Jump to content
Travis

Getting a filipina to the US for vacation ??

Recommended Posts

I have been told from more than one person that it is very tough for a person from the Philippines to get access to the USA.

I would like to bring the girlfriend over to the U.S. at some point in time for a two to three week vacation.

Does anyone have experience in doing this?

 

Is it a tough process?

What does it entail?

 

I was also told that if they already have a stamp from another country on their passport that it may make it easier to get in to the U.S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have exact experience for U.S.A.. But for E.U. it is difficult. They require lots of personal documents including bank accounts (both her and the "inviter") and a document signed by her employer to show that she has a reason to return to The Philippines. For E.U. the process for a tourist visa is too cumbersome to be worth the effort.

Just remember, even after you jump through every hoop that the put in front of you, then they can simply decide "No".

Yes, it is unfair when you consider that U.S.A. nationals can simply arrive at a Philippines airport and get a tourist stamp on the spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well while i can say its very hard in defense of the countries the reasons are clear for the usa there is its said a 20 % chance the visitor will not returne to their home country and its said there are over 300 000 from here many went to visit and did not leave at the end of the visit

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Laurence said:

Yes, it is unfair when you consider that U.S.A. nationals can simply arrive at a Philippines airport and get a tourist stamp on the spot.

How much money does a foreigner (99% male?) spend here and what would a Filipino spend on vacation in USA OZ, UK, Canada?

We already have unlimited  stays to the tune of 20,000,000

Edited by lamoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on the applicant, and their ties to the Philippines.

Is this a poor person, owns no property or businesses, under the age of 40, makes less than $2000 USD per month?

Forget it.

Does this person know a US citizen male, of which she is likely to hook up with in order to stay in the US?

Forget it.

Read this;  http://pinayvisa.com/the-touristvisitor-visa.html

We process 10-20 spousal and fiance visas per year for people who have no intent to stay in the US. The proper visa for them is a tourist visa,  but they cannot get a tourist visa. One must prove they have every reason to return to the Philippines, and absolutely no reason to want to stay in the land of milk and honey. A fiance/spouse visa is the only way they will ever get to the USA.

Assuming you met this girl in person while you were here, and assuming you are both free to marry, you can petition her for a fiance visa. It will allow her entry to the US for 90 days. She must either marry you or leave the country within that 90 days. This is probably her only option.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shadow said:

It depends on the applicant, and their ties to the Philippines.

Is this a poor person, owns no property or businesses, under the age of 40, makes less than $2000 USD per month?

Forget it.

Does this person know a US citizen male, of which she is likely to hook up with in order to stay in the US?

Forget it.

Read this;  http://pinayvisa.com/the-touristvisitor-visa.html

We process 10-20 spousal and fiance visas per year for people who have no intent to stay in the US. The proper visa for them is a tourist visa,  but they cannot get a tourist visa. One must prove they have every reason to return to the Philippines, and absolutely no reason to want to stay in the land of milk and honey. A fiance/spouse visa is the only way they will ever get to the USA.

Assuming you met this girl in person while you were here, and assuming you are both free to marry, you can petition her for a fiance visa. It will allow her entry to the US for 90 days. She must either marry you or leave the country within that 90 days. This is probably her only option.

Welllll there is one other thing. She has a child in the Phills so that would be a great reason for her to return home after the visit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Travis said:

Welllll there is one other thing. She has a child in the Phills so that would be a great reason for her to return home after the visit. 

MILLIONS of OFW's leave their children behind every year. Having a child means absolutely nothing to the US embassy.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shadow said:

We process 10-20 spousal and fiance visas per year for people who have no intent to stay in the US. The proper visa for them is a tourist visa,  but they cannot get a tourist visa. One must prove they have every reason to return to the Philippines, and absolutely no reason to want to stay in the land of milk and honey. A fiance/spouse visa is the only way they will ever get to the USA.

True, but once they have been to the US (on a fiance or spousal visa) and returned to the Philippines, the US Embassy considers that prima facia evidence that the person does NOT intend to stay in the US. That is especially true if she went on a spousal visa and received (and voluntarily surrendered) a green card. The first time I took my wife to the US, we applied for a tourist visa and it was rejected. We reapplied for a spousal visa, which was accepted. She then voluntarily surrendered her green card when we returned to the Philippines after our vacation, and the next time she applied for a tourist visa, she was accepted (and was given a 10-year, multiple entry visa).

Edited by Headshot
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Travis said:

Is it a tough process?

What does it entail?

Fairly simple process.  Fill up the app, pay about $160.  You are only in the picture as the guy with the money.  Nothing about you matters.  Once she has an interview date she flies to Manila to receive her denial.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

  • Adsbygoogle

    Advert

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Donation Goals

    General Donation Fund

    A single donation fund, for costs associated with the forum, including licensing renewals, site hosting, and application costs. The site was just transferred to a new VPN, offering more resources and speed.



    $235.95 of $1,800.00 goal reached.
    Donate Now
  • Donation Stats

    • Total Donations
      $235.95
    • Total Fees
      $9.05
    • Total Goals
      $1,800.00
    • Still Needed
      $1,564.05

    • $235.95 of $1,800.00 goal reached.
  • Adsbygoogle

    Advert

×