• +Global Mod
  • 9,074 posts
  • 2963 thanks
  • 1,098 topics
  • Local time: 07:21 PM
  • My Blood Type:A+
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:58 PM

Can you go to NSO in Cebu and get a copy of your marriage license the same day?

Where is NSO in Cebu?

Thanks

#2 Headshot

Headshot

My Wife's Teddy Bear

• +Global Mod
  • 14,091 posts
  • 5175 thanks
  • 327 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:12 PM

The NSO office in Cebu City is on Cuenco. It depends on when you got married as to the answer on your question about how long it takes. If you got married a year ago, you can go to any NSO office to request the record. There is also an office in the Talisay City Hall that doesn't have the long lines the Cebu City office has. It will take you a week to get the certified records. If you were married recently, then you have to go to the third floor of the City Savings building on Osmena and apply there. They will have to run the record through Manila and it will take three to four weeks to get it (provided everything goes well). Then, they will send you to the Cebu City NSO office on Cuenco to pick up the certificates, and that will take several hours of standing in lines. The only way you can get the certificates the same day is if you have been married over a year, the certificate was properly recorded by NSO, and you stand in the long lines at the Cuenco office. The NSO office is easy to recognize. It is the one with lines of people extending out of the cage on the front of the building. The office opens at 8 AM, but the line starts to form before 5 AM.

If you don't know da rules, please read them.

If you do know da rules, please follow them.

#3 spooks

spooks
  • +Forum Mod
  • 3,231 posts
  • 608 thanks
  • 42 topics
  • My Blood Type:No option.

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:09 AM

We called the NSO office they gave us a ref number and asked thatwe paid 660 pesos into Maybank quote that reference. Two days later the certificate was delivered to our home. Amazing but true!!

#4 Runswick

Runswick
  • 17 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • 4 topics
  • Local time: 05:21 AM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:56 AM

Got married 4 weeks ago - still waiting for the damn NSO certificate. I had naively thought we would be leaving the church with the marriage certificate... so thats 4 weeks (and counting) of unanticipated delay before we can be together fulltime - as we need the NSO document for her Visa

Oh well - I don't complain to much as it will be worth it in the end :P

#5 Mailman

Mailman

Semi-intelligent descendant of ape.

• Elite Member
  • 3,353 posts
  • 1144 thanks
  • 101 topics

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:07 AM

Got married 4 weeks ago - still waiting for the damn NSO certificate.

LOL We got ours after 6 months.
DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. Mailman, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Eight Worlds', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Eight Worlds' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence.

#6 shadow

shadow

Play that funky music

• Elite Member
  • 4,459 posts
  • 1740 thanks
  • 177 topics
  • Local time: 11:21 PM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:44 AM

Got married 4 weeks ago - still waiting for the damn NSO certificate. I had naively thought we would be leaving the church with the marriage certificate... so thats 4 weeks (and counting) of unanticipated delay before we can be together fulltime - as we need the NSO document for her Visa

Oh well - I don't complain to much as it will be worth it in the end :rolleyes:

You should go back to the LCR and request they expedite sending your certificate. For a small fee this can usually be accomplished. Otherwise, it will sit in a pile until one day they send the whole pile to Manila. This may take 6 months or more.

Larry in Dumaguete

Larry in Dumaguete

Pinay Visa

#7 m60man

m60man
  • Elite Member
  • 1,261 posts
  • 872 thanks
  • 40 topics

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:06 AM

Immigrations here in Davao got ours last week for us. Took 250 peso's and the next morning it was there. However, we were married over a year ago. Your problem will be that it takes time for NSO to receive the document and then record it. If you were married in the last 30 days or so they probably have not received or recorded yet. Good Luck

#8 UZI

UZI
  • Banned
  • 4,422 posts
  • 2488 thanks
  • 446 topics

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:57 AM

For Birth, Marriage, Death or CENOMAR, get NSO Certified copies online from:

e-census

#9 USMC-Retired

USMC-Retired

You can't trust the internet

• +Global Mod
  • 9,074 posts
  • 2963 thanks
  • 1,098 topics

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:43 PM

The problem with ecensus is you need to be married 6 months prior to using. So good deal if you have been married 6 months.

Teleserve is another site that does it electronic. So I am going to try and use them. Better then 5 hours in line.

http://www.citizenservices.com.ph/nso/

#10 spooks

spooks
  • +Forum Mod
  • 3,231 posts
  • 608 thanks
  • 42 topics

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

The problem with ecensus is you need to be married 6 months prior to using. So good deal if you have been married 6 months.

Teleserve is another site that does it electronic. So I am going to try and use them. Better then 5 hours in line.

http://www.citizenservices.com.ph/nso/

Hi,

This is what we did and it worked so well I was ready to send it back saying it must all be a mistake :scratch_head:

Do not worry it was all ok and just mega efficient, I be surprised if I could have done as well for a postal door to door service anywhere else. :tinkerbell:

Ok we called NSO 7371111

provided

1/ Full names of Husband & wife

2/ Date of marriage

3/ Place of marriage

4/ marriage registry number

5/ Purpose of requesting the copy ( New passports etc)

6/ Fee for copy and bank to pay into(Metro Bank fee was 660p)

This info is keyed in and a reference number given.

Take fees to metro bank ask guard for correct slip to pay NSO. complete slip and advise cashier which copy certs you are after and its done, receipt issued.

Two days later we had the copies in our hands by delivery.

hope this helps

Edited by spooks, 11 July 2010 - 03:43 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea