• +Founder
  • 32,640 posts
  • 7228 thanks
  • 3,930 topics
  • Local time: 03:30 AM
  • My Blood Type:AB+
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 25 December 2009 - 6:37 PM

A mate of mine and I are having a conversation regarding adultery in the Philippines. We have a mutual friend... okay, maybe not a friend, but a disabled American we both know who is screwing one girl, but still married to another Filipina. We have both told him that there are penalties if they are caught together by his wife. Both of them can and will go to jail over it if found guilty.

Anyway, someone, fairly recently, posted the penalties, including jail time, if I recall. However, I am unable to find it on the forums through searching.

Does anyone remember who posted it, or possibly which thread it was posted in, and when it was written?

Thanks,

#2 A_Simple_Man

A_Simple_Man

Once a night in shining armor

• Sponsor
  • 5,545 posts
  • 1398 thanks
  • 133 topics
  • Local time: 04:30 AM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 25 December 2009 - 6:52 PM

The guy I am thinking of only ever posted one time . . is this the one you are thinking of?

British man faces 7 year jail term for adultery

"Sadly the husband in the case decided it was an opportunity to make money because, I believe, he thought I was a rich foreigner, and submitted a claim firstly for 7,000, and now 30,000."

#3 The Mason

The Mason
  • Sponsor
  • 1,108 posts
  • 448 thanks
  • 17 topics
  • My Blood Type:No option.

Posted 25 December 2009 - 6:54 PM

The only way your friend is guilty of adultery is if his new girlfriend is already married to someone else. The RP law defines adultery as a married woman having sex with a man who is not her husband. In this case, both the man and woman are guilty of adultery.

Your friend may be in trouble for concubinage though. Concubinage is "committed by any husband who shall keep a mistress in the conjugal dwelling, or, shall have sexual intercourse, under scandalous circumstances, with a woman who is not his wife, or shall cohabit with her in any other place."

The section of law for adultery is article 333 and concubinage is covered in 334. There are a lot of things that can mitigate the penalties, so its not a guarantee he will go to jail if he is ever convicted of concubinalge.

#4 broden

broden

Fuhgeddaboudit

• +Forum Admin
  • 29,092 posts
  • 6807 thanks
  • 4,254 topics
  • Local time: 03:30 PM
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 25 December 2009 - 6:59 PM

there is also the Bolo subsection of said law

With a cheery smile and a wave of his hand he wandered off to an unknown land.

Not all those who wander are lost.

#5 Paul

Paul

The Big Fella

• +Founder
  • 32,640 posts
  • 7228 thanks
  • 3,930 topics

Posted 25 December 2009 - 7:49 PM

The only way your friend is guilty of adultery is if his new girlfriend is already married to someone else. The RP law defines adultery as a married woman having sex with a man who is not her husband. In this case, both the man and woman are guilty of adultery.

Your friend may be in trouble for concubinage though. Concubinage is "committed by any husband who shall keep a mistress in the conjugal dwelling, or, shall have sexual intercourse, under scandalous circumstances, with a woman who is not his wife, or shall cohabit with her in any other place."

The section of law for adultery is article 333 and concubinage is covered in 334. There are a lot of things that can mitigate the penalties, so its not a guarantee he will go to jail if he is ever convicted of concubinalge.

Taken from this page: Chan Robles Virtual Law Library: Revised Penal Code Of The Philippines Book II

Title Eleven
CRIMES AGAINST CHASTITY

Chapter One

ADULTERY AND CONCUBINAGE

Art. 333. Who are guilty of adultery. — Adultery is committed by any married woman who shall have sexual intercourse with a man not her husband and by the man who has carnal knowledge of her knowing her to be married, even if the marriage be subsequently declared void.
Adultery shall be punished by prision correccional in its medium and maximum periods.

If the person guilty of adultery committed this offense while being abandoned without justification by the offended spouse, the penalty next lower in degree than that provided in the next preceding paragraph shall be imposed.

Art. 334. Concubinage. — Any husband who shall keep a mistress in the conjugal dwelling, or shall have sexual intercourse, under scandalous circumstances, with a woman who is not his wife, or shall cohabit with her in any other place, shall be punished by prison correctional in its minimum and medium periods.

The concubine shall suffer the penalty of destierro.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes sir, that was it. Thanks a million. But, I thought, although I could be wrong here, that someone also posted the prison lengths for each crime?

Edited by Admin, 25 December 2009 - 7:53 PM .

#6 Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor

Damsel_in_Distress

• Elite Member
  • 387 posts
  • 96 thanks
  • 6 topics
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 25 December 2009 - 8:18 PM

Taken from this page: Chan Robles Virtual Law Library: Revised Penal Code Of The Philippines Book II

Title Eleven
CRIMES AGAINST CHASTITY

Chapter One

ADULTERY AND CONCUBINAGE

Art. 333. Who are guilty of adultery. Adultery is committed by any married woman who shall have sexual intercourse with a man not her husband and by the man who has carnal knowledge of her knowing her to be married, even if the marriage be subsequently declared void.
Adultery shall be punished by prision correccional in its medium and maximum periods.

If the person guilty of adultery committed this offense while being abandoned without justification by the offended spouse, the penalty next lower in degree than that provided in the next preceding paragraph shall be imposed.

Art. 334. Concubinage. Any husband who shall keep a mistress in the conjugal dwelling, or shall have sexual intercourse, under scandalous circumstances, with a woman who is not his wife, or shall cohabit with her in any other place, shall be punished by prison correctional in its minimum and medium periods.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes sir, that was it. Thanks a million. But, I thought, although I could be wrong here, that someone also posted the prison lengths for each crime?

The penalty of prison correctional has a duration of six months and one day to six years. (Article 27 paragraph 4 of the Revised Penal Code)

#7 Paul

Paul

The Big Fella

• +Founder
  • 32,640 posts
  • 7228 thanks
  • 3,930 topics

Posted 25 December 2009 - 8:40 PM

Thanks, Grazee.

That, and the information The Mason provided is exactly what I need.

#8 tonny

tonny
  • Elite Member
  • 402 posts
  • 88 thanks
  • 51 topics

Posted 25 December 2009 - 9:19 PM

Thanks, Grazee.

That, and the information The Mason provided is exactly what I need.

Keep in mine a man has to be caught with a woman in the act or she goes to court and says she had sex with him.

For a woman it is a lot easier to convict remember the laws where written by man in both houses of congress only now there are a few women in those bodies and only one or two trying to change the law that one Lady senator comes to mine is always talking about it and has introduce a bill to make it the same evidence for both sex's

#9 Mailman

Mailman

Semi-intelligent descendant of ape.

• Elite Member
  • 3,353 posts
  • 1144 thanks
  • 101 topics

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:06 PM

Title Eleven
CRIMES AGAINST CHASTITY

Chapter One

ADULTERY AND CONCUBINAGE

Art. 333. Who are guilty of adultery. Adultery is committed by any married woman who shall have sexual intercourse with a man not her husband and by the man who has carnal knowledge of her knowing her to be married, even if the marriage be subsequently declared void.

Art. 334. Concubinage. Any husband who shall keep a mistress in the conjugal dwelling, or shall have sexual intercourse, under scandalous circumstances, with a woman who is not his wife, or shall cohabit with her in any other place, shall be punished by prison correctional in its minimum and medium periods.

More:

Title Eleven
CRIMES AGAINST CHASTITY

Chapter Five
PROVISIONS RELATIVE TO THE PRECEDING CHAPTERS OF TITLE ELEVEN

Art. 344 Prosecution of the crimes of adultery, concubinage, seduction, abduction, rape and acts of lasciviousness. The crimes of adultery and concubinage shall not be prosecuted except upon a complaint filed by the offended spouse.

The offended party cannot institute criminal prosecution without including both the guilty parties, if they are both alive, nor, in any case, if he shall have consented or pardoned the offenders.

The offenses of seduction, abduction, rape or acts of lasciviousness, shall not be prosecuted except upon a complaint filed by the offended party or her parents, grandparents, or guardian, nor, in any case, if the offender has been expressly pardoned by the above named persons, as the case may be.

In cases of seduction, abduction, acts of lasciviousness and rape, the marriage of the offender with the offended party shall extinguish the criminal action or remit the penalty already imposed upon him. The provisions of this paragraph shall also be applicable to the co-principals, accomplices and accessories after the fact of the above-mentioned crimes.

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. Mailman, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Eight Worlds', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Eight Worlds' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence.

#10 Penguin

Penguin
  • Inactive Member
  • 1,045 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • 36 topics

Posted 26 December 2009 - 4:36 AM

First off, if a married woman goes with another man, than off with her head. Simple.

Secondly, if a married man goes with another woman, he's only guilty if a) he doesn't introduce the woman to his wife or wives and/or B) he doesn't take the woman as his wife.

Thirdly, if a man wants to take care of 1, 2 or 20 women and thinks of all of them as his wives and doesn't hide anything, then that's not concubinage, it's plural marriage.

Modern society gives too much power to women who abuse it and control their men with that power.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea