• Announcements

• Paul

New Members: Click Here   03/09/2017

Hello. If you are a new member, and feel a bit apprehensive about posting in the "open" forums, or, just wish to get your "sea legs" prior to posting in the open forums, feel free to post anything you wish to talk about, in the Newbies Forum. No one will bother you, or give you any sort of grief. Everyone there is happy to help you get answers to your questions.
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
liquido

DHL,Federal Express,UPS

15 posts in this topic

I have some important papers that I need to send to the USA..Can anyone recommend one of the big 3?? Or if anyone going back soon I would be happy to compensate you for the effort........

I have some important papers that I need to send to the USA..Can anyone recommend one of the big 3?? Or if anyone going back soon I would be happy to compensate you for the effort........

I've used FedEx in the past and they've been reliable but they are expensive. I now use LBC when I need to send papers to the US. It takes 4-5 days to arrive and you can send up to 500g for about 1200p.

Whatever you do don't use the Philippine postal system to send anything important or valuable, I learned that the hardway. After my first time in Manila, I sent my new in-laws a gift box I had put together of clothes, candy and some jewelry. Two months later, the box arrived, taped over and virtually empty. True story.

I send a fairly large number of documents throughout the year to the US and other countries. I ship them through LBC or FedEx, always. I have yet to have a packet lost en route.

However, a fairly large number of packages shipped via PhilPost have been lost over the years.

I never thought of using LBC so I decided to give them a try...The price was 1260p for 1 document which seemed fair going to California..I wonder who's tracking software they purchased?? lol Thanks

Edited by liquido

A FedEx document pack to the US is about P2,000, if it contains items other than documents but is still very light (less than 1kg) its about P3,000.

I always have a hard time getting it right. Its either 2go or go2. I have used them to ship to Canada and USA. Takes around 3-4 days. They use DHL. It was the best priced out of the bunch out of around 10 documents, they have all arrived.

i used FEDEX for the documents 1200pesos, it takes 3days to USA.

Is there an office for Fedex or LBC or any other courier service in Cebu?

I went to LBC in Fooda and they say to call the number and someone will come pick up the documents. I don't trust giving important papers to some guy on a trike and I prefer to drop off my envelope in person.

The docs need to go to Canada asap.

Everytime i use fedex it's door to door from cincinnati in 3 days. Just sending papers should be cheap. But to send a 10-20lb package cost me like 500$. I think there is a fedex store inside of SM in cebu city. Otherwise, you should be able to go direct to fedex @ the mactan international airport in the international business zone. I saw the fedex building when I was driving to Waterfront hotel mactan (the one at the airport).

Edited by senseless