Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mik

Massage parlor serves as front for prostitution?

18 posts in this topic

Massage parlor serves as front for prostitution?

Updated July 18, 2009 12:00 AM

CEBU, Philippines - The National Bureau of Investigation rescued eight masseuses working in an uptown massage parlor, allegedly used as prostitution den, during an entrapment operation Thursday night upon the request of Provincial Board member Victor Maambong.

The NBI operatives also took into custody Lourdes Omas-as, cashier of Stress Free Massage Parlor, and receptionist Maricar Cabrera including utility worker Nestor Abregana after they confirmed that the establishment is engaged in prostitution.

Special investigator Arnel Pura who led the operation said that the three were just invited for questioning to shed light on the operation of their massage parlor. Pura said that the three will be used as witnesses against the manager and owner of the establishment.

NBI regional director Medardo de Lemos said that they will be filing a criminal case for violation of Republic Act 9208 otherwise known as the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act against the owner Glen Lim and manager Emylyn Limosnero.

Lim and Limosnero were not around during the entrapment but some of the women rescued executed an affidavit saying that the management allowed them to perform

.... The agent agreed and gave the P1,500 marked money to the masseuse and signaled the rest of the NBI operatives who were pre-positioned at the area to effect the raid.

After being sure the extra service was as advertised, of course.

Wait. Stop. Let me get this straight. Massage parlors are being used as covers for prostitution?

No way! C'mon. I'm shocked - shocked I tell ya. :):huh:

Like Bryan said... they forgot to pay their, errr, um... donations.

Or, they really pissed someone off, in power.

I like how they use the term "rescued" What are the girls being rescued from exactly? It sounds from the story as if the owner and manager is the victim not the other way around:

Lim and Limosnero were not around during the entrapment but some of the women rescued executed an affidavit saying that the management allowed them to perform

After being sure the extra service was as advertised, of course.

Maybe he didn't like the service. :)

So how could the masseuses be rescued? Rescued from what? From their own greed? They were not slaves and apparently they are the actual criminals in this situation and being pressed to sign affidavits against the owner and manager to keep themselves out of jail. Of course Filipinos would believe this nonsense even though the journalist puts the actual truth right in there in front of your eyes :)

Well, they were held at gunpoint and made to earn "extra" money from their clients. You don't believe that, Nick? It's the truth, I'm sure of it. lol

Man, this story is ridiculous. The employees knew exactly what they were doing. All they will do now is become free lancers on the street, go to work at a bar, or go to another massage parlor to work.

The agent said that the masseuse told him that the extra service would cost him P500 to P1,500 depending on the type of service. The agent agreed and gave the P1,500 marked money to the masseuse and signaled the rest of the NBI operatives who were pre-positioned at the area to effect the raid.

- Fred P. Languido/MEEV (THE FREEMAN)

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?artic...bCategoryId=107

they should make a movie of these heroes

they could show it on pay-per-view

Well, they were held at gunpoint and made to earn "extra" money from their clients. You don't believe that, Nick? It's the truth, I'm sure of it. lol

Man, this story is ridiculous. The employees knew exactly what they were doing. All they will do now is become free lancers on the street, go to work at a bar, or go to another massage parlor to work.

Agreed. The idea that the employees were doing it against there will, here in the Philippines, is totally ridiculous.

Realistically, what I see could of happened is that someone in office did not get their monthly cut. Then decided to flex a little muscle to get their point across. One other thing it does is it shows the other places that operates establishments such as this that they don't want to fall behind on those monthly payoffs.

Proof is in some of the bars around Cebu. Makes you wonder how just a hand full can be fully nude and flaunt the extra services of their staff without any hesitation.

The terrible thing is, I would think most of the people that read the article actually believe there government agencies are doing all they can to make this city a better place.

Edited by CebuSportFishing