• 32,572 posts
  • 7211 thanks
  • 3,924 topics
  • Local time: 01:20 AM
  • My Blood Type:AB+
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 23 July 2009 - 8:49 PM

Greetings:

I went via ferry from Cebu Province to Panay (Ilo-Ilo City) direct, and then from Ilo-Ilo City, via fast craft, across to Bacolod City, Negros Occidental. I returned to Cebu by land and fast craft, from Bacolod to San Carlos, San Carlos to Toledo City, and Toledo City to Carcar, Cebu.

The return trip I took will take you from Bacolod City to San Carlos City, via Salvador Benedicto. A bus trip on this route takes about 2.5 hours to 3.0 hours. You can drive it in less time, though. Bacolod City is the capitol of Negros Occidental and is about 87 kilometers west of San Carlos City, located on the opposite coast of Negros Island. The drive across the island is breathtaking at times. The scenes are quite beautiful traveling through the mountains. I would recommend it to anyone.

While there, I was able to meet up with Turbota (Ron) and another fellow I have known for a number of years, Ray. I am glad I was able to meet up with Ron, who was quite hospitable an fetched us at the mall to go have a drink and chat with him for a while. Thanks, Ron.

That evening, Ray's brother-in-law drove me to a hotel that I wasn't sure about at first, as I thought it may be too pricey upon initially viewing it. It is The Bacolod Pavillon Resort Hotel. However, after viewing the rooms, as well as the tariff sheet, I was impressed with the room quality, the cleanliness of the hotel, and the associated room pricing.

A photo I stole from Skyscraper City:
Attached File  bacolod_pavillion_resort_hotel.jpg   127.8KB   245 downloads

The Bacolod Pavillon Resort Hotel is very close to the pier, where you can secure a fast craft or slow ferry across to Ilo-ilo, or to other points in the Philippines.

Here is the contact information for the hotel/resort, in case you would like to book your next stay in Bacolod:

The Bacolod Pavillon Resort Hotel
Burgos Street, Reclamation Area, Bacolod City
Phone: (034) 434-6391 to 91, (034) 433-9620
Fax: (034) 433-9598, (034) 433-5989
Email: info@bacolodpavillon.com

Below are a few photos I took while there. (Please excuse the photo quality, because they were taken with a camera phone.) This is the De Luxe Room, where we stayed, Room 302:

Attached File  Image031.jpg   154.54KB   254 downloads

Attached File  Image034.jpg   164.47KB   168 downloads

Attached File  Image036.jpg   183.74KB   103 downloads

The De Luxe room amenities included: Refrigerator, direct dial phone, air-con, hot & cold shower, a western toilet, two large windows (corner of the building room), and two double beds, all in a a large spacious room.

The only other room I viewed, prior to checking in, was an Executive Room. It had a kitchenette, separate bedroom, and a sitting area as well. Had I stayed longer than one night, I definitely would have chosen this room. However, I didn't need the extra frills the Executive Room offered. So, I chose the De Luxe Room instead.

Other amenities offered by the hotel / resort, are a swimming pool, ample parking area outside, bar & restaurant cafe, room service until 1:00am, function rooms, and a backup generator in case of brownouts.

The hotel offers 87 rooms with free breakfast for two, on five floors in the hotel. The resort offers 21 rooms, without breakfast.

Here are the hotel room rates:
Tycoon: Php 3,500
Presidential: Php 3,000
Junior Suite: Php 2,500
Executive: Php 2,000
De Luxe: Php 1,500

Here are the room rates for the resort, which is located on the same property as the hotel:

Suite Room: Php 1,350
Family Room: Php 1,100
Standard Room: Php 900

Here is a link to the gallery where I uploaded related images.

You may download The Bacolod Pavillon Resort Hotel Menu, by clicking the link, below:

Attached File  bacolod_pavillion_resort_hotel_menu.pdf   324.02KB   229 downloads

I was not very during our one night stay, only ordering some fish fingers and soft drinks. The fish fingers were quite good, though.

The Bacolod Pavillon Resort Hotel offers drop offs for you, to any point in the City, or to the Bacolod-Silay Airport, which is a bit out of town. The current rates for any point in town, are: Php 200 for two persons, and Php 75 for each additional person. To drop you at the airport, the current rate is: Php 600 for two persons, and Php 150 for each additional person.

We were quite happy with our stay at The Bacolod Pavillon Resort Hotel. There is no doubt that I will stay there again, upon my next trip to Bacolod.

Date of stay: 21, July, 2009

Thanks for reading,

Edited by Admin, 12 January 2010 - 8:19 AM .
updated email address / website link added.

#2 Paul

Paul
  • +Founder
  • 32,572 posts
  • 7211 thanks
  • 3,924 topics

Posted 23 July 2009 - 9:22 PM

I just added a photo of the front of the building, that I took from the Skyscraper City website.

#3 Art

Art
  • Sponsor
  • 3,278 posts
  • 1346 thanks
  • 85 topics
  • Local time: 04:20 AM
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 12 January 2010 - 5:53 AM

I'm trying to send an email to this hotel and I'm having no luck does anyone know the correct email address for Bacolod Pavillon Resort?

Thanks

#4 Paul

Paul
  • +Founder
  • 32,572 posts
  • 7211 thanks
  • 3,924 topics

Posted 12 January 2010 - 7:57 AM

Hey, I will ring them for you. I will PM the results to you.

#5 Paul

Paul
  • +Founder
  • 32,572 posts
  • 7211 thanks
  • 3,924 topics

Posted 12 January 2010 - 8:37 AM

Email address link updated, and website added.

#6 udonthani

udonthani
  • Banned
  • 4,097 posts
  • 1546 thanks
  • 403 topics
  • Local time: 02:20 AM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Visited 9 times +

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:16 AM

we went from Bacolod to Cebu via San Carlos a few weeks ago. A sugar cane truck overturned and blocked the road totally. There was a massive tailback on both sides that must have stretched for miles. There was nothing we could really do. Even though it would have been awkward with our bags, after about an hour, we looked around for somebody who might be ready to take us the 60km to San Carlos on a motorbike or motorbikes, but drew a blank. The bus was stranded for four hours.

after a while this hawker turned up with water and food like hard boiled eggs. I was sure he'd take advantage and inflate his prices, but he didn't. The eggs were still only 5.

in Bacolod, we were only there for one night and stayed at a crummy dive for 350. It had aircon and cable tv though. My attitude about Bacolod is that it's such a dump, you might as well cut your losses and stay in a right shithole.

#7 Paul

Paul
  • +Founder
  • 32,572 posts
  • 7211 thanks
  • 3,924 topics

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:30 AM

we went from Bacolod to Cebu via San Carlos a few weeks ago. A sugar cane truck overturned and blocked the road totally. There was a massive tailback on both sides that must have stretched for miles. There was nothing we could really do. Even though it would have been awkward with our bags, after about an hour, we looked around for somebody who might be ready to take us the 60km to San Carlos on a motorbike or motorbikes, but drew a blank. The bus was stranded for four hours.

after a while this hawker turned up with water and food like hard boiled eggs. I was sure he'd take advantage and inflate his prices, but he didn't. The eggs were still only 5.

in Bacolod, we were only there for one night and stayed at a crummy dive for 350. It had aircon and cable tv though. My attitude about Bacolod is that it's such a dump, you might as well cut your losses and stay in a right shithole.

I always enjoy reading your positive position on the Philippines, Whippy. Thanks for sharing. :kidding:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea