tonny

The PESO / US Dollar rate

I have been here 12 years each year, i have seen the dollar at its highest rate usually around Xmas ,Is it going to happen again this year are not who knows but some one sure looks like there driving the dollar down,maybe so they get a good rise up, are maybe not maybe the end of the run for the dollar.What do you guys think?

No idea what will happen but my guess is the peso will strengthen. Peso is on the low end so eventually it will bounce back. Filipinas are still in demand and as long as that continues its a good thing for the peso. The downside the foreigners that come to the Philippines have less and less to spend. The money seems to be going to thailand.

More dollar will flow in because of Christmas.  Peso usually strengthens on December because of this, unless outside economic factors affects our economy.  If you need to change money, wait until December.

Edited by agent17
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK some more information ,i read in the Freeman this morning .The GNP was released yesterday and it jump up to 6.5 % in the third quarter,from 3% in the second quarter  .One bank spokesman said it was a knee jerk reaction for the Peso rise,sure hope so.But with the fed in the USA , expect to raise the key interest rates again in Dec. , maybe we are safe for  awhile yet.Sure hope so

Can Mr.Buffet please chime in....

1 hour ago, liquido said:

Can Mr.Buffet please chime in....

Not sure the point of that but ok....

• Like 1

Mr Warren Buffet.....I think his investment advice would be well received....

Edited by liquido

Well it bound back a little already so the banker was right so far, hope it go back up whee t was so in Dec. it hit above 52 ,as i did only 40K this morning and got only like 50.30 or so at HSBC bank.

1 USD =50,9294PHP

Dólar estadounidense1 USD = 50,9294 PHP
Peso filipino1 PHP = 0,0196350 USD

2017-11-17 14:33 local time

22 hours ago, billy said:

No idea what will happen but my guess is the peso will strengthen. Peso is on the low end so eventually it will bounce back. Filipinas are still in demand and as long as that continues its a good thing for the peso. The downside the foreigners that come to the Philippines have less and less to spend. The money seems to be going to thailand.

Not for folks w euro or other European currencies. Rate now on high side :cheers:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RR3 said:

Not for folks w euro or other European currencies. Rate now on high side :cheers:

Not as good as it was from 2004 to 2010

https://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter/

euro peso.png