• Sponsor
  • 919 posts
  • 412 thanks
  • 7 topics
  • Local time: 04:00 PM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 03 January 2010 - 1:04 AM

Saw this just a minute ago...a little on the higher side but it's a 3-bedroom that is semi-furnished.

HOUSE FOR RENT FURNISHED PUSOK CEMENTO LAPU2X
AIRCON..STOVE AND OVEN..REF..DINING TABLE..BED AND MATTRESS..SALA SET..MICROWAVE..TV..FANS..MIRRORS...3 BEDROOMS..TOILET..GARAGE..VERY SAFE..NEAR MARKET..BANKS..MALLS..AIRPORT......ASKING 15K MONTHLY..

Posted Image

Posted Image
Big Rob,
I want to thank you for your efforts and commend you for adding a great service to the forum. As a "Lurker" who doesn't post much, I never the less read this forum religiously every day. The info you are providing will help all of us who are planning to retire in the Phillipines in the future. I want you to know that I appreciate what you are doing!
Thanks!
Dennis

Posted Image

#12 lazydays

lazydays

Chillaxing

• Elite
  • 4,582 posts
  • 1143 thanks
  • 74 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 03 January 2010 - 1:05 AM

Certainly cheaper rentals than Davao City.
Here, 2bed,1cr, furnished, 60sqm single story,start @ P15000 a month.
Similar, unfurnished start @ P10000 a month.

#13 DeezNuz

DeezNuz

(Deceased)

• Deceased
  • 3,501 posts
  • 506 thanks
  • 151 topics
  • Local time: 05:00 PM
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate

Posted 03 January 2010 - 9:03 AM

For mid-high level rentals...Cebu is still way out of balance from where, "I think it should be." There are still many well to do Chinese-Filipino's that own most of the rental property and are still trying to gouge prospective tenants.

Although, once in a great while you'll find a few houses/condos/town homes that are reasonably priced within 'Filipino Standards'.

WARNING: Beware a lot of the rental/sale properties you find online as most I've come across are simply reposts by those individuals passing themselves as 'agents' wanting to earn a finders fee. Basically, what some of these so-called agents do is go online, find a rental property or house for sale and repost it with a higher price or tag on another months advance. The proceeds from what the original owners are asking would be their commission/finders-fee. AVOID THESE FOLKS.

These individuals add no real value to you in terms of customer service. They would not be willing or able to help you in your negotiations or to assist you in securing better terms with the property owner. These people just want to line their pocket as quickly as possible and then get outta Dodge..and man, there are a lot of them out there!

Now, there is an easy way to weed those people out, or at least reduce their negative impact on your wallet.

The best way to start out is asking the contact person on the listing if they are the owner of the property. If they are not, ask to get the number of the owner so you can talk to them. Give them the excuse that you have some important questions about the structure, maintenance history and safety of the area that you prefer to discuss directly with the owner in order to save time. If they refuse...look for another place. Obviously, you know that speaking directly with the owner is more advantageous since they would be easier to negotiate with.

Here's an example...recentlly I rented a two bedroom town house that I found online and it in fact was a repost by one of those 'agents'. After some time explaining I would just rent from someone else I found online (later I found out the 'somone else I found online' was actually the original online listing by the OWNER of the town house). When I was finally able to secure the number of the owner of the house and in my phone conversation with them found out they had no real ties to the 'agent' and was able to weed them out of the negotiations process all together.

The town house was originally being advertised at P6,000/month with 1-month deposit and 3/months advance. I gained leverage in the negotiations by the fact I'm an expat (a more secure renter in their mind) and offering to pay the owner a whole year in advance if he reduced the monthly rental and allowed me to sub-lease the house to an employee. I was able to secure it for P4,000 a month by paying the 12-months in advance (Approx. USD$1,040 for the entire year). Plus, no need for any deposit. The place is small by US standards (80 SQM total between two stories) but is close to public transportation, a Gaisano and other small vendors.

Now I don't expect everyone to secure a deal like this, as it depends on a few factors such as the renter's ability to negotiate and the owner's financial situation to name a few.

I just hope this little bit of information helps you newbies to Cebu gain a little more knowledge and perspective so that you can save some money.

Edited by BigRob, 03 January 2010 - 9:22 AM .

Thanked by 1 Member:
Justin Kredible

#14 Wombat No More

Wombat No More
  • Banned
  • 4,613 posts
  • 1779 thanks
  • 333 topics
  • My Blood Type:O-

Posted 03 January 2010 - 9:15 AM

And for God's sake... hide the bloody grog before he arrives!!!

Just don't forget whome to invite on your house warming party...woooohoooohoooo!!!!Posted Image

Right. Me!

Attached Files

#15 DeezNuz

DeezNuz

(Deceased)

• Deceased
  • 3,501 posts
  • 506 thanks
  • 151 topics

Posted 03 January 2010 - 8:54 PM

Apartments for rent in a private compound in Talisay City, Cebu. Four of the units are fully furnished while one is unfurnished. The owner is willing to accept short term rentals of at least 1 month.

Talisay City , Cebu

Type

2 storey apartments, 5 units

Amenities/ Description

2 bedrooms, 1 toilets/baths, fully furnished or unfurnished

Distances from Points of Interest

10-15 minutes to Gaisano Fiesta Mall
10-15 minutes to Tabunok public market
about 10 minutes to private beach resorts of Talisay
20-25 minutes to SM city mall via the south coastal road
around 45 minutes to the Cebu-Mactan International Airport

Price

P16,000.00/month, fully furnished units
P8,000.00/month, unfurnished unit

Contact Person

Achilles or Marjorie Santiago
Phone No. (+63)(32) 417-9640,
Mobile No. 0922-8088230 or 0927-5206158
EMail Address: achisant@gmail.com or santachi8@yahoo.com

Edited by BigRob, 03 January 2010 - 9:05 PM .

#16 DeezNuz

DeezNuz

(Deceased)

• Deceased
  • 3,501 posts
  • 506 thanks
  • 151 topics

Posted 03 January 2010 - 9:01 PM

HOUSE AND LOT FOR SALE/RENT at the back of Gaisano Grand Mall of Mactan
NEW HOUSE AND LOT FOR SALE/RENT

2 bedroom,1 CR, garage, balcony, laundry terrace,well ventilated
Furnished: (Brand New)
Nice Sala Set
6 seater Sala Set
Electric Stove and Rice Cooker
Electric Kettle
2 Double Size Bed with foam and 4 pillows and Beddings
Washing Machine / Exhaust Fan / Electric Fan
Refrigerator / 21' TV
2 sets of Aircon

LOCATION: Basak, Lapu-Lapu city at the back of Gaisano Mall of Mactan.

please contact 09228935650/ 09167231766
look for Carina

PRICE:2.2M (negotiable)
RENT: 15K /month

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 DeezNuz

DeezNuz

(Deceased)

• Deceased
  • 3,501 posts
  • 506 thanks
  • 151 topics

Posted 04 January 2010 - 4:45 PM

2 BR Townhouse for RENT, Lapu-lapu city
Newly Renovated Semi-Furnished 2-Storey TownHouse

Description: 2BR, 1T&B, 1 Service or Laundry Area
Ammenities: 1 aircon, 1 double bed, kitchen with exhaust and cabinets, rooms with cabinets
Rental price: 7.5-8k negotiable

If interested you may contact: 09275309926

#18 jazzy

jazzy
  • Elite
  • 169 posts
  • 18 thanks
  • 4 topics
  • Local time: 06:00 PM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 5:38 PM

For mid-high level rentals...Cebu is still way out of balance from where, "I think it should be." There are still many well to do Chinese-Filipino's that own most of the rental property and are still trying to gouge prospective tenants.

Although, once in a great while you'll find a few houses/condos/town homes that are reasonably priced within 'Filipino Standards'.

WARNING: Beware a lot of the rental/sale properties you find online as most I've come across are simply reposts by those individuals passing themselves as 'agents' wanting to earn a finders fee. Basically, what some of these so-called agents do is go online, find a rental property or house for sale and repost it with a higher price or tag on another months advance. The proceeds from what the original owners are asking would be their commission/finders-fee. AVOID THESE FOLKS.

These individuals add no real value to you in terms of customer service. They would not be willing or able to help you in your negotiations or to assist you in securing better terms with the property owner. These people just want to line their pocket as quickly as possible and then get outta Dodge..and man, there are a lot of them out there!

Now, there is an easy way to weed those people out, or at least reduce their negative impact on your wallet.

The best way to start out is asking the contact person on the listing if they are the owner of the property. If they are not, ask to get the number of the owner so you can talk to them. Give them the excuse that you have some important questions about the structure, maintenance history and safety of the area that you prefer to discuss directly with the owner in order to save time. If they refuse...look for another place. Obviously, you know that speaking directly with the owner is more advantageous since they would be easier to negotiate with.

Here's an example...recentlly I rented a two bedroom town house that I found online and it in fact was a repost by one of those 'agents'. After some time explaining I would just rent from someone else I found online (later I found out the 'somone else I found online' was actually the original online listing by the OWNER of the town house). When I was finally able to secure the number of the owner of the house and in my phone conversation with them found out they had no real ties to the 'agent' and was able to weed them out of the negotiations process all together.

The town house was originally being advertised at P6,000/month with 1-month deposit and 3/months advance. I gained leverage in the negotiations by the fact I'm an expat (a more secure renter in their mind) and offering to pay the owner a whole year in advance if he reduced the monthly rental and allowed me to sub-lease the house to an employee. I was able to secure it for P4,000 a month by paying the 12-months in advance (Approx. USD$1,040 for the entire year). Plus, no need for any deposit. The place is small by US standards (80 SQM total between two stories) but is close to public transportation, a Gaisano and other small vendors.

Now I don't expect everyone to secure a deal like this, as it depends on a few factors such as the renter's ability to negotiate and the owner's financial situation to name a few.

I just hope this little bit of information helps you newbies to Cebu gain a little more knowledge and perspective so that you can save some money.

Hi BigRob

You certainly are one of the many GEMS in this forum.

jazzy
  • sre1607 likes this

#19 DeezNuz

DeezNuz

(Deceased)

• Deceased
  • 3,501 posts
  • 506 thanks
  • 151 topics