Does any of you have some knowledge about those quota visas?
Is there anybody who has been through this process?
Or do you know someone who got this visa?
Seems to be a good choice for people who are not married to
Filipinas, but bought some condominium in the Philippines, for example.
Is it easy to obtain if you indeed invested more than 40 thousand USD?
Especially if your nationality is less popular, not American, Australian,
Canadian etc. Are there more than 50 applicants from most countries every year?
Moreover, what is the procedure if someone wants to start in the Philippines, not abroad?
Thank you in advance for describing your experiences in this field.
Philippines Immigrant Visa - Quota (13)
The conditions provided in this Act allow only 50 applicants whose countries accept Filipinos as immigrants on a reciprocal basis to obtain the Immigrant
Quota Visa annually.
1. Accomplished and Notarized General Application Form (BI Form No. MCL-07-01)
2. Original and photocopy of passport valid for at least six, showing the admission stamp and authorized period to stay
3. Original copy of proof of actual investment of at least US$40,000.00 (bank deposit is not accepted) in the Philippines or proof of applicant's special
qualification which has advanced or will advance the country's national interest
4. Original copy of the Medical Certificate issued by the Bureau of Quarantine and International Health Surveillance or any government authorized medical
institution which certifies that the applicant is not infected with any serious or contagious disease; and, is mentally healthy
5. Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate; and
6. National Intelligence Coordinating Agency (NICA) Clearance.
1. Submit the requirements above to the Philippine Embassy or Consulate (addressed to the Consular Officer).
2. The Consular Officer will forward the application to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).
3. The DFA will determine that the number of applicants has not reach the quota for the year.
4. The Consular Officer will interview the applicant.
5. Approval or Refusal will be issued.
Edited by Admin, 28 June 2010 - 1:04 AM .
Link removed. Please read the rules - Paul