lamoe

Traveller's in J Mall

Did my 6 mo extension (4,350 - in out less than an hour - 11:30 arrived - pick up the 16th)

Guy outside office touting the Traveller's - located in a really terrible location - end of short hall down from immigration.

She was hungry (always) - nice inside - very pleasant and quiet - lots of foreigners - small - sort of a Cheer's atmosphere

We ordered the Filipino breakfast - she got the rice and beef - mashed potatoes and hash for me

OUTSTANDING - eggs done just right - I could have made a meal out of my potatoes - my eggs over easy with no slime and not overcooked

149 P each - Included drinks - her juice kind of weak - my coffee very strong

Charity talked to owner (hubby in OZ)  chief from Marco Polo

Going back when I pick up passport

Included pic of promo from October

Said going to have full American Thanksgiving dinner

https://www.travellersrestobar.com/about-us/

20171113_132147.jpg

20171113_130404.jpg

20171113_130358.jpg

20171113_124932.jpg

cache_952433555.png

cache_952433556.png

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1

Going to be doing special Thanksgiving  buffet - Turkey / beef -  many side dishes, with unlimited non-alcoholic drinks owner said

1,250 P at the door - 1,000 for advance tickets

Had their Travelers Club w/unlimited tea = 5 glasses, fries, coleslaw - great flavors

Charity had fish, veggies, rice w/ Kiwi lemonade

Their pumpkin soup is really good - not as strong flavored as I'm use to but damn good

Friday is drink special (Margarita, Sangria, Punch) 75P - ladies get 1 st one free

Sunday is Lamb and pig I believe

Too bad so far away (starting to think like a Filipino <_<)

Verified chief is former Marco Polo and we discussed quality of ingredients he makes her buy. Show in the taste.

Gave me a card for 10% discount on future meals

Been in business less than a year - seems to understand customer service and wants to carter to foreigners

20171116_151110.jpg

20171116_144752.jpg

20171116_144457.jpg

20171116_144445.jpg

• Like 3

We had lunch today at the Travellers in J Mall.  Nice place, good menu but....I asked for steak and kidney pie, out of stock, of the pies on the menu they only had chicken curry or beef chilli, I don't like hot or spicy food so no pie for me.  Ok so I asked for chicken roulade instead, that was out of stock as well.  I ended up with a pork chop and mash.  Glenda had spaghetti carbonara.

My chop was really tasty, the mash was a bit lumpy but not too bad, and had a nice buttery flavour.  It came with a small bowl of gravy but very little in the way of veg.  Glenda asked the waitress if the carbonara was good for one or two and was told one, when it came it was a very generous portion that was way too much for her.  I had some of it and it was good, really creamy, and came with a slice of garlic bread.  For drinks I had a can of coke and she had a really good banana shake, it even had a long slice of banana on the rim of the glass.  Total cost was P850

Overall the food was very good, really well prepared and cooked.  Things didn't get off to a very good start being told that my first two choices weren't available, especially them not having rare as hens teeth steak and kidney pie but would I go back again?  Yes but if they're trying to attract foreigners then running out of foreigner type foods maybe isnt the way to go. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sierra01 said:

We had lunch today at the Travellers in J Mall.  Nice place, good menu but....I asked for steak and kidney pie, out of stock, of the pies on the menu they only had chicken curry or beef chilli, I don't like hot or spicy food so no pie for me.  Ok so I asked for chicken roulade instead, that was out of stock as well.  I ended up with a pork chop and mash.  Glenda had spaghetti carbonara.

My chop was really tasty, the mash was a bit lumpy but not too bad, and had a nice buttery flavour.  It came with a small bowl of gravy but very little in the way of veg.  Glenda asked the waitress if the carbonara was good for one or two and was told one, when it came it was a very generous portion that was way too much for her.  I had some of it and it was good, really creamy, and came with a slice of garlic bread.  For drinks I had a can of coke and she had a really good banana shake, it even had a long slice of banana on the rim of the glass.  Total cost was P850

Overall the food was very good, really well prepared and cooked.  Things didn't get off to a very good start being told that my first two choices weren't available, especially them not having rare as hens teeth steak and kidney pie but would I go back again?  Yes but if they're trying to attract foreigners then running out of foreigner type foods maybe isnt the way to go. 

It seems that when whenever I recommend a place they aren't as good as I received.

The owner did say they were attracting mainly Americans - what we ordered was what I'd get back home - open less than a year - still trying to determine what to stock and how much.

Funny about the mash - when I make mine I like lumps :rolleyes:

Going back Sunday for their lamb and probably buy the Thanksgiving tickets - save 500 P

It wasn' that bad lamoe!  I really miss a good steak and kidney pie but it'  not the end of the world.

As for lumpy mash, to each his own lol

What impressed me also was the service - I told the server I drink a lot of tea - glass was never completely empty before she'd come with the picture after taking 1 st glass for re-fill

1st time there we ordered the Pumpkin soup - never came - no biggie - wasn't charged

The guy who recommended the place (smiling in pic)  - his wife  - who is in hospital having their kid  - works there - as I said a friendly Cheers kind of atmosphere - asked how we liked it - said food was great and we'd be back - Charity mentioned soup

This last time as soon as we walked in owner came over apologized and said please order soup and she'd make sure it came out.

Hubby of owner is a Roo and I bet he's emphasized customer service.

On 11/17/2017 at 6:12 PM, sierra01 said:

We went tonight for the lamb special  550 P w/ glass of wine - I've never had reg lamb (rack of lamb yes) but Charity said is was very good - she had the chicken panini w/ hot chocolate

Also bought  two tickets to thanksgiving buffet 1,250 reg down to 900 advance + 10% members discount

comes w/ 1 glass of wine (2 for me - I get Charity's) and lemonade

I did ask owner about the steak and kidney pie  and other dishes "out of stock" - not really - just temporarily not making due to limited refrig space and stocking up for Thanksgiving.

I've included # you can call and ask if back after next week.

20171119_210402.jpg

20171119_210334.jpg

20171119_193203.jpg

20171119_193145.jpg

20171119_185202.jpg

20171119_184754.jpg

Edited by lamoe

The lamb is a good price.  If they'e been open a year already they should have sorted out fridge space by now.

Unfortunately I'm off to Bantayan on Thursday coming back 37 or 28 and off to the UK on 29 for medical treatment.  I'l get in there again one day.