#1 Rolando Alunan

Rolando Alunan
  • Inactive Member
  • 51 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 19 topics
  • Local time: 04:39 AM

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:39 AM

Can anyone recommend the right place (or not go) to go in either of those cities for a dental implant?

#2 Ilovecebu

Ilovecebu
  • Inactive Member
  • 1,349 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 463 topics
  • Local time: 08:39 PM

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:41 PM

My Dentist here does everything, BUT dental implants. She says thats an open wound that will not heal.

I did read in the local paper that a french dentist was in cebu teaching a new MINI Implant technique. I do not know how good it is

#3 Terp

Terp
  • Elite Member
  • 1,355 posts
  • 118 thanks
  • 76 topics
  • Local time: 04:39 PM
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 26 December 2006 - 09:54 PM

My Dentist here does everything, BUT dental implants. She says thats an open wound that will not heal.

I've had a couple of dentists here in Cebu tell me the same thing...

#4 ThePhils

ThePhils
  • Inactive Member
  • 98 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 3 topics
  • Local time: 10:39 AM

Posted 26 December 2006 - 10:52 PM

Can anyone recommend the right place (or not go) to go in either of those cities for a dental implant?

Here are the contact info of a couple of dentists in Cebu given by Cebuonwheels.com

http://cebuonwheels....ntist_tours.htm

email them (the dentists) & ask....even if they donīt do it, they might/should know where u can go & get it done.

What u should know is that implants take TIME ! weīre talking 3-4 months before itīs all finished (best case scenario).

Cheers!

#5 Rolando Alunan

Rolando Alunan
  • Inactive Member
  • 51 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 19 topics

Posted 28 December 2006 - 05:33 AM

Really? Well I guess the consensus about sums it up; for PI at least.

An open wound will not heal? So root canals are out too? That involves opening up the same area basically.

If PI dentists aren't comfortable with it, then I guess we won't try and get it done.

My wife has a tooth missing in front of a upper back wisdom tooth. I guess that'd be an implant.

A crown requires something left to put the crown on - right?

Implants are kind of a routine thing in the US, but pricey, and not covered by insurance.

#6 ThePhils

ThePhils
  • Inactive Member
  • 98 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 3 topics

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:26 AM

Really? Well I guess the consensus about sums it up; for PI at least.

An open wound will not heal? So root canals are out too? That involves opening up the same area basically.

If PI dentists aren't comfortable with it, then I guess we won't try and get it done.
My wife has a tooth missing in front of a upper back wisdom tooth. I guess that'd be an implant.

A crown requires something left to put the crown on - right?
Implants are kind of a routine thing in the US, but pricey, and not covered by insurance.

Rolando !

Iīm not a Dentist..so what do i know.... :) What i do know & have, is a lot of experience of different dentists... most European, some US & a couple of Phil Dentists.

I had 4 rootcanals done within a week when having major work done in Angeles City. So, sure! Rootcanals is not a problem at all.

Regarding crowns....

When in Cebu (at the Fernando Dental clinic) in November 2006 i had work done with an existing 2 teeth bridge/crown. The reason i went there was that the crown actually didnt have much of any support (underlying filed downed teeth)...So, Dr Enrique Fernando used the existing bridge by removing it & put in titanium posts (NOT implants) & reattached the bridge onto the posts which made it much more supportive. It was done in one sitting & cost = Php 3000.

Donīt know if this can be done in your wifes case...but if it can be done, it sure will save time (pain & agony) & money!

Cheers!

Patric

Edited by ThePhils, 28 December 2006 - 10:28 AM.

#7 Rolando Alunan

Rolando Alunan
  • Inactive Member
  • 51 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 19 topics

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:54 AM

Well Patric, she has a tooth on each side of the missing tooth. Maybe she could just have done what you did then.

Where's the Fernando Dental Clinic?

#8 ThePhils

ThePhils
  • Inactive Member
  • 98 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 3 topics

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:13 AM

Well Patric, she has a tooth on each side of the missing tooth. Maybe she could just have done what you did then.

Where's the Fernando Dental Clinic?

Sounds to me like all she needs is a bridge/crown (which is good! cause itīs easy to do & a lot cheaper than implants).

Usually, (good dentists serving a lot of Kanos & well off Filipinos) This is the cost: 1 crown/cap (& rootcanal) is round about Php 5000. So, if she needs a 3 teeth bridge... that would be something like Php 15000 = $ 300 !!!

Contact your local US dentist & ask him what he will carge u/your wife for a couple of rootcanals & a 3 teeth bridge :) . When you get the estimate from your US dentist i can promise u that uīll find the Filipino offer to be VERY reasonable.

The Fernando Dental clinic is in Cebu City (inside a mall, second floor).

Check out the link i provided for further contact info of this dentist on my earlier post in this thread!

Cheers!

Edited by ThePhils, 29 December 2006 - 01:14 AM.

#9 Rolando Alunan

Rolando Alunan
  • Inactive Member
  • 51 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 19 topics

Posted 29 December 2006 - 06:37 AM

Okay the link's working for me now..

Thanks

Edited by Rolando Alunan, 29 December 2006 - 06:39 AM.

#10 mek

mek
  • Inactive Member
  • 100 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 8 topics
  • Local time: 08:39 AM
  • My Blood Type:B+
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 14 April 2007 - 06:56 PM

That's the same theoritical grounds as to gastrosnomy feed children.These are children who can't swallow neither drink water,as very weak swallowing reflex.In order for them to survive ,a lil hole is made through the abdominal area just lil above the navel going through abdominal wall then through the stomach.They are feed only with nutrient rich supplements.And these children thrive and growing healthy.They aren't in hospitals,infact parent can manage these childen of their own,feeding them through the tube either by bulos feed or gastrosnomy machine .They will never have any chance of life had this particular procedure not been done . Obviously, this is a surgical incession made and will remain open for as long as the child /person lives .Some are now in their adult life.

So what the heck about this dentist.She needs to do more training ,guess to update herself of new medical possibilities in her trade. She must be practicing like the time in the 60's.

If any of ya wanting implants rather have it back home ( US,Aus,canada,UK etc) ur more safe and more dental experts in the field.

Edited by mek, 14 April 2007 - 06:59 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea