Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Anyone who uses Xoom

I see where I can add my bank routing and account information.

My question is, if I add that information, can I wire money directly from my bank account to the Philippines, without using a debit or VISA card?

Once you add your account and routing numbers from your bank you can wire money directly to the Philippines without using a debit or Visa card. I do transfers from my U.S. bank account to my wife's Philippine account often and have never had a problem other than sometimes taking a few days for the transfer to go through. Hope that answers your question.

Paul, over the years I have tried many ways of transferring money to the Philippines including Xoom.

I recently found this company https://exchange4free.com/ and have used them several times. They are terrific, best conversion rate I have found and no fee!! Well worth a look.

Thanks, men. I appreciate it.

I won't go into what happened this time. But, I will leave it at my card has been blocked by my Credit Union because of an "unauthorized" purchase of $25.00 USD. :rolleyes: The automated service rang my number at 5:05pm, 5 minutes after the bastards closed! :D:bs_sign::voodoo::D:broden:

I have used xoom for quite a while too......2-3 years ago they would take 4-5 days to process, but now the money is transferred from my US account to my BPI account within hours. The fees are pretty low....$4.99 for up to $3000.00.......................but they also make a little profit on the exchange rate. BTW, you have the option of sending in USD or Php.

xoom also sends you updates to your email and other parties if you wish.....how the processing is going, plus when it is completed.....haven't had any problem transferring from my credit union.

Well, Pete, I have been trying to register on the site you gave me, but, it won't accept it when I attempt to register. It keeps showing "Values in red are unacceptable", or similar message. The trouble is, there are no values in red and I have changed everything! Anyway, I put a call in and left a message. Hopefully they will ring me back tonight.

Either way, thanks for the link.

I have used xoom for quite a while too......2-3 years ago they would take 4-5 days to process, but now the money is transferred from my US account to my BPI account within hours. The fees are pretty low....$4.99 for up to $3000.00.......................but they also make a little profit on the exchange rate. BTW, you have the option of sending in USD or Php.

Thanks. I will go ahead and add my credit union information and see if I can do that direct from my account in the states.

I had used Xoom some years ago, and still have my account. Pretty good security I recon. It sent me an email right away letting me know someone had accessed my account. I suppose because it had been dormant for so long.

Sameoooohhhh here.

Been using xoom for a few years now.

$4.99 (sometimes free using coupon codes) -- From my US checking account to my BDO peso savings account (which I also have online access), (there's a total limit I can send to Philippines, $6k within a month).

It's quick and very easy, you can send online, anywhere or while at home, while still n your undies LOL (it's received in the Philippines within hours *deposit to my BDO account, or picked up by someone, or door to door delivery within Cebu City is just within 24 hours but maybe this is because the addresses are already pretty familiar. I never had one problem with xoom except I hate paying the $4.99 fee when I am unable to get a coupon code and the exhange rate does suck.

Now, I am still looking for other ways to send money to Philippines, I'd like fast and reliable, free, and great exchange rate. I will check that one shared by Ozepete. Thanks!

Dammit. You know, I am so f*$kin' pissed (not drunk, but mad) right now! This seems to always happen at the worst possible time, ya know?

I just dumped a ton of money from my accounts locally, into a loan project. THEN, and only THEN, I have an issue with my damn debit card, and over $25.00 USD! (It was an automated payment from my previous host, the one that hosted this forum in fact, that I wanted canceled.) It never fails. If I don't do anything, and don't spend any money, I have no issues!

This time, I ended up leaving myself open, and screwed again. :D