• Banned
  • 3,396 posts
  • 1267 thanks
  • 162 topics
  • Local time: 07:34 PM
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate
  • Philippines:No Answer

Posted 16 May 2009 - 1:20 AM

If you've been in the Philippines for more than 6 months, you have to apply (in person) for an Exit Clearance from the Bureau of Immigration before leaving the country. I got mine today and it's a relatively painless experience.

You'll need to take with you:
  • Three 2" x 2" colour photographs, recently taken. I got mine at "Colours Digital" on Level 1 at Ayala Mall (near Marks and Spencer).
  • Your Passport
  • Air tickets showing a confirmed reservation to leave the Philippines. They may ask to see this to check on your date of departure as ECCs should be obtained no more than 10 days prior to departure.
Here's how it works:
  • Go to the Reception Desk and tell the Immigration Officer sitting there that you need an Exit Clearance Certificate. She will ask to see your Passport and air ticket She will check to see if you have applied for all Extensions necessary for your stay. She will hand you a form to complete.
  • You complete the form and return it to the same Receptionist and hand her your three photos. She will affix the photos to the form.
  • You go to the "Cashier 3" window and hand in the form and your Passport. These will be checked and stamps are placed on the form; your Passport and form are handed back to you.
  • You now go to "Cashier 1" and again hand over your Passport and Form. If you have a 9(a) Visa in your Passport (from a Philippines Embassy abroad) you will only pay an "Express Lane" fee of PHP500. If you don't have this Visa or if you have a Visa that grants residency (9(g), 13(a) etc), you'll pay considerably more (around PHP2900 + the PHP500 "Express Lane" fee).
  • You now sit and wait a few minutes before your name will be called to be finger-printed. This takes place next to the "Cashier 1" window.
  • After a few more minutes you'll be called and your Passport and ECC handed to you. That certificate you hand to the Immigration Officer just before boarding your international flight.
Total time: 40 minutes.

Mark

Edited by Markham, 16 May 2009 - 1:32 AM .

#2 Paul

Paul

Culture Shock

• +Founder
  • 33,487 posts
  • 7480 thanks
  • 3,984 topics
  • Local time: 03:34 AM
  • My Blood Type:AB+
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 16 May 2009 - 1:29 AM

Mark,

Do you know if this applies to just those on Tourist Visas, or would it apply to someone on a Balikbayan privilege as well?

#3 Markham

Markham
  • Banned
  • 3,396 posts
  • 1267 thanks
  • 162 topics
  • My Blood Type:I cannot donate

Posted 16 May 2009 - 1:40 AM

Do you know if this applies to just those on Tourist Visas, or would it apply to someone on a Balikbayan privilege as well?

To be honest, Paul, I don't know. However since they require foreigners with residency visas (quota and non-quota) to apply for an ECC prior to leaving the country, I would not be at all surprised if Balikabayan Privilege holders also require these. The BI website is rather vague about such things and is also a bit out of date. It would be best for BP holders to enquire at BI for the latest regulations.

Mark

#4 tonny

tonny
  • Elite Member
  • 415 posts
  • 89 thanks
  • 54 topics
  • My Blood Type:No option.
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 16 May 2009 - 4:07 AM

Are you sure a 13a needs a exit clearance as i know guys here in Ormoc they say they go out of the country never get one? I do know you can use your ACR or I card like a debit card and put peso on it for you to use at exit points. Tonny

#5 tonny

tonny
  • Elite Member
  • 415 posts
  • 89 thanks
  • 54 topics
  • Philippines:Current resident

Posted 16 May 2009 - 4:42 AM

Here is some more information On the ACR (Icard)
emorandum Order No. AFFJR-07-002

Advance Payment System of ECC/RP/SRC by the ACR I-Card Holders

In the implementation of the ACR I-Card Project, there were 101, 181 applications received as of December 29, 2006 and 98,188 actually paid, however 81,729 were approved. Per accounting records, the total collections as of Nov. 30, 2006 amounted to P261,031,476.80 and 50% was credited to the account of BI which amounted to P130,506, 738.44.

Since the BI had successfully implemented the ACR I-Card Project, it is now in the process of expediting the transaction process at the BI-NAIA and other airports and seaports all over the Philippines thru the ADVANCE PAYMENT SYSTEM of Exit Clearance Certificate (ECC), Re-entry Permit (RP) and Special Return Certificate (SRC) by ACR I-Card holders.

1. ACR I-Card holder/s may now pay in advance ECC/RP/SRC and this will automatically be incorporated into the ACR I-Card, and also will be deducted automatically whenever they depart from the country.

2. This advance payment for ECC/RP/SRC can be used within the year or more, however, unused advance payments can not be refunded but should be consumed up to the last centavo and if not will be forfeited in favor of the government.

3. Computer Section
Provide program that would reflect the automatic incorporation of the advance payment to the individual account of the ACR I-Card holder. The beneficiaries of this program are (1) Alien Registration Division to process the payments (2) Cashier to accept and encode payments (3) Management staff to control and to monitor payments. Immigration Officers / Supervisors at all airports / seaports to facilitate the departure / arrival of ACR I-Card holders. Conduct trainings of personnel for the implementation of this program on advance payment system.

4. Alien Registration Division
Accept, evaluate and approve application for advance payment of ECC/RP/SRC.

5. Cash Section
* a. Provide separate lane to accommodate advance payment of ECC/RP/SRC.
* b. There must be a separate booklet/series of official receipts to be issued by the collecting officers from their advance payment.
* c. Provide a triplicate copy of the official receipts to the Management Section on a daily or weekly basis depending upon the volume of the transaction of payment.
* d. Collecting officers must encode the advance payment to automatically reflect the payment to the account of the ACR I-Card holder.

6. Management Section
To control and monitor the advance payment if ECC/RP/SRC.
* a. Maintain an individual index card of ACR I-Card holder who made the advance payment containing the following information: Name, Date of Birth, ACR/ICR/CRTV/CRTT/CRTS or CRPE Numbers, Official Receipts (OR) number, date and amount of payment.
* b. Upon receipts of copies of official receipts from the cashier, record the payment from the individual index card to be able to determine the balance that must tally with the computerized balance appearing in the computer records.
* c. Another Management Staff must encode the payment in the computerized data program to be provided by the Computer Section and I-Card / Smart personnel.
* d. Upon receipt of arrival/departure card, record it in the corresponding index card to indicate deduction from its advance payment.

7. Accounting Section
To record the collection of advance payment for ECC/RP/SRC in the book of accounts in a cash basis method wherein income account is credited upon collection of the cash.

8. NAIA I, NAIA II, other airports/seaports

Special processing lanes for ACR I-Card holders with advance payment of ECC/RP/SRC will be provided at the courtesy lanes of the Departure and Arrival counters at NAIA I and II and other international airports and seaports. This will guarantee that ACR I-Card holders are granted expedited service through dedicated processing booths during their departure / arrival at said airports. The Head Supervisor of the airports shall ensure that there are fully functioning and fully-manned ACR I-Card processing booths during hours of operations at the Departure and Arrival counters. Immigration Officers during duty hours shall man the ACR I-Card Processing Stations that will be transferred from their present location to respective Courtesy lanes at the Departure and Arrival areas. Immigration Officers doing duty hours shall undergo necessary training to be conducted by the BI Computer Section. The Computer Section shall communicate to the personnel concerned, through the Head Supervisor of the BI for NAIA I and II, the schedule of trainings.

Separate the file of arrival/departure card of ACR I-Card holders with advance payment and forward to Management Section for recording in the index card.

The Alien Registration Division, the Cash Section, the Computer Section and the Finance and Management Division (FMD) shall ensure that all concerns regarding payment of ECC/RP/SRC departure and arrival of ACR I-Card holders can be transacted at the airports/seaports throughout the Philippines.

Furnish of this memorandum to the Alien Registration Division, Computer Section, Cash Section, Head Supervisors Airports and Seaports, Finance and Management Division and all others concerned.

For strict compliance.

18 January 2007

Alipio F. Fernandez, Jr.
Commissioner

#6 aussiedon

aussiedon
  • Elite Member
  • 584 posts
  • 103 thanks
  • 36 topics
  • My Blood Type:O+

Posted 16 May 2009 - 6:03 AM

Are you sure a 13a needs a exit clearance as i know guys here in Ormoc they say they go out of the country never get one? I do know you can use your ACR or I card like a debit card and put peso on it for you to use at exit points. Tonny

Yes when I was issued my 13a I as told just to present my card on departure.

#7 Mik

Mik
  • Inactive Member
  • 1,883 posts
  • 199 thanks
  • 135 topics
  • My Blood Type:I will not donate

Posted 16 May 2009 - 8:22 AM

Yes when I was issued my 13a I as told just to present my card on departure.

I was told the same thing when I inquired at BI a couple of years ago. They said just present my I-card on departure.

Edited by M.Morey, 16 May 2009 - 8:22 AM .

#8 Turbota

Turbota

Out of Stock Sir !

• Elite Member
  • 1,326 posts
  • 271 thanks
  • 115 topics
  • Local time: 06:34 AM
  • Philippines:Previous resident

Posted 16 May 2009 - 8:35 AM

Yup ... If you are in the PI with a 13a visa and of course the ACR-I card (and have not left the PI within the last 6 months), all you do is pay for the Exit Clearance at the airport prior to your departure. No photos are required ... just your ticket, passport and ACR-I card ... cost is 2,880 pesos ... very easy.

But, if your in the PI on a Tourist Visa (9a) and you have not left the PI within the last 6 months, you cannot get the Exit Clearance at the airport. You need to do what was stated above (photos and all). And you need to do this before you get to the airport. Be advised that there are travel agents in the PI that can do this for you, but it will cost more money because they need to FedEx your passport to immigrations in Manila and then pay to have your passport FedEx'd back to them .... Also, if you have a travel agent do this for you, you need to coordinate this with them about 2 weeks before you plan to fly ... a pain in the ass!

Edited by Turbota, 16 May 2009 - 8:37 AM .

#9 Penguin

Penguin
  • Inactive Member
  • 1,045 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • 36 topics

Posted 16 May 2009 - 8:45 AM

1) You don't need an ECC if you are a Balikbayan

2) I don't know if I should use the word dated or incorrect, but either could apply to Markham's post.

I got mine in Cebu in in middle February and this is what it was like.

I went to extend my visa in Manduae City. When I approached the counter, I told them that I also needed an ECC. They gave me a form to fill out. They told me that if I got it with a visa extension, there would be no fee but if I came back even later that day then I would need to pay. I got it right then. My departure was three week away, in fact, they didnt even ask me when my departure was. If I recall right it was good for 30 days.

So the lesson here:
If you need it and you are doing extensions, ask for it when you get an extension and you won't pay extra for it.

#10 Terp

Terp
  • Elite Member
  • 1,355 posts
  • 118 thanks
  • 76 topics

Posted 16 May 2009 - 9:15 AM

The couple times I left the country via Cebu it wasn't required.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Living In Cebu Forums / Woody Paul Petrea