• 5,625 posts
  • 1418 thanks
  • 133 topics
  • Local time: 04:10 PM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 21 June 2009 - 5:39 PM

http://wikimapia.org...rosia-Food-Park

Just a couple miles north of Fooda just off the main road to your west. Good filipino food that westerners enjoy too. You can take your whole family on a budget of 100 pesos a head. Typically a westerner will eat the bbq chicken or the pork belly with french fries but there are many other choices.

The karaoke is upstairs. The upstairs is often reserved for parties but when they are not busy just go on up. Make sure you ask to see the snakes in the back. Sometimes they will bring them out for a showing if you have a party there.

#2 D_D

D_D
  • Elite Member
  • 2,647 posts
  • 500 thanks
  • 90 topics
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 21 June 2009 - 6:05 PM

I agree it is good Pinoy food at a good price. Set back from the road so not so much pollution or dust.

The only think I don't like about the place is they are alwasys out of leche flan for dessert . "Out of stock Sir !"

#3 Mik

Mik
  • Inactive Member
  • 1,883 posts
  • 199 thanks
  • 135 topics
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:57 AM

The sizzling chicken and fried pork chops are good too. They don't have a bar, but the beer is cold. There is a playground for kids. The pythons out back are huge. They serve them on special occasions like Chinese New Year. They also have some cute monkeys. I wonder if those are on the menu?

It's about a half kilometer north of Consolacion Jollibee, between the Cansaga bridge and the Pitogo bridge. It's a big place, you can't miss it.

Edited by M.Morey, 22 June 2009 - 11:03 AM .

#4 kar wren

kar wren

Jingle BIngle Engle!!!

• Elite Member
  • 682 posts
  • 46 thanks
  • 29 topics
  • My Blood Type:B+

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:09 AM

..Talking about food makes me really hungry. (Can't wait for lunchtime).

#5 D_D

D_D
  • Elite Member
  • 2,647 posts
  • 500 thanks
  • 90 topics
  • My Blood Type:No option.

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:21 AM

It could be a good place for a meet up.... if the government would fix the highway in the area.

The Highway in that area has to be in the worst condition of all of Cebu.

#6 easy44

easy44

Janitor

• +Global Mod
  • 4,929 posts
  • 1317 thanks
  • 82 topics
  • My Blood Type:A+

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:51 PM

It could be a good place for a meet up.... if the government would fix the highway in the area.

The Highway in that area has to be in the worst condition of all of Cebu.

Not to get off the subject, but I will anyway. That road, one of the most heavily traveled in Cebu is an abomination. It should be four lanes and there is plenty of room to do so without the hassle they had to go through in Banilad. It is full of huge potholes that never get fixed and the result is a traffic jam every day, for no good reason. It is a disgrace to whatever government agency is responsible for it's maintenance. For a road that has such high profile, you would think someone would take responsibility, and credit, for fixing it.

Edited by easy44, 22 June 2009 - 12:52 PM .

#7 Angie

Angie
  • Elite Member
  • 1,030 posts
  • 70 thanks
  • 40 topics
  • My Blood Type:B+

Posted 22 June 2009 - 1:25 PM

Not to get off the subject, but I will anyway. That road, one of the most heavily traveled in Cebu is an abomination. It should be four lanes and there is plenty of room to do so without the hassle they had to go through in Banilad. It is full of huge potholes that never get fixed and the result is a traffic jam every day, for no good reason. It is a disgrace to whatever government agency is responsible for it's maintenance. For a road that has such high profile, you would think someone would take responsibility, and credit, for fixing it.

We went to Liloan yesterday to see a place my friend wanted to buy. We passed by the place and yes, the road is horrible. It has been that way for a long time now. I wonder if the people responsible for that area can make their vehicles fly (whenever passing that area) that they don't notice the problem.

#8 Paul

Paul

Culture Shock

• +Founder
  • 33,529 posts
  • 7491 thanks
  • 3,988 topics
  • Local time: 12:10 AM
  • My Blood Type:AB+
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 22 June 2009 - 9:28 PM

Who the hell wants to eat with snakes around the joint!!?? :D :D :)

That's where they widened the road not too long ago, right?

#9 Mik

Mik
  • Inactive Member
  • 1,883 posts
  • 199 thanks
  • 135 topics
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate

Posted 23 June 2009 - 8:34 AM

They widened the road from Consolacion to Liloan except a 1 or 2 km stretch was never finished. Looks like they ran out of money. I wonder why?

It's supposed to be a national highway but our barangay road is smoother than that. I was impressed with the south highway. But the north highway is a disgrace. Governor Gwen, where are you?

#10 A_Simple_Man

A_Simple_Man

Once a night in shining armor

• Sponsor
  • 5,625 posts
  • 1418 thanks
  • 133 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 23 June 2009 - 9:29 AM

Just to clear up the road issue. When you come from Cebu and the south you do not see the bad section of road when you go to Orosia. If you do you have gone too far . . turn around and go back to where the bad part ends . . that is where you find Orosia.

And Paul, the snakes get to eat chickens and possibly small children but you are pretty safe, even a big python would have trouble with your girth. As Mike said, they don't have a regular bar so if you ever want to have a party there, ask for the upstairs and byob (unless you want San Miguel which is a reasonable price there)

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea