• Announcements

• Paul

New Members: Click Here   03/09/2017

Hello. If you are a new member, and feel a bit apprehensive about posting in the "open" forums, or, just wish to get your "sea legs" prior to posting in the open forums, feel free to post anything you wish to talk about, in the Newbies Forum. No one will bother you, or give you any sort of grief. Everyone there is happy to help you get answers to your questions.
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dinuguanboy

simple wedding expenses

20 posts in this topic

What would be the average cost of a simple wedding in the Philippines with 5 people in attendance?

The cost of the judge (I was quoted 4000php in cebu) and the cost of your embassy to prove your not married (your divorce cert & 1500php last year)

The cost of the judge (I was quoted 4000php in cebu) and the cost of your embassy to prove your not married (your divorce cert & 1500php last year)

What is that in US dollars and are credit cards from the USA accepted in the Philippines?

What is that in US dollars and are credit cards from the USA accepted in the Philippines?

http://www.google.co...=lr%3D&aq=f&oq=

and sometimes but not often. Expect to pay in cash.

Edited by Jay

My GF wants an $1100 wedding party, if we can afford it. :crack-up:

She's talking renting a school auditorium, catering, etc. not sure why we need the pageantry but girls will be girls. I can afford it, but I keep thinking she's not understanding the whole "it's OUR money" concept. She's not the best with money, I have to admit. In fact if I move there my budget will likely be not dissimilar to her budget while supporting her extended family.

Sigh.

So what would 50,000 pesos BUY in a wedding party anyway?

OK so thats

Cost of judge 4,000

Cost of embassy 1,500

Cost of wife reminding you for the rest of your life about the cheap wedding you gave her . . . . Priceless

Cost of wife reminding you for the rest of your life about the cheap wedding you gave her . . . . Priceless

That's what I'm thinking. Maybe the best 50,000 I spent, or else just forget it. I think any attempts at bargaining will be ill advised.

Edited by locktite

My GF wants an $1100 wedding party, if we can afford it. :crack-up:

She's talking renting a school auditorium, catering, etc. not sure why we need the pageantry but girls will be girls. I can afford it, but I keep thinking she's not understanding the whole "it's OUR money" concept. She's not the best with money, I have to admit. In fact if I move there my budget will likely be not dissimilar to her budget while supporting her extended family.

Sigh.

So what would 50,000 pesos BUY in a wedding party anyway?

In the last wedding I've attended with pictures in the gallery, the mother of the groom told me they spent TOTAL 50,000 pesos! A church wedding with more than 100 people attending.

It was the most quite, intimate and elegant wedding I've attended yet simple! It made we wish to have that kind of wedding for my own children in the future!

We have a saying in the Philippines that no matter how big or small your expenses or how simple or grand the wedding is, people will always talk about it mostly in a negative note.

Not in this wedding....good food all the guests are comfortable and satisfied and even created a new friendship and contacts! :sad_01:

Very practical bride and groom. They are soon bound to Laredo, Texas to work as nurses!

Just look around for a better deal! They are just around....

In the last wedding I've attended with pictures in the gallery, the mother of the groom told me they spent TOTAL 50,000 pesos! A church wedding with more than 100 people attending.

It was the most quite, intimate and elegant wedding I've attended yet simple! It made we wish to have that kind of wedding for my own children in the future!

We have a saying in the Philippines that no matter how big or small your expenses or how simple or grand the wedding is, people will always talk about it mostly in a negative note.

Not in this wedding....good food all the guests are comfortable and satisfied and even created a new friendship and contacts! :crack-up:

Very practical bride and groom. They are soon bound to Laredo, Texas to work as nurses!

Just look around for a better deal! They are just around....

Looking for a gig as a wedding planner?