Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeezNuz

Monthly Fishing Trip

45 posts in this topic

Everyone,

We've got some exciting news! The Sport Fishing Club of Cebu, along with TCE Tackles and Cebu Sport Fishing will be hosting a MONTHLY fishing excursion.

Yes, you heard that right, the last Sunday of every month there will be a group fishing outing to help promote the sport of fishing in Cebu.

Here are the details:

SPONSORED BY: The Sport Fishing Club of Cebu

Hosted By: The Sport Fishing Club of Cebu, TCE Tackles and Cebu Sport Fishing

WHEN: Every LAST Sunday of every month. Starting January 2010.

We will visit different areas every month.

Type: Bottom Fishing & Jigging (No trolling)

Price: P910.00 per person w/ one free raffle ticket per person

Capacity: Minimum 10/persons - Maximum 15/persons

Club members and an experienced Fishing Guide will be accompanying all trips. The price includes bait and transportation (pickup point being TCE Tackles) plus one ticket to the monthly raffle (to be awareded after each trip). This will be a full day fishing excursion and everyone is invited to come along!

Everyone will be required to bring their own food/drinks and fishing gear.

In order to secure your seat on the boat, we recommend secure your seat a few weeks in advance by visiting TCE Tackle Shop as they are sure to fill up quick. Should the maximum capacity of 15-people be reached we would place anyone else interested in joining on a waiting list (just in case someone backs out).

As previously mentioned, this will be a regularily scheduled fishing trip for ANYONE to participate on the LAST SUNDAY of EVERY MONTH. In addition, TCE Tackles will be donating a Rod & Reel set valued at approximately P1,000 .00 every outing! Cool.

Hope to see you soon. This is a great fishing trip for beginners!

A BIG THANKS goes to Paul and Living In Cebu Forums for supporting The Sport Fishing Club of Cebu and this event by allowing us to post this event on the forums. Proceeds from it will be used to help the Club establish aritifical reefs in devastated areas, educate people on the impact of overfishing/dynamite/cyanide fishing and to help establish other projects to support sport fishing in Cebu.

post-5388-126076229759_thumb.jpg

If you guys need more info, you can call Rainer at 032-420-3537 or Jane at 032-422-8325.

Or just PM or e-mail me.

Everyone,

We've got some exciting news! The Sport Fishing Club of Cebu, along with TCE Tackles and Cebu Sport Fishing will be hosting a MONTHLY fishing excursion.

Yes, you heard that right, the last Sunday of every month there will be a group fishing outing to help promote the sport of fishing in Cebu.

Here are the details:

SPONSORED BY: The Sport Fishing Club of Cebu

Hosted By: The Sport Fishing Club of Cebu, TCE Tackles and Cebu Sport Fishing

WHEN: Every LAST Sunday of every month. Starting January 2010.

We will visit different areas every month.

Type: Bottom Fishing & Jigging (No trolling)

Price: P910.00 per person w/ one free raffle ticket per person

Capacity: Minimum 10/persons - Maximum 15/persons

Club members and an experienced Fishing Guide will be accompanying all trips. The price includes bait and transportation (pickup point being TCE Tackles) plus one ticket to the monthly raffle (to be awareded after each trip). This will be a full day fishing excursion and everyone is invited to come along!

In order to secure your seat on the boat, we recommend secure your seat a few weeks in advance by visiting TCE Tackle Shop as they are sure to fill up quick. Should the maximum capacity of 15-people be reached we would place anyone else interested in joining on a waiting list (just in case someone backs out).

As previously mentioned, this will be a regularily scheduled fishing trip for ANYONE to participate on the LAST SUNDAY of EVERY MONTH. In addition, TCE Tackles will be donating a Rod & Reel set valued at approximately P1,000 .00 every outing! Cool.

Hope to see you soon. This is a great fishing trip for beginners!

A BIG THANKS goes to Paul and Living In Cebu Forums for supporting The Sport Fishing Club of Cebu and this event by allowing us to post this event on the forums. Proceeds from it will be used to help the Club establish aritifical reefs in devastated areas, educate people on the impact of overfishing/dynamite/cyanide fishing and to help establish other projects to support sport fishing in Cebu.

BigRob,

I would be interested in this but unfortunatly I'm traveling back to the UK end of December to work for 6 months :not_see: if its still going in July when I get back to Cebu I would like to go :)

Regards Chaz

Edited by Chaz

Everything sounded GREAT until I read the following:

I dont own my own deep sea fishing rod, and I'm wondering how many other forum members are going to be "in the same boat". LOL

I'd love to go out for a full day of deep sea fishing, if the fishing gear was provided.

Sounds like fun, I wish I knew how to fish thoughany-help.gif

Yeah..this is a Club event so there is no fishing gear that I know of available for rent. My company gear is always out on charters so I don't have anything available. Although, I'm sure some of Club members are going, and they may be more than likely to lend you one of their rods & reels. Just contact Rainer from the tackle shop and we can try to find a club member willing to help you out.

Now if you are the type like me, who hates to borrow gear (I am accident prone), you can just get your own stuff. Should cost no more than P500 for a good rod & reel w/ line. Then invest another P200 in the tackle (sinkers, hooks, rangoon, etc...) and you're all set.

This is the perfect trip for beginners as the club is trying to help promote the hobby in Cebu. The fishing guide and club members going on these trips have knowledge of where to fish and how to fish for them. Including knowledge of the best payaws (aritifical reefs made of natural materials) to fish. You'll definately learn alot from one of these excursions.

BigRob,

I would be interested in this but unfortunatly I'm traveling back to the UK end of December to work for 6 months not_see.gif if its still going in July when I get back to Cebu I would like to go smile.gif

Regards Chaz

Yeah man...this is a club event that will happen every month. So no worries dude. They are scheduling a trip for the LAST Sunday of every month to help promote the hobby and gain new club members.

The last time I went fishing with one of the club members we landed some nice size Lapu Lapu and a trumpet fish (this thing scared the hell out of me cause at first I thought it was a sea snake).

If you have your own gear we can even show you how to set up a rangoon so you can fish the heavy currents here in Cebu.

P500 for a new rod???? Come on!

I'm thinking there is no way a P500 rod is going to catch a tuna.

We are talking about real deep sea fishing, right?

When I watch those guys reeling in a big fish, it takes like two guys pulling on the rod to reel it in, or they are using some kind of motor thing that does all the work. I just cant imagine some bamboo type rod holding it together for the big fish.

I thought those serious rods and reels where like 5000 to 15000 pesos.

P500 for a new rod???? Come on!

I'm thinking there is no way a P500 rod is going to catch a tuna.

We are talking about real deep sea fishing, right?

When I watch those guys reeling in a big fish, it takes like two guys pulling on the rod to reel it in, or they are using some kind of motor thing that does all the work. I just cant imagine some bamboo type rod holding it together for the big fish.

I thought those serious rods and reels where like 5000 to 15000 pesos.

You aren't likely to catch a tuna while bottom fishing anyway.

You aren't likely to catch a tuna while bottom fishing anyway.

Ahh yes, I missed that part in the OP.

I was just assuming open water or big game fishing.

This is just basic fishing then.