• Sponsor
  • 1,387 posts
  • 160 thanks
  • 165 topics
  • Local time: 08:26 PM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 25 April 2010 - 8:59 AM

I just left the Philippines for a few week stay in the USA..Last week when I left,immigration asked for my ACR card and then I believe they scanned it and returned it back to me.I read somewhere on this forum that immigration keeps your card?Well I will return beginning may staying this time just under 6 months..Since they returned my ACR card will I be able to use it for my next tour here or will I have to obtain a new one?

#2 lazydays

lazydays

Chillaxing

• Elite
  • 4,466 posts
  • 1119 thanks
  • 71 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:50 AM

It depends which ACR-I card you have,there is the Tourist ACR-I card and a Resident ACR-I card (Resident Visa).

I think i'm correct in saying:
The Tourist ACR-I card valid 1yr or until you leave (if less than 1yr stay),is usually not returned when you leave the country.

The Resident ACR-1 card is valid for 5yrs,and would be returned to you after scanning at the Airport.

#3 liquido

liquido
  • Sponsor
  • 1,387 posts
  • 160 thanks
  • 165 topics

Posted 26 April 2010 - 1:20 AM

Yes its a tourist ACR card receiving it early april this year...I stayed just over 6 months,immigration gave me the card back..I will be back in 2 weeks staying less than 6 months..I hope the ACR card will still be good...

It depends which ACR-I card you have,there is the Tourist ACR-I card and a Resident ACR-I card (Resident Visa).

I think i'm correct in saying:
The Tourist ACR-I card valid 1yr or until you leave (if less than 1yr stay),is usually not returned when you leave the country.

The Resident ACR-1 card is valid for 5yrs,and would be returned to you after scanning at the Airport.

#4 easy44

easy44

Janitor

• +Global Mod
  • 4,992 posts
  • 1356 thanks
  • 83 topics
  • My Blood Type:A+

Posted 26 April 2010 - 8:19 AM

I think you just got lucky. They are supposed to take it when you leave the country.

#5 David Spicer

David Spicer
  • Elite
  • 874 posts
  • 183 thanks
  • 4 topics

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:16 PM

Yes its a tourist ACR card receiving it early april this year...I stayed just over 6 months,immigration gave me the card back..I will be back in 2 weeks staying less than 6 months..I hope the ACR card will still be good...

It was an ovbious mistake returning it to you and has more than likely been voided in the system. You will of course pay for new one with your first extension beyond 59 days.

#6 Bonehead

Bonehead

Stroker

• Elite
  • 249 posts
  • 35 thanks
  • 9 topics

Posted 26 April 2010 - 6:22 PM

Hi, I'm also confused about the ACR card. I'm staying here on a tourist visa. I have a 1 year multi entry visa. When I went to extend my stay, I asked for an ACR card and the guard at Cebu immigration told me that I cannot get one unless I'm married to a Filipina.

The thing is, without an ACR card or local ID, I can't get electric, phone, or internet in my name. Everything is in my landlord's name.

I ended up not extending my stay and I've been flying out every two months. But that's getting expensive.

#7 liquido

liquido
  • Sponsor
  • 1,387 posts
  • 160 thanks
  • 165 topics

Posted 26 April 2010 - 9:08 PM

If your at immigration ask them,not the guard..I signed a Smartbro internet contract for 1 year last year being here on a tourist visa without an ACR card..Not knowing your situation,leaving the electric in your landlords name is kind of standard and if in doubt,just ask to see it..You can also pay a travel agency or a gentlemen on this board that has a service that will get your ACR card for a nominal fee..........

Hi, I'm also confused about the ACR card. I'm staying here on a tourist visa. I have a 1 year multi entry visa. When I went to extend my stay, I asked for an ACR card and the guard at Cebu immigration told me that I cannot get one unless I'm married to a Filipina.

The thing is, without an ACR card or local ID, I can't get electric, phone, or internet in my name. Everything is in my landlord's name.

I ended up not extending my stay and I've been flying out every two months. But that's getting expensive.

#8 Bonehead

Bonehead

Stroker

• Elite
  • 249 posts
  • 35 thanks
  • 9 topics

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:40 PM

If your at immigration ask them,not the guard..I signed a Smartbro internet contract for 1 year last year being here on a tourist visa without an ACR card..Not knowing your situation,leaving the electric in your landlords name is kind of standard and if in doubt,just ask to see it..You can also pay a travel agency or a gentlemen on this board that has a service that will get your ACR card for a nominal fee..........

Thank you. I was new here when I went down there. The guy had a gun and badge, I thought he was an immigration officer. I ended up paying him a ton of money to stamp my passport for me. I didn't know any better at the time.

If I remember correctly, I paid him 17,000 pesos and he gave me a BB stamp. I got in trouble for that when I flew out 6 months later. Since then I've been kinda scared to go back to that office, so I just been flying out every two months.

Edited by Stroker Hawaii, 26 April 2010 - 10:43 PM .

#9 Lee From Cebu

Lee From Cebu

ex mod

• Inactive Member
  • 1,508 posts
  • 358 thanks
  • 170 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Visited 1 to 5 trips

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:23 PM

You need to get a hold of Ancient rocker here on the forums ..he handles that kind of thing for a very good price no problems and all legal

#10 SAM_NY

SAM_NY
  • Inactive Member
  • 83 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • 1 topics
  • Local time: 07:26 AM
  • My Blood Type:A+
  • Philippines:Visited 1 to 5 trips

Posted 21 May 2010 - 7:43 AM

That guard was working there as a guard for a reason. Think about why he wasn't inside working as an immigration officer. You should have asked all the information about ACR from an immigration officer.

I don't know what made you to pay that kind of money to a guard especially for the thing that you could do it by yourself without a hitch. Perhaps, you have a lot of money to spend or you might not handle a simple fling paper thing. Next time stay away from paying anyone including fixers and immigration officers. Just do the things right way. If you don't have time or don't want to go thru all the hassle then you can use the service of any travel agency over there for a few hundreds peso. Good luck.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea