• Elite Member
  • 167 posts
  • 53 thanks
  • 22 topics
  • Local time: 07:07 AM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:35 AM

Hi,. especially to those members who live close by or in Minglanilla. I was looking on google earth and clicked on some of the pictures around this area and really liked the look of Ruby's cave swimming pool. Is it as good as it looks ?. I fancy popping in there with the kids for an afternoon but I've no idea how to get there. We do pass by the town on our way to Carcar and beyond where we stay, and wondered how far off the main road it was, and how easy it was to find ? It looks very clean, but I don't know how long ago the photo was taken. Are there eating facilities at the poolside too ?
Any info would be well appreciated ,
Thanks,
Jonny

#2 David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay
  • Elite Member
  • 4,710 posts
  • 1202 thanks
  • 463 topics
  • Local time: 03:07 PM
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:38 AM

Hi,. especially to those members who live close by or in Minglanilla. I was looking on google earth and clicked on some of the pictures around this area and really liked the look of Ruby's cave swimming pool. Is it as good as it looks ?. I fancy popping in there with the kids for an afternoon but I've no idea how to get there. We do pass by the town on our way to Carcar and beyond where we stay, and wondered how far off the main road it was, and how easy it was to find ? It looks very clean, but I don't know how long ago the photo was taken. Are there eating facilities at the poolside too ?
Any info would be well appreciated ,
Thanks,
Jonny

Are you sure you have the name right with Ruby's Cave? I think you might be referring to RUVI CAVE Resort (formerly Eleanor's Resort)

On Google Maps it is

Tungkop Ruvi CavePosted Image- more info »

Southbound Ruvi Road, 6400, Philippines‎

Is this the one you are referring to?

But if you have seen it on Google Maps, surely you know where it is?

Heading South, after passing 'Tungkop Elementary School' on your Left, and 'Mary Help of Christian school' on the Right, at the next cross-roads intersection with ''Julies Backshop' on the left corner, turn LEFT here, into 'ESTAKA'. Follow that road down towards the sea. Take a Right at the 'T' Junction. The road should take a turn to Right and then you take the next Left.

That should get you to Tungkop RUVI CAVE Resort.

Ruvi Cave Resort, MinglanillaPosted ImageAnyone heard of Ruvi Cave Resort, in Minglanilla? I came across the name, after...Posted on Dec 24 2009 04:42 PM by David_LivinginTalisay

Social Events: Parties, Boat Trips, etc.

If it is Ruvi Cave Resort, Miglanilla, see also see my Message Posts #13 & #17 of Pool Location Suggestions? How about the Cebu Wetlands Resort?

http://www.livinginc...showtopic=20616

There was Address and Directions given there, if you had searched the Forum for 'Cave Resort'

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay, 08 September 2010 - 02:40 AM.

• USMC-Retired, kavorka and spark64 like this

green_trail_rides_cebu.gif

Find us on Facebook too!

#3 jonny

jonny
  • Elite Member
  • 167 posts
  • 53 thanks
  • 22 topics

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:19 AM

I didn't see it on Google maps,... it was Google earth, where I was just zooming in on some of the areas around Cebu when I clicked on the small picture squares that appear, giving photos of local attractions. Some of these squares are not exactly over their specific sites,.. hence that is why I was asking for any info on the place. Simply if it was a good place or whatever.????
One photo was Ruby's cave, the other was Ruby's cave resort in Tungkop,.. as I said, I don't know how long ago these photo's were taken, maybe it has changed its name ?

#4 David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay
  • Elite Member
  • 4,710 posts
  • 1202 thanks
  • 463 topics

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:47 AM

I didn't see it on Google maps,... it was Google earth, where I was just zooming in on some of the areas around Cebu when I clicked on the small picture squares that appear, giving photos of local attractions. Some of these squares are not exactly over their specific sites,.. hence that is why I was asking for any info on the place. Simply if it was a good place or whatever.????
One photo was Ruby's cave, the other was Ruby's cave resort in Tungkop,.. as I said, I don't know how long ago these photo's were taken, maybe it has changed its name ?

Jonny, have you got enough information about Ruvi Cave Resort in Minglanilla (formerly Villa Eleanor)
from my giving you, in my replies to this Thread of yours:-

i) Directions,

ii) Google Maps URL

Attached File  Ruvi Cave Resort_map.png   10.37KB   53 downloads

iii) Information from 2 x Thread URL's, containing Photos, and Links to many more websites and YouTube Videos

• kavorka and Darren like this

#5 jonny

jonny
  • Elite Member
  • 167 posts
  • 53 thanks
  • 22 topics

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

Yes thanks, got all the info now. Had a look at the video clips on youtube,.. it looks great. Will visit there for the day when we are over. Everytime I see a video from the Phils, their music is so enticing to go,... can't wait.

Thanks for your help,..

Jonny

#6 David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay
  • Elite Member
  • 4,710 posts
  • 1202 thanks
  • 463 topics

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:03 PM

Yes thanks, got all the info now. Had a look at the video clips on youtube,.. it looks great. Will visit there for the day when we are over. Everytime I see a video from the Phils, their music is so enticing to go,... can't wait.

Thanks for your help,..

Jonny

Well my 'Reputation'" is still -16 = Poor

Jonny,seems not Members do appreciate my efforts however, and show it via a+ve VOTE to my REPUTATION SYSTEM
(TheGreen + at bottom R/H corner of the reply)

At least 16 more don't appreciate my efforts enough, to make them go to the effort of giving message replies of mine, a -ve VOTE!

See New Feature: Reputation System

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay, 08 September 2010 - 07:05 PM.

• Jess Bartone, kavorka and Darren like this

Thanked by 1 Member:
iconpools

#7 Paul

Paul
  • +Founder
  • 25,172 posts
  • 6169 thanks
  • 3,721 topics
  • Local time: 02:07 PM
  • My Blood Type:AB+
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:48 PM

I guess it is time to install a new modification on the forums, "Reputation In Topic View".

This will show your reputation on each post that you make. Then, people do not have to view your profile in order to see your reputation (in points).
peukerts_law_1.png

#8 broden

broden

Fuhgeddaboudit

• +Forum Admin
  • 21,349 posts
  • 6154 thanks
  • 3,809 topics
  • Local time: 02:07 AM
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:53 PM

I guess it is time to install a new modification on the forums, "Reputation In Topic View".

This will show your reputation on each post that you make. Then, people do not have to view your profile in order to see your reputation (in points).

then everyone's gonna know how easy you are
With a cheery smile and a wave of his hand he wandered off to an unknown land.

Not all those who wander are lost.

#9 Markham

Markham
  • Banned
  • 3,284 posts
  • 1267 thanks
  • 162 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:56 AM

Ummm, they don't need to do that. Just click on the small link next to the member's name reveals all :biggrin_01:.

Mark

#10 broden

broden

Fuhgeddaboudit

• +Forum Admin
  • 21,349 posts
  • 6154 thanks
  • 3,809 topics
  • Local time: 02:07 AM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:03 AM

Ummm, they don't need to do that. Just click on the small link next to the member's name reveals all :biggrin_01:.

Mark

groovie
never noticed that before

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Your Company Name