#1 ramel

ramel
  • Inactive Member
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 1 topics
  • Local time: 09:41 AM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:55 AM

I'm planning to visit the U.S. Consulate in Cebu to renew my US passport. I already have the DS-82 form, photos, and know the M-F 9am-11am office hours. I called the U.S. Embassy in Manila and they said it should take 2-3 weeks. However, I have never been to the Consulate in Cebu and have a few questions.

1) I don't live in Cebu and cannot wait 2-3 weeks for the new passport. Will the U.S. Consulate in Cebu setup the FedEx delivery of the new passport to my non-Cebu address -OR- do I need to arrange with FedEx in Manila to handle the new passport delivery?

2) Is there usually a line of people waiting for the office to open at 9am -OR- is it relatively easy just to arrive at the U.S. Consulate in Cebu and get served quickly? Since I'm planning to visit Cebu only to get the passport renewal, I want to schedule my time appropriately.

3) Has anyone had any unexpected problems with passport renewals they care to share. For example: does it really take 2-3 weeks -OR- is this part of EXPEDITED service? Any issues with FedEx delivery?

Thanks

#2 South'rn Boy

South'rn Boy

Southern by the Grace of God

• +Founder
  • 30,465 posts
  • 6776 thanks
  • 3,837 topics
  • Local time: 08:41 AM
  • My Blood Type:AB+
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:35 AM

Since living in the Philippines, I have had two passports stolen. Both times, it took about two weeks for the replacement passport to be delivered here. I picked it up at the consulate, which is located, by the way, in the Waterfront Hotel, Lahug.

I believe that is their typical delivery time, or it was years ago. (The last passport I had stolen was in 2004.)

I'm sorry I can't be of further help than that.

Please follow this link if you wish to access political, religious & debated topics forums that are hidden.

What US President Obama deserves: Impeachment -> Trial for Treason -> Firing Squad

#3 Mik

Mik
  • Inactive Member
  • 1,883 posts
  • 199 thanks
  • 135 topics
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:54 AM

http://manila.usemba...a001.html#renew

Passport Renewal

All US citizens seeking passport, citizenship and birth registration services should first contact (63) (2) 879-4747 (ACS-Air21/FEDEX Local Courier Service), 7:30am - 4:30 pm, Mon-Fri, except American and Philippine holidays) to obtain a hardcopy of the necessary forms and requirements listed below.The US Embassy has partnered with Air21/FedEx to provide blank forms, pick-up completed forms and documents, and deliver passports/Consular Report of Birth Aboard to any location in the Philippines for a nominal fee.

Requirements

(for renewal)

Personal Appearance: If your most recent passport was issued at the age of 16 or older and issued less than 15 years ago, the personal appearance requirement is waived and you can use FORM DS-82. All others will need to complete Form DS-11 and appear before a US consular officer at the US Embassy. Applicants will be contacted by the US Embassy to set-up an appointment after the application form is submitted.

TWO-PARENT CONSENT LAW: NOTARIZED STATEMENT OF CONSENT IS NOW REQUIRED FOR NON-APPEARING PARENT. APPEARANCE OF BOTH PARENTS IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED
Parents of minor applicants must execute the passport application in person at the U.S. Embassy in Manila or the Consular Agency in Cebu. Both parents must provide evidence of identity (such as a passport, photo ID) and original proof of parentage (such as the childís birth certificate listing parentsí names, Adoption Decree, or Consular Report of Birth Abroad).

In accordance with the Department of State's guidelines, the U.S. Embassy requires a notarized statement of consent when only one parent executes a U.S. passport application of a child under the age of 16. The statement should contain the child's full name and date of birth. The statement must give the non-appearing parentís unequivocal and unconditional consent to the issuance of the passport, and must be notarized before a competent notary or a notary at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad. If the person executing the application in person has documentary evidence that he/she has sole custody of the child (e.g. custody order or death certificate), then only one parent is necessary to execute the application. The statement must contain the child's full name and date of birth. For statement of consent form, please click on DS-3053.

The U.S. Embassy strongly prefers that both parents appear in person during the application process; however, at times that is not practical. In such cases, the Embassy may accept a notarized statement of consent from the parent who does not appear. The Embassy will decide whether a personal appearance is nevertheless required. The new requirement that a non-appearing parentís statement be notarized is intended to prevent child abduction or other interference with the non-appearing parentís rights.

For more information, please check the Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairsí website at http://travel.state.gov, and the Embassy website at http://philippines.usembassy.gov/. The websites provide the application forms and all the necessary information needed to complete the application as well as the location of the passport offices. For specific questions, please contact the U.S. Embassy at (63)(2)301-2000, Ext 2555 or by e-mail at ACSInfoManila@state.gov.

Parents having concerns about passport applications for any minor child who may become the victim of an international parental child abduction, including children between the ages of 14 and 18 who are not covered by this law, should contact the Office of Children's Issues in the Bureau of Consular Affairs at (202) 663-2641 or the State Department's International Parental Abduction Website. There is also additional information at our Child Custody page.

Application Form: Aside from contacting Air21/FedEx, you may download, print, complete, and bring or Air21/FedEx the form with the other requirements to the US Embassy. Forms are also available at the Embassy. Type or print in BLOCK LETTERS in black ink only. Use Form DS-82 if you can submit your most recent passport which was issued to you within the past 15 years and when the applicant was at least 16 years old. Otherwise use Form DS-11 under the same requirements for a first time passport.

Items to be Presented with Your Passport Renewal Application

1. Proof of U.S. citizenship
Most recent passport issued in your own name.

2. Proof of identity

Current identifying documents bearing your current name, signature and
physical description or photograph: e.g., previous passport, foreign
passport, driver's license, etc. If signing for a child under age 16, the
signing parent's identity (e.g. passport, driver's license) and evidence of
parentage (i.e. the child's birth certificate, Consular Report of Birth
Abroad) must be presented with the application with the application.

3. Photographs

Two photographs of each applicant. Photograph Specifications

4. Change of name

If your name has changed since your last passport through marriage, or
by a court order, submit the original or a certified copy of the relevant
documents.

5. Applicants under 16 years old

Sequential Photos dating from the last passport application to the
present

6. Fees

Beginning February 1, 2008, the Department of State will institute a new fee schedule for passport (book style) services. Fees are being adjusted to cover the cost of providing efficient and secure passport services.

The new passport fees are as follows: The passport fee for first-time adult applicants (age 16 and older) will be $100. For adult applicants eligible to renew a passport using Form DS-82, the fee will be $75. For children under age 16 the fee will be $85.

Minors under the age of 16 are eligible to receive a 5-year passport. Adult applicants (age 16 and older) are eligible to receive a 10-year passport.

Fees are payable either in U.S. or Philippine currency; cash or credit card only. All fees are subject to change without notice.

Payment of U.S. Passport Fees

Effective February 2, 2009, the Embassy-contracted courier, Air21/FedEx, will no longer accept payments for passport applications. Air 21/Fedex will continue to deliver U.S. passport application forms, submit personal U.S. passport applications to the Embassy, and return completed U.S. passports to customers.

U.S. passport fee payments may be made by the applicant, or his/her representative, at the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Window D, American Citizen Services, between 7:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m., Monday through Friday, except on U.S. and Philippine holidays. Payments may also be made at our American Consular Agency in Cebu between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m., Monday through Friday, except on U.S. and Philippine holidays. Payments mailed directly to the Citizenship and Passport Unit, American Citizen Services, Consular Section, U.S. Embassy, 1201 Roxas Blvd., Manila will be accepted. Unfortunately, the U.S. Embassy cannot assume any responsibility for payments sent to us. Payments may be made in cash or via credit card only.

For questions, please contact the Citizenship and Passport Unit, American Citizen Services of the U.S. Embassy at (02) 301-2000, local 2555 or 2532, between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on U.S. and Philippine holidays. We can also be reached via e-mail: acsinfomanila@state.gov.

#4 ramel

ramel
  • Inactive Member
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 1 topics

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:33 PM

I called the U.S. Embassy in Manila, but they would not answer my questions about passport delivery. Instead, they referred me to call FedEx to obtain the forms (which I already downloaded) and FedEx told me to ask the U.S. Consulate in Cebu for further information. However, the telephone of the U.S. Embassy in Cebu is automated and provides no usable information on the question of delivery outside of Cebu and I cannot get directly in touch with anyone at the Consulate.

So, let me restate two of my original questions...

Q: Can I just show up at at 9:00am to the U.S. Consulate in Cebu and expect a VERY short line (or no line) of people -OR- is this like the U.S. Embassy in Manila where hundreds of people will be waiting in line since 6:00am ?

Q: Can I just walk into the U.S. Consulate in Cebu with all the requirements for passport renewal and THEY will be able to handle the FedEx delivery of my new passport to a different island than Cebu? I know they send the old passport to Manila....but what I've asking is HOW to arrange FedEx delivery since I've not going to Manila myself and they are not delivering blank DS-82 forms to me outside Cebu.

The only reason for this trip to Cebu is because FedEx no longer can accept the passport fees, so my only option is go to Cebu or Manila...and I prefer Cebu.

Thus, I only have one day in Cebu to accomplish this renewal and would appreciate any help.

Thanks

#5 tonny

tonny
  • Elite Member
  • 388 posts
  • 88 thanks
  • 50 topics
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:17 AM

Short answer yes you can do in Cebu!!! Also to get thru on phone but still can take long time and many calls dial number ,when the recording starts hit 2 wait a second or two when message starts hit 0 the phone will ring but most of the time get another recording say no one available, call back ,i did over a period one hr. finally got thru after 11.30 as they are there all afternoon he said. Just be in line at 9 am 8.30 if you want low number but you will be seen that day.You can pay in Pesos or dollars .good luck tonny

#6 bikerdave

bikerdave
  • 837 posts
  • 52 thanks
  • 25 topics
  • Local time: 10:41 AM
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:32 AM

Every time I've been to the Cebu consulate The line wasn't too bad I waited on the average about a half hour to see the front desk guy. Then when the consulate shows up (usually 1030) no more than another half hour wait

#7 ramel

ramel
  • Inactive Member
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 1 topics

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:54 AM

Thanks for the help. I went to the U.S. Consulate, whose entrance is actually outside of the Waterfront hotel. The staff worker arrived around 8:30am and I was done by 8:50am. There were only five others waiting ahead of me.

The renewal fee was $60 USD or peso equivalent. No expedite fee was charged. Was told delivery of passport in 3-4 weeks. To arrange for FedEx delivery, all that was needed was a simple piece of paper saying:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attn: U.S. Embassy in Manila

Please deliver my passport using FedEx to the following address:

.............. your name
.............. street address
.............. city
.............. philippines, postal code

contact number(s) ................................................... signed name
................................................................................ printed name

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was told that FedEx will collect a small delivery fee upon actual delivery,
though I have no idea what that fee will be as of now.

HTH

#8 Daisy

Daisy
  • Elite Member
  • 1,582 posts
  • 220 thanks
  • 130 topics
  • My Blood Type:O+
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:40 PM

Thanks for the help. I went to the U.S. Consulate, whose entrance is actually outside of the Waterfront hotel. The staff worker arrived around 8:30am and I was done by 8:50am. There were only five others waiting ahead of me.

The renewal fee was $60 USD or peso equivalent. No expedite fee was charged. Was told delivery of passport in 3-4 weeks. To arrange for FedEx delivery, all that was needed was a simple piece of paper saying:

Attn: U.S. Embassy in Manila

Please deliver my passport using FedEx to the following address:

.............. your name
.............. street address
.............. city
.............. philippines, postal code

contact number(s) ................................................... signed name
................................................................................ printed name

I was told that FedEx will collect a small delivery fee upon actual delivery,
though I have no idea what that fee will be as of now.

HTH

If I remember it right, my American, (:D :) :lol: sorry can't help it, I am really just kidding :o) paid FedEx 125 pesos three years ago!!

#9 ramel

ramel
  • Inactive Member
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • 1 topics

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:19 AM

The FedEx delivery fee I paid was almost P300 and it took exactly 4-weeks from the day I hand-delivered my old passport and renewal fees with the form to the US Consulate in Cebu till the new passport was delivered.

Thanks

#10 South'rn Boy

South'rn Boy

Southern by the Grace of God

• +Founder
  • 30,465 posts
  • 6776 thanks
  • 3,837 topics
  • Local time: 08:41 AM
  • My Blood Type:AB+
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:59 AM