Java Apps: My opinion is that this phone would be improved if I could at least upload some mobile java programs allowing the T998 to get some new functions and games.

The Digital Movie Player: The phone's move player only will play files in 3GP format. If using the video camera, it will record in AVI, however, no downloaded AVI files will seem to play.

Final thoughts

Just like the title suggests, this phone is at least an ok media player. The MP3 player and stereo mix is where this phone shines, but if you have the time to convert movie files to 3GP, then the video player works quite fine. This phone has all the basic functions you need, and also has enough extras to warrant its price.

Price. US$90.04
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"] [/font]

The DaPeng T3000 does not have the Bad Points mentioned in that Review of DaPeng T998

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"]]The Bad

The Hideous Startup Theme: The phone's built in speakers are good quality, but every time the phone is powered on, super loud music greets you, and can't be muted.
T3000 Startup Theme is not so bad. All the 'sounds' for actions/Alerts, are user selectable, and can have customised sounds also

Access To the Internet: WAP is steady, if not spectacular, but speed will definitely annoy with lack of even EDGE. No wifi as well also annoys.
[/font]

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"]T3000 has WiFi - works well.

God Awful Camera: Forget good camera phone pics, as the resolution is bad, the pictures you take most likely will look very poor even by the stereotypically bad camera phone standards.
It is 3 megapixel (not 0.3 as mentioned in some Specs). It is OK and does include Flash, there is built in Front Webcam also.

No Way To Use Java Apps: My opinion is that this phone would be improved if I could at least upload some mobile java programs allowing the T998 to get some new functions and games.
[/font]

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"]T3000 [/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]JAVA Support: JAVA 2.0 [/font][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"]Many Java Applications included. [/font]

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]• Personal Organizer:[/font][/font]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]- Calculator, Calendar, Alarm Clock, World Clock, Answer Machine, To Do, Health.[/font][/font]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]- Stopwatch, Currency converter, Unit converter, E-book reader and Notepad. [/font][/font]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]- Calendar, Calculator, Alarm, E-book Reader, Exchange.[/font][/font]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]- Clock, Stopwatch, Notes, Unit Converter.[/font][/font]

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"] [/font]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"]Skype Lite was dropped by Skype, but still supported. One can find Downloads of Skype Lite and I will try installing on the T3000.

The Digital Movie Player: The phone's move player only will play files in 3GP format. If using the video camera, it will record in AVI, however, no downloaded AVI files will seem to play.
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]
[/font]
[/font]

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]T3000 Video Player: 3GP, MP4[/font][/font]

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]Video recorder:[/font][/font]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]- Video Record Format: 3GP[/font][/font]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]- Video Quality: Normal, Low, High[/font][/font]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]- Video Settings: Effects, White Balance, LED Highlight[/font][/font]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]- EV: 4 steps (+2 to -2) [/font][/font]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]- EV: 8 steps (+4 to -4) [/font][/font]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]- Banding: 50Hz / 60Hz [/font][/font]

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"][/font][/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]Multimedia:[/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"][/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"][/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]- Audio Player, Video recorder, E-book Reader, Analog TV
[/font]
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]- FLV Player, Analog TV, Camera, Image Viewer, Video recorder, Video Player.
[/font]
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]- Photo Editor, Audio Player, AB Repeater, Sound recorder, FM Radio
[/font]
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]- Schedule FM Record, Slide Show, and E-book Reader.[/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"][/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]File formats: [/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]- Music: MP3, AMR, MID, WAV
[/font]
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]- Image: BMP, GIF, JPG, BNG[/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]
[/font]
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]- Video: 3GP, MP4
[/font]
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"]- E-Book: TXT[/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, &#23435"][/font]

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"] [/font]

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay, 13 September 2010 - 10:42 AM.

Posted Image

Find us on Facebook too!

#12 liquido

liquido
  • Sponsor
  • 1,308 posts
  • 146 thanks
  • 161 topics
  • My Blood Type:No option.

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:13 AM

Same situation for me on 2 so called china IPhones..They both took a shit in 2 months..The software was so time consuming to do simple tasks also...I learned my lesson now about buying anything China...Its all cosmetic in the beginning..

I have owned 3 of those chinese Iphone knock offs. All 3 broke or stopped working. Maybe bad luck on my part. You can now pick up an Iphone here in the west for $125 to $150 ( 3G ). Every one is buying the newer models and trying to get rid of their old ones.

Same situation for me on 2 so called china IPhones..They both took a shit in 2 months..The software was so time consuming to do simple tasks also...I learned my lesson now about buying anything China...Its all cosmetic in the beginning..Theres a reason why they are so much cheaper..

I have owned 3 of those chinese Iphone knock offs. All 3 broke or stopped working. Maybe bad luck on my part. You can now pick up an Iphone here in the west for $125 to $150 ( 3G ). Every one is buying the newer models and trying to get rid of their old ones.

#13 David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay
  • Elite Member
  • 4,936 posts
  • 1255 thanks
  • 480 topics

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:05 PM

Home > Uncategorized > China Mobile Phone—Chipset MTK (MT6235)

China Mobile Phone—Chipset MTK (MT6235)
December 19th, 2009

Spoiler

Chinese Phones
BY ANCILLOTTI

Looking at any online store, you will quickly find hundreds of imitations of the iPhone and devices from Nokia, the Nokia and other manufacturers, produced by Chinese companies and sold under various brands.

Spoiler

Although ultimately being sold around the world, the devices are primarily intended for the Chinese domestic market (which is not modest, as the country has more than 1 billion people), so that probably will take until the manufacturers will offer models with support for UMTS, which has just canceling any advantage with respect to cost.

In conclusion, it is important to emphasize that not all equipment manufactured in China are bad or are copies of other devices. In addition to all the major manufacturers that have factories in China, there are also many Chinese manufacturers that respectable, with good or bad quality, produce their own models, such as ZTE (which is relatively unknown here, but it is one of the largest manufacturers in China) and K-Touch.

The big problem is that manufacturers of generic devices that produce low quality, are the best conditions for selling their products at low prices, so that they end up being the most exported and, consequently, the most known here.

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay, 13 September 2010 - 10:39 PM.

#14 David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay
  • Elite Member
  • 4,936 posts
  • 1255 thanks
  • 480 topics

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:04 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MT6235

MT6235
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Posted Image

Star C6000 is a mobile phone that uses the MT6235 platform

The MT6235 is a processor used in many Chinese cellular phones. It is a member of the MT62xx series of processors by MediaTek.

The MediaTek processor based Chinese cell phones often come with features not common to North American phones such as analog television viewing and recording. While these phones have vastly different builds and configurations, they all run on a common proprietary OS.

The MT6235 is a specialized processor design containing both an ARM926EJ-S RISC CPU running at frequencies between 26/52/104 and 208 MHz and a DSP.

Subsystems
  • Microcontroller Unit (MCU) Subsystem: includes an ARM926EJ-S RISC processor and its accompanying memory management and interrupt handling logics;
  • Digital Signal Processor (DSP) Subsystem: includes a DSP and its accompanying memory, memory controller, and interrupt controller;
  • MCU/DSP Interface: the junction at which the MCU and the DSP exchange hardware and software information;
  • Microcontroller Peripherals: includes all user interface modules and RF control interface modules;
  • Microcontroller Coprocessors: runs computing-intensive processes in place of the Microcontroller;
  • DSP Peripherals: hardware accelerators for GSM/GPRS/EDGE channel codec;
  • Multi-media Subsystem: integrates several advanced accelerators to support multi-media applications;
  • Voice Front End: the data path for converting analog speech to and from digital speech;
  • Audio Front End: the data path for converting stereo audio from an audio source;
  • Baseband Front End: the data path for converting a digital signal to and from an analog signal from the RF modules;
  • Timing Generator: generates the control signals related to the TDMA frame timing; and,
  • Power, Reset and Clock Subsystem: manages the power, reset, and clock distribution inside MT6235.
Sources

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaTek

MediaTek

MediaTek Inc

Posted Image

Founded1997
Headquarters.......Posted Image No. 1, Dusing Rd. 1, Hsinchu Science Park, Hsinchu, Taiwan[1]
Website..............www.mediatek.com/en/

Posted Image

The MediaTek MT1389 is a chipset for DVD players.

MediaTek Inc. is a fabless semiconductor company, designing and selling components for wireless communication, optical storage, high-definition digital TV and DVD products. The company was founded in 1997. Its headquarters are in Hsinchu Science Park, Taiwan, with sales and research subsidiaries in Mainland China, Singapore, India, Japan, Korea, USA, Denmark, and England.[2] MediaTek is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchangeunder the code 2454.

In early 2008 MediaTek expanded its wireless communications product portfolio by buying the assets of Analog Devices' Othello radio transceivers and SoftFone baseband chipsets for about US$350 million. The products go into cell phones and related equipment.

MediaTek's products also help Chinese Shanzhai products to cut cost.

MediaTek stands 4th in the ranking of fabless companies worldwide and stands 2nd of all worldwide semiconductor companies in the field of mobile phone chipsets, after Qualcomm. [3]

According to IC Insights' May 2009 update to the McClean Report, Mediatek has moved into the Top20 list of semiconductor sales leaders.[4]

External links
References

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay, 13 September 2010 - 11:12 PM.

#15 Slayer

Slayer
  • Sponsor
  • 112 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • 30 topics
  • Local time: 09:08 AM
  • My Blood Type:A+

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:14 AM

Wow, lots of info and advice...thanks!

So in your opinion, what is the best cell phone (with and without WI-FI capability) for the money in Cebu and where can one purchase it?

And how about Cebu 3G networks? Do they have them and which carrier has the fastest Internet Surfing over their network?

Also, how do dual SIM cards work? I imagine you have two different phone numbers for incoming calls and the applicable SIM activates and the phone uses that SIM. How about outbound calls? How do you select which SIM you want to use?

Thanks, again.

#16 David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay
  • Elite Member
  • 4,936 posts
  • 1255 thanks
  • 480 topics

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:49 AM

Wow, lots of info and advice...thanks!

So in your opinion, what is the best cell phone (with and without WI-FI capability) for the money in Cebu and where can one purchase it?

And how about Cebu 3G networks? Do they have them and which carrier has the fastest Internet Surfing over their network?

Also, how do dual SIM cards work? I imagine you have two different phone numbers for incoming calls and the applicable SIM activates and the phone uses that SIM. How about outbound calls? How do you select which SIM you want to use?

Thanks, again.

I am happy to share what I discover during my research into things via the Internet. It's really quite amazing just what you can find out with the right searches. I just hope some actually appreciate it, and stop thinking there must be some financial motive/incentive behind me putting in the time /effort behind my Message Posts/Replies. It's quite amazing how some seem to have these set ideas that everything made in China is cheap, low quality rip offs!

Well that may have been the case, 10 years ago, but not any more. China are now producing Quality goods, bit it Cars, Motorcycles, or electronic items. It is a massive 'home market' and a growing market segment of Chines with money to sell to. OK so some Chinese Companies are now gearing up towards the Export markets and are teaming up with Western Companies to help improves their Designs, Specifications, Sales and Marketing. You can see examples of this, like Zongshen and it's new Generation 'Cyclone' range, with input from Piaggio of Italy that they make the engines of their 'Zip' Scooter for, and Harley Davidson, who selected Zongshen for their Chinese partner to get Harley Motorcycles on sale to the nuevo riche. Zongshen in return get non-competing technical advice and information, as well as help with design, sales and marketing input from Harley. OK so this new generation id 20% higher than mainstream Chinese products, but still 30% less than Japanese. 50 Years ago they were saying the same about Japan only being able to make Cheap Japanese clones/copies of motorbikes and electronic goods - they don't say that any more, and I bet in another 10 years, wont be saying it aboutChinese goods and products, the same as there is respect for Korean made products, especially the like of Hyundai and Kia?

I want to record this research for my own benefit.

I normally just 'print' the information I discover, to Adobe Acrobat, and save on my PC. But by copy and pasting to this Forum, I seem to learn the information better and remember it.

Perhaps I should not bother with so much time and effort. and just attach the .pdf copy?

Anyway back to the reply ...

Coming across that information on the MT62xx series of processors by MediaTek explains why there does now seem to be a new Generation of Cellphones coming out of Taiwan/China, with better capabilities, such as WiFi, improved Screen Resolutions, with 'Touch' operation, and now Java Applications and Android type OS even. I would not buy a Nokia Clone or a Blackberry rip off, but instead look for a good quality Chinese phone designed around the latest MediaTek MT6235 platform. Just buy the phone giving the features you are looking for, at a decent price, through a decent supplier, offering good mail-order service and 1 Year Warranty.
Also check out decent Reviews from the likes of
Posted Image

China Phone + Google Android
Published by: yuga under: Mobile , Software.37 replies
posted: January 16th, 2010

Spoiler

Cherry Mobile's uber cheap dual SIM phones
Published by: yuga under: Mobile.654 replies
posted: June 9th, 2009

Cherry Mobile, a new player in the dual-SIM phone market in the Philippines, introduced 4 new affordable phones with average prices well under Php6,000.

Here's a list of the 4 new dual-SIM phones:

Spoiler

Cherry Mobile Eclipse: Cheapest WiMo Phone
Published by: yuga under: Mobile.85 replies
posted: January 29th, 2010

Spoiler
Posted Image

Cherry Mobile to provide dual SIM technology at truly affordable prices

Posted Image

http://pcworld.com.p...ordable-prices/

Spoiler

Dual SIM Phones from Cherry
http://seeknomore.bl...y.html#comments

Posted by Kirhat | Tuesday, June 02, 2009 | Others | 4 comments »

Spoiler

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay, 17 September 2010 - 07:10 AM.

#17 David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay
  • Elite Member
  • 4,936 posts
  • 1255 thanks
  • 480 topics

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:21 AM

Prices of Cheap China-made iPhone Clone in the Philippines
January 1, 2009 · Filed Under Cell Phones/Mobile Phones
Spoiler

You see, what I have observed with mobile phones made in China is that they take very poor pictures. The built-in camera settings are very difficult to adjust (brightness, color, etc). The iPhone Clone, Nokia N95 8GB Clone and N99i v9+i are some of the China-made cellphones I have tried. I have also observed the huge similarities in navigation and other phone functions of these models.

In addition, please be informed that these three phone models have many variants. The ones that have been blogged in this site are just some of the many variants of these China-made phone models. The iPhone Clone featured here is not an exception – it's just a variant of phones sold as "iPhone" in the Philippine market. So as a word of advice, don't be fooled by vendors claiming that they sell original iPhones for a few thousand bucks only. Any "iPhone" sold in stores for less than Php 4,000 is certainly a clone.

The prices of these China-made cellphones sold in the Philippines as of this writing are as follows: N95 8GB – PhP 4,500 (around $93.75); N99i – PhP 4,500 (around $93.75) and iPhone Clone – Php 3,500 (around $73).

My advice is to forget the 'clones', and go for genuine Chinese Phones, designed around the capabilities/limitations of MT62xx series of processors by MediaTek look good and hard at what Cherry Mobile have to offer, or China's ZTE

http://www.facebook....10017442?v=info.

Posted Image
Cherry Mobile currently in the top trends forwww.yahoo.com.ph page. Isang tulog na lang 2nd wave sale na ng Q7i for only Php2,990. mas improved specs 2MP camera, Trackpad, Dual sim TV phone naka QWERTY ka pa. Please see Events tab for participating dealers for this promo.

Posted Image

Cherry Mobile enters RP handset market
By Manny De Los Reyes (The Philippine Star) Updated June 06, 2009 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines – Cherry Mobile, a new player in the local mobile communications industry, is set to capitalize on the growing market need for multi-network-capable mobile phones with its new line of NTC-approved, dual-SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) handsets.

The demand for true dual-SIM phones has been steadily rising as prices of SIM cards from different mobile service providers have become lower and lower.

And with impressive feature sets and prices below P6,000, the new Cherry Mobile phones, which are made in China and distributed locally by Cosmic Technologies Inc., are expected to make a big impact on the local mobile communications industry.

Spoiler

Posted Image

ZTE
ZTE (Zhong Xing Telecommunication Equipment Company Limited) is a publicly-owned, Chinese corporation that designs and manufactures telecommunications equipment and systems.[1]

Based in Shenzhen and established in 1985,[1] ZTE offers a wide variety of telecommunication products, including products that provide value-added services[2] such as video on demand and streaming media, to its customers,[3] which are primarily telecommunications service providers,[3] mobile network operators,[4] etc.

ZTE's core products encompass wireless, telephone exchange, access, optical transmission, and data telcom gear, mobile phones[5][6] and telecommunications software.[7]

Spoiler

Legal controversies
ZTE has experienced several legal controversies, most involving attempts to bribe officials in the hope of winning national contracts.
The Philippines
The Philippine National Broadband Network controversy (also referred to as the NBN/ZTE deal or NBN/ZTE controversy) drew allegations of corruption in the awarding of a US$329 million construction contract to ZTE for the proposed government-managed National Broadband Network (NBN).[citation needed] The contract with ZTE was signed on April 20, 2007 in Hainan, China. Following the emergence of irregularities involving her husband, First Gentleman Mike Arroyo, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, President of the Philippines canceled the National Broadband Network project in October 2007.[citation needed]

Look beyond this and check out the 3G Cellphone Products of ZTE:-

http://wwwen.zte.com...obile/index.jsp

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay, 17 September 2010 - 07:41 AM.

#18 ArieBombarie

ArieBombarie
  • Sponsor
  • 1,877 posts
  • 314 thanks
  • 26 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Visited 6 to 9 trips

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:06 AM

had a look at this due to the cherry thing the stepdaughter wanted for her birthday

interesting development to see the clones getting into the mobile market

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea